shape
carat
color
clarity

My Two-Piece Romona Keveza Ruffle Gown Arrived Today!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RLG

Shiny_Rock
I love it!!!! I agree with everyone else the ruffles look nice as they are.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
You look SOOOO fantastic! That dress is amazing on you. I love the ruffles the way the are! And that veil is the perfect compliment.

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
FF that dress looks absolutely fabulous on you and i would not change the ruffles at all. i have to be honest that i wasn''t really liking the dress when i saw the previous try-on pics of you. i was not really crazy about the ruffle effect. in the dress pics before the dress was wearing you but in these pics you are definitely wearing the dress.

but with it fitted to your size, it looks gorgeous and so unique. and your figure is great - i''m totally jealous! and the material looks amazing. you are going to have some fabulous wedding pics! congrats!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
soooooo georgeous! seriously. that is a darn fine dress lady. You will look at the pics in several decades with your granddaughters and be thrilled again with the day and the amazingness of that dress.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
You look stunning in your gown, FF! It looks amazing!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Oh my! That is beautiful. One of my favorite dresses!!!! I think it has many classic elements, but is also modern and very stylish (if that makes any sense). I love Romona Keveza''s gowns....

Gwyn

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh I love that dress!!!!!

And I didnt really even notice the difference in ruffle size. It looks like it was intended to be small at the top and a lil larger down bottom.

Sailorette

Rough_Rock
I had to de-lurk to say that I LOVE THAT GOWN!!! I just did a quick Google, and found a sample for sale on preowned wedding dresses! Unfortunately it''s still out of my price range, but maybe one of you other ladies could use the info!

http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/dress_details.asp?id=2363

There are a bunch of other Romona Keveza gowns on there, too! Maybe I''ll get a surprise bonus after our annual review in a few weeks and be able to look at them ''for real''...

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, you all are so nice! Thank you for the sweet comments! I am so glad that you like how it turned out.

Amandine, it''s funny. I bought the shoes before I even decided on a dress. They are by Vera Wang and are a nice natural white color. I am attaching pics...please excuse the mirror spots in the pic, I guess it needs some windex. What do you think, will they go well?

Bridal_Shoes_Small_006.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
One more pic, which shows the sparkle. But the color is more accurate in that first pic.

Bridal_Shoes_Small_003.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/7/2008 3:08:49 PM
Author: Sailorette
I had to de-lurk to say that I LOVE THAT GOWN!!! I just did a quick Google, and found a sample for sale on preowned wedding dresses! Unfortunately it''s still out of my price range, but maybe one of you other ladies could use the info!

There are a bunch of other Romona Keveza gowns on there, too! Maybe I''ll get a surprise bonus after our annual review in a few weeks and be able to look at them ''for real''...
Oh, wow...good find! It looks lovely on that girl in the ad...makes me re-think the smaller ruffle up top...I like how the bigger one looks on her! I am glad that you posted...welcome!

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
Your dress is gorgeous and it looks wonderful on you. I love how the veil looks with it. I think the ruffle looks great the way it is. I think you would change the look if you made it too matchy matchy.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Facet, you look awesome! How fun that your dress came early...I hope I get a nice surprise like that.

sunnygirl

Shiny_Rock
Facetfire - You look AMAZING!!! I love that dress and it looks like it was made for you! Congratulations! The ruffles look perfect the way they are!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Facetfire - That dress is EXQUISITE and you look phenomenal!
36.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Facet!! I love it on you, it''s perfect!!! You have a beautiful figure in that dress.

Would you mind telling what the shape of the gown is? It''s exactly what I am looking for but have a hard time with terminology...Is it trumpet? Or mermaid?

Thank you! And

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Facet I think your dress is perfect and it looks perfectly fantastic on you veil, dress, shoes, ruffles the lot :)

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
Your dress looks absolutely amazing on you! So beautiful!

As far as the ruffle on the bottom of the dress, I didn''t notice the size difference. If it really bothers you, you should have it altered. Otherwise, I don''t think it''s really a big deal.

