shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My Updated RB Diamond Ring Collection!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

It was requested in an earlier thread that I display my current collection of RB diamonds. So I decided to take advantage of the sunny weather today and take a few pics of my rings. For those of you interested in seeing what a 3 stone, 5 stone, halo or pave eternity band would look like in comparison to each other, I think I can help! This may make it easier for people to decide what look they ultimately want to achieve in the end. This is by no means how I wear them everyday, just for educational purposes only!

Thanks for looking!

img_9853_-_version_2.jpg

img_9834_-_version_2.jpg

img_9846_-_version_2.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: My Updated RB Diamond Collection!

Beautiful! What are the stats of each of the pieces, you know, for educational purposes :) I'm specifically interested in the stats of the solitaire vs. 3 stone.. although I'd love to know the stats for all! I'd love to take your 5 stone! That's one bangin' ring! Oh, and ring size please :razz:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course they are all gorgeous - thanks for sharing all of them in one thread.

I agree though - stats would be wonderful for all of us but particularly for those trying to buy and decide!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Your collection is absolutely stunning! :love: :love: :love: the three stone and single cut bands are my absolute favorites! Yum!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! :love: Can I come over and play?? :naughty: I'm interested in the stats too. I think that you said that the halo and center of the three stone are both 2ct but I can't remember if that's correct. You have an amazing drool worthy collection. Thanks so much for sharing!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Was just about to add the stats (had to look them up):

--The RB in the VC halo is 1.91 ct w/ surrounding single cut diamonds (0.85 ctw), 1.4 mm halo and 1.7 mm diameter shanks x 2.
--The BGD 3 stone is 3.02 ct w/ 0.548/0.545 ct side stones.
--The VC shared prong 5 stone is 2.04 ctw (0.33/0.41/0.56/0.41/0.33 ct each).
--The 2 VC single cut pave eternity bands are 1.9 mm diameter (can't remember tcw).

My ring size is 6.5 so I can comfortably wear all my rings on either hand.

Hope this helps!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous - thanks for the stats!

Once again, your collection is just superb!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And they are all gorgeous!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, everyone!

Now I'm just missing a plain solitaire RB ring for the pic--wonder if diamondseeker will let me borrow her Vatche 6 prong 1.58 ct solitaire ring for the next photo shoot to make the comparison complete! :)

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just had to share a funny story--DH just walked past my screen which happened to have these photos in view and he said "whoa, who's bling is that?!" He was totally surprised to find out it was mine, LOL!

Just rotated this pic for a better perspective:

img_9859_-_version_2.jpg

Luxie

Shiny_Rock
:love: They are all beautiful! Thanks for sharing I thoroughly enjoyed staring at your lovelies!

FrankieL

Rough_Rock
OMG, these are BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the close-up shot......you're a lucky lady!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, that is a stunning collection!! You are one lucky lady!! How do you decide what to wear each day???

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely adore your collection. Each piece is perfection. Do you have a favorite?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really need to branch out into other shapes one of these days! I love all the AVR's and Octavia Asscher's that I've seen on PS--so tempting!

Yenny--I usually wear the 3 stone w/ the 2 pave bands on my LH. I've been wearing the 5 stone lately on the RH since it is my newest piece. I save the halo for special occasions for rotation on the LH. I usually don't wear the 3 stone and halo at the same time b/c I think it's a little too blingy for everyday wear at work.

Rosebloom--My 3 stone has become my favorite piece thus far!

Here's another pic:

img_9865_-_version_2.jpg

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Really very beautiful. Lucky girl. :appl:

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful collection! Seeing all of these styles side by side confirms my love of 3 stones. :love:

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful collection! :love:

RaspberryBliss

Shiny_Rock
Oooh, you have quite a beautiful collection. I'll take one of each please! Can you imagine the looks you'd get if you were to wear all 4 at once...1 on each finger and head out to a store or restaurant? That would be quite blingtastic!! :lickout:

RaspberryBliss

Shiny_Rock
Ha, I love your husband's response to your picture...priceless!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Orchid Lei--Glad to be of help to you!

SparklyOEC, Tacori E-ring--Thanks!

RasberryBliss--Luckily, DH has a good sense of humor! I think I'll keep him! ;-) I think Phoenix would be one of the few PS'ers who could actually pull off the whole blingtastic look at once!

charleston1

Shiny_Rock
You have an absoutely gorgeous classic collection. I love each and every one but seeing them all together...Wow! Just stunning :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1344117067|3246041 said:
Thanks, everyone!

