shape
carat
color
clarity

My Tiffany experience....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
So after reading a few threads about how PSer''s brought their own diamond ring into Tiffany''s to compare, I wanted to know how much of a difference.

About a month ago, hubby and I looked at their Lucida cuts. Well, today I wore my 1.06 cushion to compare with. The Lucida was a 1.74 E/VVS with baguettes. Although the size was nice, my E/VS2 was on fire. Also, their stone looked a little dark/deep. And the price? Forget about it! Even the smaller one at .74 was too much. Now, I''m just saying this about their diamond rings. Some of the other stuff is alright. (I really love the T&CO designs)

At BBB, they had a 2mm Ritani channel set eternity band that was nice. The lady said ''wow, that is a really nice ring. So shiny.'' I smiled and said thank you. I really keep it clean. She said she can tell. Now this is my first compliment on my ring, as I don''t wear it except for special occasions. Hubby was beaming! I think I walked into all the jewelery stores to check out my stone in their lighting!
30.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 6:51:55 PM
Author:Gothgrrl
So after reading a few threads about how PSer''s brought their own diamond ring into Tiffany''s to compare, I wanted to know how much of a difference.

About a month ago, hubby and I looked at their Lucida cuts. Well, today I wore my 1.06 cushion to compare with. The Lucida was a 1.74 E/VVS with baguettes. Although the size was nice, my E/VS2 was on fire. Also, their stone looked a little dark/deep. And the price? Forget about it! Even the smaller one at .74 was too much. Now, I''m just saying this about their diamond rings. Some of the other stuff is alright. (I really love the T&CO designs)

At BBB, they had a 2mm Ritani channel set eternity band that was nice. The lady said ''wow, that is a really nice ring. So shiny.'' I smiled and said thank you. I really keep it clean. She said she can tell. Now this is my first compliment on my ring, as I don''t wear it except for special occasions. Hubby was beaming! I think I walked into all the jewelery stores to check out my stone in their lighting!
30.gif
oooh I can''t wait to see my stone in *all* lights!!! yay!! The diamond I looked at at t&co was literally 4x more than I paid for my stone and pretty equal except mine was a little bigger LOL I saw a cushion at BBB that was a carat smaller and 2x the price... it was an H SI and already set vs my unset stone.... but still.... I have to say those modern cushions really can be beautiful stones, but I love the lacy quality that mine has with the old cut. I post all these big pics of it but the eye reality of its sparkle is really cool :)

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, you must take it into all different lighting. LOL. I can''t wait to see your yummy stone set. I''m just sorry it''s taking you so long after a few false starts. But just think, how beautiful it will be when finished.
35.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I have a T&Co ring (still cannot believe that!) and have to agree the lighting at T&Co stinks!!!! I was there the other day (I like to take my ring in like every 4-5 days for cleaning, even though I have a SI ultrasonic and a steamer) and didn''t like my own T&Co ring as much in there...

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
I agree about the lighting at T&Co - it isn''t the greatest.

My ring is Tiffany too, the classic solitaire, and frankly I haven''t seen anything I like more in person or on anyone else''s hand. I love Tiffany - they have great service too. My ring is currently being appraised, so I''m dying to get it back!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Now although I said my cushion looked better than their lucida, and I can''t believe I''m going to say this, I do however like their classic round solitaire. Just love the setting. I always thought I wasn''t a round girl, (love cushions, oec, emerald cuts) but there is something that is so timeless with the round. Not to mention how much sparkles rounds give. Plus I just love 6 prong setting.

And please...I am not saying anything bad about Tiffanys, in fact I like Tiffanys. They are always my last stop while shopping. It''s nice to go in and look at jewelry
30.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
UCLABelle, I still think you found a winner with the emerald cut. Are you still in love with it? I agree, the lighting isn''t too good at T&CO. However, I picked up some Olive Garden one night and WOW...talk about blinding. The light made my ring shine and shimmer. As I sat waiting for my order, I was trying to count how many different colors that were coming off of my ring.
10.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Gothgrl- I STILL LOVE my ring MORE than ever!
30.gif
I wouldn''t change it, ever. I personally think T&Co makes some of the most classic, well-made jewelry ever...but their lighting, not so good. I often wonder why?

I will try OG!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results