shape
carat
color
clarity

~ My Veil ~ I ordered it today!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I CAN NOT WAIT to see pics of that veil and your dress! And those shoes are seriously drool worthy. People don''t need food at your reception right?
3.gif
31.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Dee - Fabulous!! Sparkly - what makes you think that I might like sparkly?
4.gif
25.gif

Thank you ... I''m so glad that you like the veil. I was hoping that you would!

Now ... those SHOES! Aren''t you guys just the best ... thanks for the research!!

There are several Benjamin Adams pairs that I like so nice call on those ones! You read my obsession ...
Of the bunch you posted ... I am
18.gif
#4 - "a little different but might look nice" If I could justify right now, I would do it AND I saw the kiss of death that they are only available for a limited time.
39.gif
Boo ... must. find. job in the US.

Right now I''m still dealing in Cdn$ so not that much of a difference/advantage at all but when I start working in the US and making US$ ... Let''s talk.
27.gif
I think that I might have some business to transact with your secret squirrel Australian shoe shop.
31.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Bwwahhhahaha! You made me laugh!!

RFT - You took the words right out of my mouth. Eating is just so overrated.
25.gif
Unfortunately, we''ve committed to feeding people already.
20.gif

Pretty funny how a wedding can totally lose focus, huh? There''s a whole world of people out there lurking to get you, the bride, distracted from the real meaning of a wedding and marriage and instead wrapped up in the materialism of being the center of attention. My budget has been seriously depleted given our present circumstances so sometimes it''s easy to sulk and be upset about it but other times it really helps to put stuff in perspective and remind me that it''s not all about the frills, it''s about the committment that we will be making in front of friends and family and the good fortune we have to be celebrating and sharing this special day with them.

This being said ... I still want those wretched shoes and I''ll feed those guests alright but those shoes will still be mine. FI doesn''t need a honeymoon, does he ... isn''t that just more materialism??
25.gif
9.gif

You are just too sweet. Thanks for the compliments and I''m so pleased that you like it.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
hahahaha I have no idea maybe just a random post here and there and my mind reading capabilities
2.gif

I thought you moved to the US already bugger if your cdn dollars then your just about as stuffed as we are then however when you get a US job whoot woo they will only be $325.574 plus shipping. Funnily enough even though these were nothing like the ones you posted they were the ones that I most thought of you when I saw them :D.

I plan a trip down there sometime to go have a look and when I do I will take pictures :D but I also have my niece on lookout when I can be bothered she has offered to have a look for me these are the ones I feel in love with (notice the fire
3.gif
)FI has also promised to by them for me YAY if they work out, the heel on my height looks killer though.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Nope ... not yet. Soon. I should be living down here by the beginning of April! Just a couple more weeks. I''m knee deep in packing right now!

Stuffed is the perfect word. Ugh ... I hate the exchange right now! $325.74 does sound A LOT better than $550, right? Easier to justify, right?
11.gif

A field trip you say ... Really?! Please do take lots of pictures. You are just the best, Dee!

Ummm ... I love your shoes and you lucky duck! Fi is getting them for you to boot!! Yay. It does make it that much more special, doesn''t it? I felt that way about my veil ... my fiance has bought it for me so I''m even more thrilled with it!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
So way better that makes the shoes on sale :D.

Awww what a sweet FI to buy your veil it does make it that much more awww, I don''t know if mine is as romantic he laughed at me when I cried over the shoes so that is his reason for buying them for me - so he could see me cry over a pair of shoes again
20.gif

When I send my niece down there I will make sure to tell her to get pics of both - especially foot shots and post them here :D.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
On Sale! Yay!

That''s hilarious and just as heartwarming. I love that story. He sounds like a brat like my fi. Seriously - they love messing with us, don''t they?
20.gif

Yes - lots of pics. By the time your nieces time comes around, she''ll be fully prepped for her own process.

Have you posted any pics of your kitty on PS ... So stinkin cute!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
YAY - Thanks Lily!

Initially I was going for straight out sparkle ... you know, standard scatter sparkle, that I love so much ... I just loved the feel of this one so much more that I chose to forego some ofthe sparkle for a cleaner more visually interesting look.

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous! I can''t wait to see everything together! Please post pics soon when you get it!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Spark, I think he is cute but I am biased he is a funny old fellow - strange fat animal he is. I think once upon a time I posted pics of both but I have no idea where they are - I should add some to the furry babies thread but I am to lazy to upload some.

