shape
carat
color
clarity

My time has come - GOG Cushion!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. I can''t believe this moment is finally here! I joined this website in Jan of this year after lurking and learning for several months. I can''t tell you what a huge help you all have been...so much knowledge - I just love it! Thank you!

My quest started with just me knowing that I love cushions and that I have always wanted one for my ERing someday. But, after trying to go it on my own and sort through the BN lists, I found this site...thankfully!! After being shown several stones from Mark at ERD and Jonathan at GOG, the stars didn''t quite align - either I wasn''t in LOVE with the stone or we weren''t quite ready to drop the dough...so, I had to be patient and wait for "the one" and the right time!

Thankfully I waited...waited long enough to see Jonathan come out with his Signature line...and waited for "the one" with the specs we wanted!! Yay!!

Thank you to the PSers who guided me through the process early on...specifically Lorelei, CharmyPoo, and Pixely. Those are the first "faces" of PS I remember!

Thank you to Jonathan at GOG who was sooooo great throughout the process!! Always entertaining me with great videos and witty emails!! And, I do want to thank Mark at ERD, too. He was wonderful to meet with and a really great guy! I wouldn''t hesitate to work with either of these great vendors!!!

Yay! This baby is on its way!!! Thanks, Jonathan and GOG!!!!! I can''t wait to see it in person!!!
9.gif

1.64 I VS1 Signature GOG Cushion

And, OF COURSE, the video!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats. :)

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!! I am so happy that you have finally found the one. I am also nearing my year long search!!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
This is a stunning diamond!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!! you must be thrilled!!!
36.gif

What di you have in mind for the setting?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was our pleasure to help you and many congrats!!!! AMAZING rock!!!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 11:53:39 AM
Author: CharmyPoo
Congrats!! I am so happy that you have finally found the one. I am also nearing my year long search!!
Hi CharmyPoo! Yeah...I saw that in another thread that you are going for a GOG signature, too!! So cool!!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow! that is a stunning Diamond. Thank goodness you waited! Congrats

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooh, that is delicious looking! Congrats.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 11:55:32 AM
Author: Amethyste
This is a stunning diamond!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!! you must be thrilled!!!
36.gif

Glad you asked! We are taking it up to SingleStone on Sept 10 and I''m about 90% sure about this setting...tried it on several months back. My only reservation is that I don''t want the halo to cover up too much (or any!) of the stone. I''m hoping to discuss options with them.

SS setting close up side edit 123.jpg

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 12:12:16 PM
Author: Rock_of_Love

Date: 8/25/2009 11:55:32 AM
Author: Amethyste
36.gif

Glad you asked! We are taking it up to SingleStone on Sept 10 and I''m about 90% sure about this setting...tried it on several months back. My only reservation is that I don''t want the halo to cover up too much (or any!) of the stone. I''m hoping to discuss options with them.
What a beautiful design! I have a Single Stone eternity band and the quality is amazing.... I am sure they''ll be happy to modify for your needs :)
Kudos! I cant wait to see the ring all done!!!
18.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
I saw this new one on their website that I want to check out when we are up there. Obvioulsy this has a much larger stone, but I''m curious about it...has less of a halo/border...but still something of interest around the diamond.

LJ2191.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 12:06:51 PM

Hi CharmyPoo! Yeah...I saw that in another thread that you are going for a GOG signature, too!! So cool!!!

That is a beautiful setting you have. I can''t wait to see the finished product.

My video is the one after your video. I admired your diamond :)

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! The stone looks great! I love those chunky cushions. The setting looks really nice. How has singlestone been to work with? I read your Leon No Soup for you (hehe!) post and glad you found someone.

I believe I am about to go through the same process as you in the next few months. I too want a chunky cushion in a low profile custom setting.

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Congrats-that stone sure is a beauty!!!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 12:38:39 PM

Date: 8/25/2009 12:06:51 PM

That is a beautiful setting you have. I can''t wait to see the finished product.

My video is the one after your video. I admired your diamond :)
I was wondering who that was going to!! I admired yours as well!!! Just what you wanted - colorless, square!! So cool!! Congrats!!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 12:42:14 PM
Author: nkarma
Congrats!!! The stone looks great! I love those chunky cushions. The setting looks really nice. How has singlestone been to work with? I read your Leon No Soup for you (hehe!) post and glad you found someone.