Good luck with your decision!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/7/2008 3:40:00 PM
Author: FacetFire

Oh, wow...good find! It looks lovely on that girl in the ad...makes me re-think the smaller ruffle up top...I like how the bigger one looks on her! I am glad that you posted...welcome!
FF the dress looks incredible on you!! Stunning! As far as the bottom ruffle goes, I''d leave it. I think since the skirt is bigger down there, it can handle the larger ruffle. But for the top ruffle, while it does look good bigger on that other girl, I think the smaller is a better combo with your body size - I think it essentially gives you the same look - just more proportionate or something.

Sorry for the lack of clarity in my post, but bottom line is that I think it is perfect as it is on you!!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/8/2008 6:21:18 AM
Author: allycat0303
Facet!! I love it on you, it''s perfect!!! You have a beautiful figure in that dress.

Would you mind telling what the shape of the gown is? It''s exactly what I am looking for but have a hard time with terminology...Is it trumpet? Or mermaid?

Thank you! And
I have been referring to this shape as trumpet. I believe that mermaid is a more extreme flare, like the first dress I purchased. If I were specifically looking for this shape, I''d tell salons I wanted a trumpet shape or maybe a fitted A-line woud be close also. Hope that helps!

And thank you all again for the nice words! I am really looking forward to getting it completely fitted...I really think it will look a lot better. The corset top is too big at the hip, so I really need that taken in...it was really bugging me how it flared out. The funny thing is that the corset is too tight at the top...we''ll see if a month at the gym will help that or I guess I''ll need to get it let out a touch.
41.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/8/2008 10:12:46 AM
Author: October2008bride

Date: 4/7/2008 3:40:00 PM
Author: FacetFire

FF the dress looks incredible on you!! Stunning! As far as the bottom ruffle goes, I''d leave it. I think since the skirt is bigger down there, it can handle the larger ruffle. But for the top ruffle, while it does look good bigger on that other girl, I think the smaller is a better combo with your body size - I think it essentially gives you the same look - just more proportionate or something.

Sorry for the lack of clarity in my post, but bottom line is that I think it is perfect as it is on you!!
I''m glad you think so! I''m just not going to dwell on it...no going back now, anyway. I think the small ruffle looks fine. I guess I was just surprised at how much more skin I was showing on top iwhen you combined the smaller dress size and the smaller ruffle. Maybe I just need the ruffle to crumple a little...it is so flat coming from the manufacturer, it will probably look better when it crumples and sticks out a little.

Anyway, thank you all for the reassurance about the ruffle sizes!

Just wanted to chime in to say exquisite! Your dress and you! And I love the ruffles different sizes.

Amazing shoes too - perfecto!

glueck

Shiny_Rock
STUNNING*****

This gown is TDF and it looks like it was designed with you in mind. I wouldnt touch the ruffle. it really balances nicely with the flare on the skirt....all in all, perfect.

Love the sparkly shoes!

you will be a breathtaking bride!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
You look gorgeous in that dress. Don''t change a thing!

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, the shoes are gorgeous, too! I love how the straps cross.

AmyBride

Rough_Rock
I think it''s near-perfect as it. What a fantastic dress! Congratulations!!

Beth

Shiny_Rock
The dress is absolutely perfect. Don''t touch those ruffles - they make it along with the covered buttons down the back.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
WOW! WOW! WOW! I love your dress times infinity and I wouldn''t change a thing. I remember loving it when you posted pictures previously, but I love it doubly as much now.

P.S> Did I remember to say WOW?

eaglesgal

Rough_Rock
Your dress is GORGEOUS!!! It looks beautiful on you! And I wouldn''t notice anything at all different about the ruffles. I just ordered a Romona Keveza gown on Saturday and actually got to meet her while I had the dress on. The dress was literally the one that the model wore on the runway so it was a *wee* bit small to say the least! She was probably thinking, "HHmmph! Looked better on the model!" HA!

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
I was looking through a photographer''s portfolio and came across this - I THINK it''s your dress. Except that they neckline was modified. It''s two pieces like yours though so I think it''s the same. I just thought you might want to see how beautifully your dress photographs. You made a wonderful choice.

http://www.jennyandbrad.com/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results