shape
carat
color
clarity

My Vatche/tree-inspired ring...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock

Here's a start, and below is the link to my LIW "exit" thread with more pics!! This was a custom platinum piece done by my local jeweler. FI (got to get used to that!) and I both loved the Vatche Royal Crown, and another ring we saw online (from a site that we weren't comfortable buying from after researching on PS!) that looked sortof like a tree holding the stone in its branches (hard to explain). I really wanted a twist in the side and a split shank, we collaborated with the jeweler and his mold-maker to come up with this. I'm thrilled with the ring, and of course thrilled that FI and I now are officially engaged!!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/put-it-on-the-board-yes.60448/

JLGRing1.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cool setting! What are the specs? It looks huge! Congrats

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
It's neither huge nor "perfect" by PS standards, but I love it. I think the slightly higher crown gives it a bit more fire than some of the shallower ones I saw. The ring is a size 6 (again, giant-size by PS standards). I think it is partly the split shank and the delicate wires that are making it read so large in the pics.

GIA Excellent
1.32 G S11 (eye clean)
7.01-7.05X4.35 VG/EX No fluor
Depth: 61.9
Table: 57
Crown Angle: 35.5
Crown Height: 15.5
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion Height: 43
Star: 50%
Lower Half: 85%
(those last two measurements I'm not too sure of -- they are measured on the "x" axis...I think thats what they are)
Girdle: med-sl thk (faceted)

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
What a sweet proposal, a cute cat and a stunning ring. Congrats.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful design! And congratulations on your engagement!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really love this ring!! I remember the wax and just dying to see it done! I just went back to see the wax and those pics are gone!!! ::sob:: those were fun!

Anyway... to get it all here I''ll help you move them :)

JLGRing2.jpg

JLGRing3.jpg

JLGRing5.JPG

JLGRing6.JPG

I have to say though... this isn''t enough! You need to take some more pics and post them right here in THIS thread!!!!!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
you know, when I saw the wax I loved the unusual prongs and thought it almost looked like a volcano, I had no idea it would be so organic with the trees and I have to say - again - I really love this ring! I love that the design is unique and organic and yet still has a nice big diamond in it!!! I could go on and on... this is going down as one of my favorite PS rings :)

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
It''s very cool! I love the unique setting...it definitely has an organic feel to it. Congratulations!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Cehra, I'm all ferklempt (that's poorly-spelled yiddish for tearing up!) again. It really means a lot to hear that -- I agonized over the stone and the design so much! I can't wait to see your ring -- I know it will be gorgeous! Thanks for helping me move the pics. I have more, but it was taking awfully long to "optimize" them and I had to get to work (b/c I'm getting so much accomplished here -- not!). I'll post more, never fear -- I've got to get the kitty delivery picture. Maybe that should go on our save the dates!

FI and I are of different religious backgrounds, so we felt that having a 'tree of life' with intertwining branches really symbolized the interconnectedness and strenth of our relationship and backgrounds. I guess the biblical reference makes the timing of the proposal that much more appropriate (Good Friday in the middle of Passover!). It was also three years ago this weekend (Easter weekend in the middle of Passover) that we found our beautiful, loving kitty as a stray. She is a very important part of our little family (and knows it)!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
I will attempt to ressurect the wax pics in Cehra''s honor:

JLGwaxrng1.jpg

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
another wax pic...

JLGwaxrng2.jpg

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
wax waxy wax...

JLGwaxrng3.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cool. I love how organic the setting is. Congrats on your engagement!

E B

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE it! So unique and strong, yet delicate at the same time. I also love its symbolism. Congratulations on your engagement!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all for the lovely compliments. Here are some more pics. I had to go to the office to get plant pictures.

JLGPlantRing1.JPG

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
WOWWW!! That is one of the coolest settings I've ever seen! Cehrabehra described it as organic and I agree!! Very worthy of your gorgeous stone. I can see it in yellow and rose gold with colored gems too....... gorgeous.
30.gif

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on the engagement! The ring is beautiful!! I didn''t like the crown setting before but after seeing all the rings on PS it has really grown on me!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I love that ring!
30.gif
Awesome. Beautiful. Unique and very special. A wonderful solitaire.
25.gif

Congratulations on your engagement.
36.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
What a unique ring. Congrats and enjoy that sparkler!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Very unique...& gorgeous!!!! Congrats!!!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again, all -- FI was so flattered that "strangers" liked the ring so much!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That setting is awesome!!! What a great ''throne'' for your lovely stone!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
What a beauty!!! Congratulations!!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
so COOL!!!!! I love how organic it is, and how it holds up the stone like the trophy that it is. Very neat!! Congrats on your engagement!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2007 10:37:27 AM
Author: enbcfsobe
Thanks again, all -- FI was so flattered that ''strangers'' liked the ring so much!
I keep coming back to look at it... it''s totally different from my ring, but it reminds me kinda of it too. and obviously I love THAT hahaha ;-) I love that it is totally unique. I have a real special spot for the truly one of a kind things that show up here. Sure, most rings are custom and different in some way, but they still fit a broad genre. Yours escapes that and I think mine will too :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do want to see more pictures of it - profile and side views and every other view!!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/9/2007 11:02:58 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
I do want to see more pictures of it - profile and side views and every other view!!
Ok, Cehra -- I''ll try! I can''t wait to see your ring!! Here are some more pics...

Being swallowed by my office "pet"

JLGFishRing1.JPG

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
On fishy''s tail...

JLGFishRing2.JPG

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
more with flowering plant...

JLGPlantRing2.JPG

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
With my trusty spider plant (survived college with less damage than I did!)

JLGPlantRing5.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results