shape
carat
color
clarity

~ My Veil ~ I ordered it today!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Super excited today! I ordered my veil from yourdreamdress.com !! ... or at least the Cathedral portion of it ...
9.gif

I''ve been stalking it out online for a while and took the plunge today! I had.to.have.it!!

It only came in Diamond White and my dress is Ivory Silk Satin but I''ve been assured that it should be a good match and if I find it not to be I should be able to return it no problem. I''m keeping my fingers crossed that it''s all good because I do NOT want to part with this veil.

Here are some pics that I thought you ladies might like to see. I hope it goes well with my dress!!

FenaroliforRegaliaSpark.JPG

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
9.gif

FFRSpark.JPG

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
My favourite part!
30.gif

FFRSpark2.JPG

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
A close up of the detail ...

FFRSpark3.JPG

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
FYI - It was an absolute pleasure dealing with yourdreamdress so if anyone was thinking about it ... They are terrific!

I was truly impressed! Not only do they provide amazing - authentic - new - designer gowns at heavily discounted prices (Yay) they also provide quality accessories, like the Badgley Mischka shoes I posted for Freke the other day and my veil!
31.gif
It is a beautiful Fenaroli by Regalia veil that I was able to get at 51% off the original price!!

Their customer service was prompt and courteous and really helpful. I initially emailed to inquire and Angela responded with an in-depth email that actually fully addressed my inquiry. I then called - several times - with subsequent questions and Angela was always prompt to answer and seemed happy to provide any additional information or assistance I required. Given that I was concerned that a diamond white veil may not suit my ivory dress, Angela went to the trouble of and took the time to compare ivory silk satins to this particular veil to see if it made a good match for me. Not every bridal shop would go to this trouble.

This is the customer service that dreams are made of and I wanted to give credit where credit is due and share since I KNOW that not all wedding vendors are created equally ... I''ve run into more than my fair share of the subpar ones!

... Now - I can''t wait to receive my gorgeous veil!!
36.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
WOW! That''s the most dramatic veil I''ve ever seen - it''s FABulous! Can you link to picture of your dress for lazy people like me who are too lazy to search for them? Danke!
1.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much, TheBigT!
It''s so exciting to be able to share this with others who appreciate and understand my enthusiasm!
Here is the link you requested.

I guess no one will accuse me of being understated?
25.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparkalicious, darling, there is nothing understated about you!!
30.gif
What a dramatic veil! I love it!! I think it'll go perfectly with your dress!! *fingers crossed* the colour matches!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Oops ... in case you were interested ... the designer is actually Fenaroli for Regalia, not "by" as I previously and incorrectly stated.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s gorgeous Spark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!When will you get it?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 7:09:10 PM
Author: kama_s
Sparkalicious, darling, there is nothing understated about you!!
30.gif
What a dramatic veil! I love it!! I think it''ll go perfectly with your dress!! *fingers crossed* the colour matches!
Oh, Ms. Kama, please do say it is so! Thank you! I will be so disappointed if the color is off. I was looking for drama and it smacked me in the face with this veil so it just has to match. Fingers crossed!
Besides ... I don''t have another option. I think that the designer is no longer in business or something so I don''t have the option of seeking out ivory.

Understated, me, never. I know - It''s an affliction. I blame it on the fact that I''m a Leo. I can''t help it.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Next week, my dear, Freke.
You really like it? I was scared to take the plunge but knew that I really liked it even if it is somewhat over the top. I figure that that''s better than liberally dousing it with crystals. My fi looked at me crazy b/c he knew that given the opportunity, that might be an option and he had visions of me walking down the aisle resembling a disco ball. Poor thing. Dramatic - yes. Disco ball - no.
38.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Dramatic yes, disco ball-no. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I have to go lie down on the bed and laugh some more...)

And why was the veil the first accessory bought?!?!?! SHOES WOMAN!!!!!!!!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 7:19:39 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Dramatic yes, disco ball-no. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I have to go lie down on the bed and laugh some more...)

And why was the veil the first accessory bought?!?!?! SHOES WOMAN!!!!!!!!!
You made me giggle. I may need to lie down. Stop.
9.gif

I know, I know. I found MY shoes! I big, puffy, engorged, distended and bloated heart them!!
30.gif

The only problem is that they are $1,200. Not going to happen.
38.gif

Here is a pic of what can never be mine. ... Unless of course, some super PS friends find them at like 70% off in my size??!
27.gif

SparkMBPutziba.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Quick question for any of you ladies who might know ...

The veil is supposed to be 108" long. I was hoping to have one that was closer to 120" or so. My gown has a train that is somewhere between chapel and semi-cathedral length ... since I haven''t been able to put the two together, I''m fearful that this veil might be a little shorter than the train.

Can anyone put my fears at ease?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I remember posting those somewhere before! They are gorgeous. Where did you find them? And what''s the name?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Putziba.

