shape
carat
color
clarity

My version of the Princess Diana Bracelet

SB621

Ideal_Rock
FLy Girl- I was just coming online to post an update with my bracelet- we have great timing! Your bracelet is stunning- I'm loving the aqua color---can i tell you how jealous I am that you have an aqua?!?! I can't wait to see everything attached!

I heard back from Sally today and we finally agreed on the setting for the topaz. It is a little bit more flurish they I orginally wanted, but i'm going with it because I believe that Sally will know what will look best. From face up you will only see the prongs on the topaz. From the sides there will be a handcarved motif- see sketch below. I hope Sally doesn't mind me posting the images.

pearl3.jpg

pearl2.jpg

pearl1.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the motif on that Sarahbear! :love:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
cushioncutnut|1295963027|2832484 said:
I love the motif on that Sarahbear! :love:

Where have you been, CCN? We've missed your cheerful self! :wavey:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
WOW! THESE ARE BOTH AMAZING! :appl: :appl:

Flygirl, I love the color and contrast with the pearls! Lovely! :cheeky:

Sarahbear, I love the detailing, that's what makes it really look "royal". :love:

Love these updates, this is a fun thread!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621|1295937151|2832320 said:
FLy Girl- I was just coming online to post an update with my bracelet- we have great timing! Your bracelet is stunning- I'm loving the aqua color---can i tell you how jealous I am that you have an aqua?!?! I can't wait to see everything attached!

I heard back from Sally today and we finally agreed on the setting for the topaz. It is a little bit more flurish they I orginally wanted, but i'm going with it because I believe that Sally will know what will look best. From face up you will only see the prongs on the topaz. From the sides there will be a handcarved motif- see sketch below. I hope Sally doesn't mind me posting the images.

Thanks, Sarah. My aqua has great size, cutting and color, but it is by no means clean. That, and using silver, keeps the cost of this piece affordable, since I am not royalty. :wink2: Aqua is my birthstone, but I own very few aqua pieces. Most aqua that I've seen over the years is a pale blue that I'm not particularly fond of.

I'm glad you are getting some handcarving in the setting, since gold can handle that sort of interesting detail. Thank you again for the idea for this bracelet. I wanted to put my aqua in a bracelet as soon as I got it, but I needed some inspiration. I think this piece is going to turn out really well, since the color of the stone and the white of the pearls makes for a striking look. I'm certain that your bracelet is going to be great as well.

Glad you are enjoying the updates MoZo, CCN, bean, ds2006 and iLander. :))

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I'm glad I could help though it was PS that gave me the idea for the diana inspired bracelet. I want to say it was either you or Ilander who first posted the picture of Diana's set.

Have you check out Dover Jewelry lately? They have had some stunning aqua pieces that are very similar to our projects- but necklace versions...i will see if i can find pictures. i thought you might be curious.

CCN welcome back! haven't seen you post in a while!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621|1296006428|2833090 said:
Have you check out Dover Jewelry lately? They have had some stunning aqua pieces that are very similar to our projects- but necklace versions...i will see if i can find pictures. i thought you might be curious.
I went and looked and found this Tiffany piece. http://www.doverjewelry.com/catalog/necklaces_n_pendants/tiffany_n_co_2082cts_diamond_aquamarine_pearl_platinum_choker_necklace.html

It's a choker necklace, which I'm sure will look great on the right person. I'm not loving the black thread that it is strung on. Either that, or the piece desperately needs restringing.

It is a great look, though, isn't it?

Tiffany Pearl Necklace.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
That is the one! I'm not a fan of the black thread either. I like the thread to blend it and matcht he pearls. I"m sort of surprized that tiffany's used black- but hey it can be yours for only 20k!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Just a quick update that the braclet is going back to sally. I finally found an aqua in an emerald cut that I like that will work with the bracelet. The aqua is much smaller at 6cts but it has a nice spread so it will still work, though it will be more understated. Bracelet is going back to Sally this weekend!

christingill

Rough_Rock
I was just 12 years old when princess Diana become a fashion iconic in every generation. I am very big fan of her since that age.i love her all jeweleries in pearl, diamonds and Gold.Especially I like most her bracelet with one big diamond and lots of pearls.I am used to follow her design in every occasion.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results