Now I'm just missing a plain solitaire RB ring for the pic--wonder if diamondseeker will let me borrow her Vatche 6 prong 1.58 ct solitaire ring for the next photo shoot to make the comparison complete! :)

You are a sweetheart but I think you'd need to borrow Bliss' or sna77's Vatche solitaires to complete this picture! :bigsmile:

I adore your collection...classic, gorgeous, finest quality...and just what I like! :love: :love: :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, so pretty!! :love:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys, your ring collection is AMAZING!! :love: :love: :love: Thanks for posting the group photos.

May I ask if you wouldn't mind posting family photos of all your rings together with your other pieces? Don't you have a pair of studs and a pendant as well?

Also, are all your diamonds G-H, VS?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there, Phoenix! I had a tough time trying to get my ring collection together for the pic outside! I almost lost one of the bands in the grass trying to photograph them. I was about to have a heart attack trying to find it! May have to eventually resort to a toe shot like in your avatar to get the earrings and necklace in, too! The neighbors may think I'm crazy, LOL! The 1.9 ct is a D VS-2, the 3 ct is a H SI-1, and the 5 stones are made up of G VS-VVS diamonds. BTW, I saw that you're selling a lot of your pieces (love your VC Art Deco halo!)--did you find the large rock of your dreams yet? Are you selling your 3 ct RB for real, also?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, DS! I really love your classic style, also! Will be awaiting your input on my next piece!

Laila, Charleston1--Thanks for chiming in!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1344141039|3246220 said:
Hi there, Phoenix! I had a tough time trying to get my ring collection together for the pic outside! I almost lost one of the bands in the grass trying to photograph them. I was about to have a heart attack trying to find it! May have to eventually resort to a toe shot like in your avatar to get the earrings and necklace in, too! The neighbors may think I'm crazy, LOL! The 1.9 ct is a D VS-2, the 3 ct is a H SI-1, and the 5 stones are made up of G VS-VVS diamonds. BTW, I saw that you're selling a lot of your pieces (love your VC Art Deco halo!)--did you find the large rock of your dreams yet? Are you selling your 3 ct RB for real, also?

Glad you managed to find your band. I'd be too scared to take pics of my bling outside in the garden. I don't know what I'd do if I was to drop one or two pieces never to find them again in that mess of a garden of ours, lol! Yes yes, please totally do the toe shot, that'd be fun!

WOWZA, I didn't know that the 1.9ct is a D VS2!! Is that your original ering? I know you had it reset. Your other pieces have very high specs too. Lucky lucky girl!

Yes, I am selling quite a few pieces. I've been culling my collection these last 4-5 years, getting rid of smaller unworn pieces. I had a hard time trying to decide whether to sell the VC yellow ring, but in the end I decided that I would since I wasn't wearing it often enough (the centre stone is a wee bit too small for me, esp. when compared to my other pieces). Unfortunately, I got a bit distracted last year but hopefully am now on the right track to owning fewer but larger pieces.

I've found loads of 5ct stones which I love. As usual, I am having trouble deciding betwen an EC/ asscher, a RB, an oval and an OEC. Some of the stones I found have now been sold, but hopefully when (eventually) I manage to pull the funds together, I will pull the trigger on a 5ct (whatever shape that might be, lol). I've had Perry list my 3ct and most likely will sell it if I could get a reasonable offer. However, seeing your halo'ed ring is making me do a double-take. I totally blame you, ha ha!! :wink2:

What will your next piece be? An AVR, Octavia, OEC or EC? How will you decide?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix--Yes, the D-VS is my 2nd upgrade. My original engagement ring is now my BGD Barbara pendant. As for future projects, I've decided to concentrate on smaller, quality staple pieces for now that will get more use instead of the large EC that I had originally planned. So I've got a shared prong 15 pt eternity band in the works as we speak that will be an alternate RHR. I guess I'll live vicariously through you when you get that 5ct honker of your dreams! But I really hope you get to keep your 3ct RB and just halo it instead, too!

Now I'll admit I've been very tempted by the Octavia Asscher and all of these OEC's/AVR's that are popping up on PS, though! So who knows what will happen in the future!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
They are all very beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results