Barneys, I think. I wish that they were a soft gold color but I would buy them in a heartbeat, if I could!
Maybe they are name Putziba b/c I would be a Putz if I tried to fit them into my budget?
2.gif

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I''ve never seen ANYTHING like it. I have to admit....at first I was like....hmmmmmm....but the more I see it, the more I like it! Very cool!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Cougs, it''s so different and really beautiful! I like
36.gif
You, my dear, are going to be one stunning bride
9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That veil looks gorgeous - can''t wait to see pics of it IRL.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Spark it''s fantastic!!! I can''t wait to see your look put together, it''s gonna look awesome!
36.gif
And hellooooo those shoes!
30.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 8:03:57 PM
Author: Lanie
Wow! I''ve never seen ANYTHING like it. I have to admit....at first I was like....hmmmmmm....but the more I see it, the more I like it! Very cool!
Lanie - Me either! I''ve never seen anything like it. Strangely enough, I had a similar reaction to you. When I first saw it, I was like "hmm, that''s different" and didn''t pay it much notice. As I continued to stalk, I found myself drawn back to it over and over again. Then I just became completely obsessed and knew that this meant that I had to have it. It''s the craziest most spontaneous thing that I''ve done so far. Every other decision has been drawn out and methodical.

While I''m still anxious that it may not be right with my dress or may be the wrong color or that it''s not for everyone etc ... I really do think it is fabulous and am super excited about receiving it and trying it on!

I''m glad that it''s growing on you. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!!
35.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 8:11:10 PM
Author: pocahontas
Cougs, it''s so different and really beautiful! I like
36.gif
You, my dear, are going to be one stunning bride
9.gif
Well, my Couglover friend - Different is okay, right? If you love it and think that it''s beautiful, then I know it''s okay!
28.gif
That is really nice and makes me feel like this
36.gif

What is it about ordering something that makes you want to have it right NOW. My goodness ... I''m going to be a wreck waiting for this thing!

I just hope that it looks as nice as I''ve envisioned it. I''ll be pretty disappointed if it doesn''t but thankfully, I''ll be able to return it if its not right.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 9:20:08 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
That veil looks gorgeous - can''t wait to see pics of it IRL.
Thanks AG! I really appreciate that! It''s nerveracking sharing something that I love to an audience that may love it as I do or may hate it like the scourge of some disease yet unknown to man.
If pictures look okay, I will be happy to share them with you.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 9:40:25 PM
Author: sunnyd
Spark it''s fantastic!!! I can''t wait to see your look put together, it''s gonna look awesome!
36.gif
And hellooooo those shoes!
30.gif
Yay, Sunny - Thanks!
36.gif

I''m glad you like it. See - I didn''t get my so loved ruffles so I had to create something aesthetically interesting.
25.gif
It''s all your fault.
9.gif

Those shoes
18.gif
The price tag
14.gif
= Ugh!

Oh - You know what I was thinking .... I think that just for the principle of it, you should demand your veil. You can choose to use it or not to use it and to sell it etc but it''s yours. They promised it to you and you should take it regardless of whether or not you need it. If you are going to have a bachelorette party you can always use it for fun for that as well or if any of your friends will be getting married soon, they could use it, if they wanted etc. What type of veil did our favorite bridal salon
29.gif
"promise" you anyways.

Curious - what do you like about this veil. I''m interested in hearing if people are drawn to the same things that I liked about it.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s stunning!!!!! And the shoes.....
30.gif

That veil is going to be absolutely gorgeous IRL!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
YAY, princessplease!! Thank you!
36.gif

I''m happy dancing over here ... I really hope so. I''ll be totally bummed if it is not long enough or not the right color.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY! I love that veil! I love the shoes too! I ran into the same problem! I found a clutch that was to die for! For 1200.00!!! Lets see if I can go find it...Oh I can''t!

It was super cute though! Had crystals and everything all over it! It would go great with everything else you have! Good for you splurging on a veil! The one I bought just for my mock trial was 9.00 on theknot. I never in a million years thought it''d be good quality or look perfect! The bridal attendant said it was perfect and they''d steam it for me, lol!

I do wish I had something like yours though! I can''t wait to see the combo together! Be sure to take pics!

How are you doing your hair?!?!?!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Redrose. Budgets suck, huh?!
14.gif

The clutch sounds lovely. If we look long and hard enough I''m sure that we can find something fabulous, similar and more reasonably priced.

The veil wasn''t so much of a splurge at all given the great pricing it was offered at! I loved a Lazaro veil that was $1,200 and, of course, absolutely out of the question. I saw some other moderate ones that ranged from $200 - $700 etc because I was looking for 2 or 3 tier at a cathedral length so they got a little spendy. This one came in at the low end so I was pleased. I had no intention of spending anymore on a veil.

Your $9 veil, however, is a steal. You are a superstar. I combed the internet looking for a steal like that and never quite saw anything that struck my fancy. A lot of nice veils but nothing that made me have to have it, if you know what I mean.

I''m doing my hair half up and half down, I think ... Not positive yet but I think that that''s the way that I will go. I have naturally curly hair and will be wearing it straight as well.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Spark that veil is going to look amazing with your dress I can't wait to see it all pulled together
30.gif
, your going to make one beautiful bride :D.

The shoes you picked are stunning as well, I found this site in an Aussie bridal mag and my dream shoes
31.gif
but they have some really cute stuff and the exchange rate works really well in your favour
36.gif

Loads of sparkle and strappy

Not as sparkly but still cute :D

they had the same idea as Freke kinda

A little different but might look nice

Silver and sparkly

There are more on the site but these were the sparkliest :D.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results