shape
carat
color
clarity

My teeny tiny old cuts are here!

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
My teeny tiny old cuts are here and I am in love!

DSCF2091.JPG

DSCF2105.JPG

DSCF2111.JPG

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
So sparkly! What will you do with them?

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! After all the views without comments I was beginning to wonder if I had bought a dud.

The big one is a .56 cushion. He has a chip along the girdle and a faint scratch that's only visible if I tilt it just right. Besides that I can't spot any inclusions under 10x. He's quite white in most light but in comparison with my G e-ring I'd guestimate him to be a K, so I've named him Kreamie. Yes, I'm nuts. :)

He's not very symmetrical and he faces up quite small, so I'm thinking of a bezel. Not quite sure yet, so will wait until I get to know him a bit better first.

He will definitely be going in a ring and this will be a present to myself for an important milestone coming up in October.

I'm not quite sure what to do with the others. They were thrown in with Kreamie as a sweetener, but I'm sure I'll find a use for them!

Unicorn64

Rough_Rock
They look lovely. Have you considered a 3-stone ring (if they're well-matched) and perhaps a pendant?

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Unicorn!

Before I saw them, I had thought of a three stone or maybe a pendant and earrings. Now that I've seen them up close I can see that the facet patterns don't match and the difference in sizes is too obvious.

At this point I'm thinking of a two stone pendant or perhaps a lariat for the two rounds. Then I'll hang on to the smaller OMC as a pet rock. He's just so incredibly cute, even if I don't set him, I don't want to let him go!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, so pretty trekkie! Can't wait to see the finished pieces!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
How beautiful! I can't wait to see your finished projects!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you made any setting decisions??

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Oh dear! In all the real world drama, I forgot all about this thread!

I am such a bad PSer, I've actually set one of the old cuts (the biggest one). It's in my old engagement ring setting, but only temporarily. Which brings me to another point... Um... I've reset my engagement diamond.

As soon as the sun comes out I will post pics and request setting help for a permanent home for my pretties.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results