I believe I am about to go through the same process as you in the next few months. I too want a chunky cushion in a low profile custom setting.
Aaaah...that thread. LOL!

Singlestone has been great. They were one of the very first places I ever went to look at rings...so they must be sick of me by now! Pick a setting already!!
1.gif
I will say that they are not as responsive via email as some vendors, so you have to be a little patient and email them again if they don''t get back to you. But, if you get a chance to go to their LA showroom, you will have a great time! It is really well decorated unlike most of the other stores in the area, and both Patti and Ari are very nice! You can try on rings ''til your heart''s desire! Really quality work and no "hard sell" at all.

BTW - I ended up not going as low profile as initially anticipated. What I learned is that when it comes to settings, it is good to try on lots to see what you like.

Good luck to you in your process...you''ve come to a great place - PS!!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! I am having some serious cushion envy! I love the Single Stone setting too
9.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You lucky girl, congrats! That is one beautiful OMC!! It''s so gorgeous I almost wouldn''t halo it.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOO HOO....WHAT A BEAUTY!!!! I can''t wait to see the finished ring on your finger!!!!

Lori

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
haha... so YOU are Rock of Love!
34.gif
I have a hard time matching up the emails with the PS names but wow ... we have been on some journey eh? I think I remember my first video for you.
37.gif
I am equally exicted for you to see this and love your ideas for the setting too. Can''t wait to see pix of the final ring.

Warm regards,

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!!! It''s amazing!!!!!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Oh hooray! Congrats - it is stunning! i''m so jealous!
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful - we need to start a GOG cushion club here soon.
11.gif
9.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
23.gif
30.gif
RoL, i''m want to live vicariously through you! a GOG Signature Cushion AND a setting from Singlestone...what an unbelievable combo!!! that''s seriously what i want for my dream ring. it''s going to look fantastic and i can''t wait to see the finished product. congrats and i''m so happy for you!
36.gif

not to get too far ahead, but do you think you''ll get your wedding band(s) from Singlestone as well? i love their bands (Amethyste!) and i''ve always wanted a few as stackers. i think it would compliment your e-ring VERY nicely!
31.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Oh my dear lord, it''s stunning! Can''t wait to see it "IRL"!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
omg, I LOVE IT!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 2:24:15 PM
Author: Rhino
haha... so YOU are Rock of Love!
34.gif
I have a hard time matching up the emails with the PS names but wow ... we have been on some journey eh? I think I remember my first video for you.
37.gif
I am equally exicted for you to see this and love your ideas for the setting too. Can''t wait to see pix of the final ring.

Warm regards,
Hey Rhino! You had to know we had the "Rock" thing in common!!! Gotta love rocks...school of rock...rock music...diamond rocks...drinks on the rocks!! Hee hee!!

Some journey for sure! I''m so glad I was able to come and meet you in person, too!

I am so elated and can''t wait to see it!! Thursday can''t get here soon enough!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 4:10:16 PM
Author: Chrono
Just beautiful - we need to start a GOG cushion club here soon.
11.gif
9.gif
Um, yeah, for sure! I''m in!!! Proud member of ''the club''!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 4:23:16 PM
Author: vip0802
23.gif
30.gif
RoL, i''m want to live vicariously through you! a GOG Signature Cushion AND a setting from Singlestone...what an unbelievable combo!!! that''s seriously what i want for my dream ring. it''s going to look fantastic and i can''t wait to see the finished product. congrats and i''m so happy for you!
36.gif

not to get too far ahead, but do you think you''ll get your wedding band(s) from Singlestone as well? i love their bands (Amethyste!) and i''ve always wanted a few as stackers. i think it would compliment your e-ring VERY nicely!
31.gif
Yes! Bands, too, for sure!! I LOVE their stackables!! I''m actually thinking my ERing might be a standalone. I tried it on with some bands, and liked it by itself more. Sooooo...my thoughts are to start my stackables on my right hand! We''ll use the band(s) for the ceremony, but they''ll end up on my right hand.

Well, vip, keep dreamin''...cuz sometimes dreams become reality!! Yay!!!
9.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on a beautiful stone!! Can''t wait to see it on your finger in THE setting!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results