FI is a brat but he is a loveable brat LOL so I decided to keep him
25.gif

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2009 2:09:45 AM
Author: Deelight
Thanks Spark, I think he is cute but I am biased he is a funny old fellow - strange fat animal he is. I think once upon a time I posted pics of both but I have no idea where they are - I should add some to the furry babies thread but I am to lazy to upload some.

FI is a brat but he is a loveable brat LOL so I decided to keep him
25.gif

Isnt that how they are all, lol.
20.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks rockin''! I can''t wait to see it all together either! It''s either going to be a trainwreck or I''m going to be really happy. I''m keeping my fingers crossed for the latter!
9.gif

Yes, Dee ... please let me know when you do post more pics. I wanna see. Such a cutie!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
More excited!
Just found out that my train should measure about 5 ft, which means that this veil at about 9 ft should be perfect and not too short for my train.
Phew! .... now we just have to figure out if the color works.
32.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 10:28:20 PM
Author: Sparkalicious

Date: 3/9/2009 9:40:25 PM
Author: sunnyd
Spark it''s fantastic!!! I can''t wait to see your look put together, it''s gonna look awesome!
36.gif
And hellooooo those shoes!
30.gif
Yay, Sunny - Thanks!
36.gif

I''m glad you like it. See - I didn''t get my so loved ruffles so I had to create something aesthetically interesting.
25.gif
It''s all your fault.
9.gif

Those shoes
18.gif
The price tag
14.gif
= Ugh!

Oh - You know what I was thinking .... I think that just for the principle of it, you should demand your veil. You can choose to use it or not to use it and to sell it etc but it''s yours. They promised it to you and you should take it regardless of whether or not you need it. If you are going to have a bachelorette party you can always use it for fun for that as well or if any of your friends will be getting married soon, they could use it, if they wanted etc. What type of veil did our favorite bridal salon
29.gif
''promise'' you anyways.

Curious - what do you like about this veil. I''m interested in hearing if people are drawn to the same things that I liked about it.
Hehe, sorry! That veil definitely makes up for rufflessness.
3.gif

Yeah the price isn''t so good...but they sure are purdy!
5.gif

Oh I''m totally getting A veil from them one way or another! Maybe I could take it and shred it in the parking lot like that one crazy biatch from Bridezillas did. Hahaha!!! Just kidding...I don''t know what kind it is, cheap and ugly? It was free after all.
1.gif
It would be fun to wear it for the bach party though!

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
OH-MY-GOSH!!!!

GREAT choice with the veil! I''ve never seen one like it! It is going to be perfect with your amazing dress!

You are going to look incredible!!! I seriously can''t WAIT to see pictures of you in the entire ensemble. Absolutely to die for!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Love the veil Spark! Thanks for letting me know!
2.gif
It's truly stunning!

You will be one glamorous bride Sparky!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
I love the length of it.

teapot

Shiny_Rock
I love it!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 1:33:21 PM

3.gif

5.gif

Oh I''m totally getting A veil from them one way or another! Maybe I could take it and shred it in the parking lot like that one crazy biatch from Bridezillas did. Hahaha!!! Just kidding...I don''t know what kind it is, cheap and ugly? It was free after all.
1.gif
Yes it does! ... well kinda, anyways.
25.gif
Nothing really makes up for the delicious rufflyness of your divine train.

Perfect ... Happy to hear that you will be getting one! I can''t wait to see which veil you end up absconding with.
11.gif
Go for a good one ... Demand one you like, actually ... or get your FMIL to since they are super shady with that cruise business. Speaking of PB - While looking for jobs today, I saw that they were hiring!
23.gif
Can you imagine working for them and lying to all types of unsuspecting brides? Yowsers.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
PearlDahhhling - Thank you! I don''t know if I will be showing you pictures anymore.
25.gif
I don''t want to disappoint!! Just teasing ... I hope that the ensemble turns out to be as fab as I think it will be.

Coati - Thanks, dear. I know that you like being kept in the loop, my friend. Couldn''t have a major wedding development go down and not update you.
2.gif
Glad you like it!

Bee* - Yay! Thank you ... In theory, I love the length as well. Let''s hope that I don''t get annoyed with it on my wedding day and take a pair of scissors to it b/c I keep tripping over all the material.
I think I might have missed it but are you getting a veil as well or have you already gotten one. If you are or have ... what length do you want?

teapot - Thanks teapot! I love that you love it!
35.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh I just LOVE IT! I can''t wait to see real life pics! You are just going to be STUNNING on your wedding day!

