shape
carat
color
clarity

My three-stone ring is done!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My three-stone sapphire and chrysoberyl ring by DanielM is finished. I have the pictures from the listing and can't wait until I get it.

I did ask them to see if they could make the prongs a little less bulbous on the outside of the center stone but idk if they can, my stones are pretty small and the setting is argentium silver so maybe they need to be that big to hold the stone securely (and I'd rather have secure prongs than dainty prongs at the end of the day). When I size the image down to life-size they aren't so noticeable. Other than that, it looks exactly how I imagined. I didn't really imagine the prongs though so I didn't communicate anything about them beforehand. But this is my first custom piece, so live and learn, I guess.

I am very pleased with the swoopiness of it. I wasn't sure how that would turn out because the middle stone is an oval, and I was afraid that would make it look weird, but in these pictures it doesn't.

Here is the post about the stones: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/stones-from-dana-for-a-three-stone-ring.173445/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/stones-from-dana-for-a-three-stone-ring.173445/[/URL]

il_fullxfull.332759232%20copy.jpg

il_fullxfull.332759244%20copy.jpg

il_fullxfull.332759260%20copy.jpg

il_fullxfull.332624585%20copy.jpg

il_fullxfull.332759290%20copy.jpg

I keep wanting to reach through the screen, grab it, and put it on my finger. Much to my dismay, the internet doesn't work that way.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh wow, it's beautiful! I love the color combination and the swoopiness of the setting. I don't think the prongs look too bulbous :) please post lots more pics when you get it!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Look great! Cool colors and design. Looking forward to pics!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I'm craaazy about the color combination! Love the fluid design too. Hope you receive it soon so we can see pics!!

--- Laurie

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
That is just so, so pretty. Those colors are so ... refreshing! Like a spring day. Lovely, lovely combination. I love the swoopy lines in the setting, too. Nice treasure - wear it in good health! :appl:

RedSpinel

Shiny_Rock
That looks good. I didnt know whether a blue and green 3 stone setup would look good together but it does. I'm sometimes worry about mixing colors.

**Question: What is "Swoopiness?"

I was looking for a light cornflower blue sapphire that same color like 9 years ago, and I bought one, but they sent me a different stone that was a grey-ish blue color, that I didnt like too much so I sent it back. I've got another one that about 1.6cts, and it too looked similar to that stone in the seller's picture, but when I got it, it looked grey-ish blue again! This was a different dealer too....

I seem to have been stricken with a curse that prevents me from getting sapphires of the right color blue! I dont have any problem finding purple, orange, yellow or darker blue ones, but I cant seem to ever get a nice pretty light blue one of the right tint.

Where did you find the Chrysoberyls?

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
**edited by moderator. please comply with our policies regarding posting personal information on the forum**

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Whoops sorry distracted, I got distracted :). I love how well the Chrysoberyl goes with the Cornflower Blue..I would have never put those two together...not greenish yellow and that shade blue...once again I am wrong LOL!

Looks awesome!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting turned out great! The prongs aren't that bad and if you are anal about things, perhaps they can be filed down just a touch. Won't be a visible difference but YOU know it's there and it's done. Sometimes only the owner is aware of these little details and bugs them and no-one else. The curvature or swoppiness is perfect. The stones seem high set though relative to the depth of the stones. Is that by design?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! :love: :love: :love:

That is beautiful!!! I love a "swoopy" trellis as well - and yours is perfect! And your colour combo - TDF!!! Such a gorgeous combination - perfect!

The prongs don't stand out as bulbous to my eye, but its what you prefer that counts. Once you receive it, can you wear it for a bit then decide to send it back to be filed or trimmed slightly smaller??? (but they look in perfect proportion to the stones... fwiw)

Lai761

Rough_Rock
That color combination is fantastic and perfect for spring! I'm new to PS and colored stones but now I'm learning that you can be creative with stone colors!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Looks great! I love the six prong look!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The combination is beautiful, and the stones look so bright! The ring appears dainty and elegant. A beautiful thing, congratulations!

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Excellent work! That is a ring to be proud of for sure. That sapphire has great life to it!

~Justin

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think "swoopiness" means that you get swooned by it. :)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the ring and all of its proportions. It's perfect.

The claws actually enhance the design and I think any other type would look odd so I'd live with them for a while before you decide to do anything because I honestly think they're perfect.

I'm a great fan of swoopy rings and the flow of this one is gorgeous.

Wear it in good health - AND wear it loads!!!! It deserves to be seen.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
I keep wanting to reach through the screen, grab it, and put it on my finger. Much to my dismay, the internet doesn't work that way.

Funny...I tried that too. :bigsmile: It just looks sooo yummy. Congratulations on selecting gorgeous stones that make a truly beautiful ring. I'm betting you will get tons of comments with the unusual colour combo.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It arrived! I don't have time to take pics today because we are going to see the Avengers, but it looks perfect. Even Fiance said, "I don't like the colors of those stones but they are very pretty in that ring" (high praise from him for a jewelry item that isn't my e-ring).

And for those who questioned, the swoopiness is the curve of the trellis bits. They swoop. And are swoopy. And have excellent swoopiness. For example, Yssie's ring is ALL about swoopiness. My ring is not quite that perfectly swoopy, but it's swoopy enough to satisfy my desire for swoopiness. Have I used that word enough times now? :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results