And those shoes...SIIIIIIIIIIIIGH. Love your reasoning for the name of them!
3.gif
Those are just gorgeous...but yeah, $1200 hurts!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I love it! Are you going to do have a gathering like that in your hair?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Thing - Thanks for getting my horrible joke.
16.gif
25.gif
Glad that you love it! I love that you love it because I just can''t get enough of it. I keep looking at the pics and saying ... yah - that''s the one. It''s the craziest thing though b/c I''m still super nervous thinking that it might be a little too much or that the diamond white will clash with the ivory of my gown etc etc. Ugh ... Then again - I shouldn''t doubt myself ... I looked at your gown before you purchased it and said "yah - that''s the one" as well. It''s just too perfect and gorgeous and absolutely you!
Still working on the shoes
11.gif
.... since I didn''t have to sell any organs to finance my dress, I''m figuring now might be the time since, to me, those shoes are to die for!!
18.gif
Besides - they will HAVE to go on sale before September, right?
9.gif

Katamari - Thanks so much!! I hadn''t thought about that ... I don''t think so. I don''t mean to be lame but I''m so visual. Do you have an example of what you were thinking. I would love to see it so that I could figure out if I should wear my hair with a gathering. I was thinking of wearing it half up and half down just so that it will be down but off of my face. I have really curly hair and will be wearing my hair straight with, if anything, really large loose curls.
If I misunderstood you, please feel free to smack me and set me straight.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 9:02:01 PM

Date: 3/10/2009 1:33:21 PM

3.gif

5.gif

1.gif
Yes it does! ... well kinda, anyways.
25.gif
Nothing really makes up for the delicious rufflyness of your divine train.

Perfect ... Happy to hear that you will be getting one! I can''t wait to see which veil you end up absconding with.
11.gif
Go for a good one ... Demand one you like, actually ... or get your FMIL to since they are super shady with that cruise business. Speaking of PB - While looking for jobs today, I saw that they were hiring!
23.gif
Can you imagine working for them and lying to all types of unsuspecting brides? Yowsers.
LOL! Or WE could go get jobs there and turn it into the best business ever! We''d have to figure out how to mutiny the owner(s?) and turn everyone else around though...meh, too much work.
3.gif

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Love the pretty detail on the veil! SO sweet your FI bought it for you. Hope the color matches cuz you are going to look deeee-vine
18.gif
on your wedding day! Please post pics! I wanna see how it all looks together.

Are you getting the shoes?
3.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 11:42:21 AM
LOL! Or WE could go get jobs there and turn it into the best business ever! We''d have to figure out how to mutiny the owner(s?) and turn everyone else around though...meh, too much work.
3.gif
Yes! THE best! But *sigh* ,alas, you are correct. It would be WAY too much hassle based on the pieces of work I saw were employed there. Besides, we''re on the straight and narrow and they are, safe to say, not, thus, they would use their wicked ways to thwart our success, no?
25.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 11:42:50 AM
Author: panda08
Love the pretty detail on the veil! SO sweet your FI bought it for you. Hope the color matches cuz you are going to look deeee-vine
18.gif
on your wedding day! Please post pics! I wanna see how it all looks together.

Are you getting the shoes?
3.gif
Panda - Thanks so much! Yes, I thought that it was sweet too. He is still shaking his head trying to figure out why all of this bridal stuff is so expensive but deep down I know that he loves it too.
9.gif

Good news ... and thanks for the well wishes ... I confirmed with the dress maker today that their Ivory silk is a light ivory shade, which means that it is quite similar/interchangeable with a diamond white color. Woohoo!

Boo ... not getting the shoes, as far as I know. Unless I wake up in a tub of
22.gif
22.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 1:29:12 AM

Katamari - Thanks so much!! I hadn''t thought about that ... I don''t think so. I don''t mean to be lame but I''m so visual. Do you have an example of what you were thinking. I would love to see it so that I could figure out if I should wear my hair with a gathering. I was thinking of wearing it half up and half down just so that it will be down but off of my face. I have really curly hair and will be wearing my hair straight with, if anything, really large loose curls. If I misunderstood you, please feel free to smack me and set me straight.

I am totally thinking half-up, half-down. Just since your veil has the gathering and your dress has that dramatic mermaid shape, it just seems like your hair should have some gathering to me, too. It could be matchy-matchy for you, but I see it as thematic. lol. Something like this with the ponytail:

hair.pic5.for.spark.jpg

katamari

Ideal_Rock
But I love this one, too:

hair.pic2.for.spark.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results