shape
carat
color
clarity

My Tacori HT 2510 e-ring from Good Old Gold!

Lightfoot

Rough_Rock
Hi all - I'm so excited to finally be able to post pictures of this! This is the Tacori HT 2510 1/2X in platinum that I just received from Good Old Gold. It took Tacori around 4-5 weeks to make. I apologize that there are no handshots yet - I'm not planning to propose until the first week in June (I could put it on my pinky and take pics if people really want).

Before I continue, let me give 3 big sets of THANK YOUS! First to GOG (especially Sarah!) who were just unbelievable throughout the whole process. I'm fortunate enough to live just about 20 minutes away from them and Sarah was always so patient with me. We must have spent around an hour (on 3 separate occasions) looking over diamonds - and the whole time she was so patient and happy to help and educate. I could write another 5 paragraphs but let me just summarize and say that from start to finish, from the moment I first walked in to receiving the ring and everything that came with it - EVERYTHING was just top calibre. Can't say enough good things about them - I really learned so much about diamonds from the whole process with them, and they really did exemplify their flawless reputation.

Secondly to the other PS vendors I spoke with before deciding to go with GOG - Bob @ Whiteflash, Jamie and Lesley @ BGD - thank you for being so helpful, courteous and professional during my considerations. I sincerely don't believe there was a bad choice to be made by choosing any of these vendors.

Lastly and most certainly NOT least (and I really mean this) - thank you to Pricescope - the welcoming community and awesome members who are always happy to help out, educate, evaluate, and so many other things. I feel that PS is a real gem (pun intended :)) among internet communities, and I hope that, for as much as I was helped by PS, that I can reciprocate in the future for other members.

Anyway - enough mushiness! On to the specs + pics :)

So here is the info on the diamond (1.54 F VS2): http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/7810

As I mentioned, the setting is the Tacori HT 2510 1/2X in platinum, ring size of 4.5. (I never thought I would go with a Tacori setting but when I saw this in person I knew it was the one).

And here are some pics of the completed ring. (Happy to answer any questions or provide some other pictures/angles if anyone wants)

tacori_1_0.jpg

tacori_2.jpg

tacori_3.jpg

tacori_4.jpg

tacori_5.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - what a stunning ring! You did an excellent job - can't wait to see handshots (yes, your pinkie would do for now!)

Someone is going to be very happy with that ring - gorgeous!! :love: :love:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your future wife is sooo lucky! That ring is amazing!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is an amazing ring! It is going to look giant on your girls teeny tiny finger! Congratulations in advance. That ring will make
her the envy of all her friends!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, that ring is so stunning!!! I've always loved that setting!!! You done good!!! Best of luck with your proposal, and please post handshots when you can!!! :love: :love: :appl: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I will have to say that you did an incredible job with that ring! :appl: :appl: :appl: It is gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love:

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
that ring is soooo beautiful. you did a great job! be sure to post more pic. when she gets the ring~ :love:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
G :love: RGE :love: US!!!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely, elaborate profile :love:

It is stunning!! Looking forward to handshots :appl:

rubyprincess

Shiny_Rock
Spectacular. She is a lucky lady!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
beautiful! your gorgeous diamond looks perfect in that setting :appl: :appl:

Lightfoot

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much everyone for all the lovely compliments! You all made my day! :) I'm going to get some handshots of the ring on my little finger later tonight and add them to the original post.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I'm lovin' it!

cheers--Sharon

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are very welcome - it is a beautiful ring! We'll be waiting for the 'finger' shots!

Lightfoot

Rough_Rock
Ok - hand shots are hard.

It won't let me edit the original post so here are the hand (more like "finger" shots). They were tough to take so they're not the greatest (sorry). For reference - the ring is a 4.5 and my pinky finger actually is a 4.5 as well (a little smaller in the cold and a bit bigger in the warmer weather). I was having trouble getting it over my knuckle so it's right before my pinky knuckle.

To be honest with you, this ring is actually for me and my pinky finger ;-)

tacori_hand_1.jpg

tacori_hand_2.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous ring :love: ! This is my favorite Tacori setting. Your future wife is one lucky gal!

tannet

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!!!! What more can I say?

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
PERFECTION.....I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS RING!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Lori

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I love that setting, well done!!!!!!

Maddie3

Rough_Rock
I walked into a Tacori store last summer and fell in LOVE with that setting. It is my dream ring, and your fiance will be over the moon! :appl:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You chose a fabulous stone and an absolutely gorgeous mounting. I think she's going to be over the moon when she sees it!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Gorgeous!!! Such a pretty ring/setting!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting those. I have never seen that particular Tacori setting. I love the graduated sidestones leading up to the center stone and the effect that it creates!

Truly gorgeous - prepare yourself for lots of smiles and tears - there will be large amounts of both!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She will absolutely love it! It is stunning and gorgeous. :appl:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh my, that is stunning!!! :love:

Lightfoot

Rough_Rock
Thank you all again for the wonderful compliments!

MissGotRocks|1304865387|2915402 said:
Thanks for posting those. I have never seen that particular Tacori setting. I love the graduated sidestones leading up to the center stone and the effect that it creates!

Truly gorgeous - prepare yourself for lots of smiles and tears - there will be large amounts of both!!

That was exactly what I loved about it when I saw it! =) Thank you. (I can't wait for her to see it)

Azor

Rough_Rock
Your ring looks freakin awesome! I'm thinking about getting this one too but in 18k. I really like how your stone looks like it's sitting low and flush with setting. The other photos that I've seen of this ring looks like it's floating in the setting, which I don't like. Did you ask them to set your stone lower or is your diamond just so big that it's filling up the space? Thanks!

Lightfoot

Rough_Rock
Azor|1323346367|3076968 said:
Your ring looks freakin awesome! I'm thinking about getting this one too but in 18k. I really like how your stone looks like it's sitting low and flush with setting. The other photos that I've seen of this ring looks like it's floating in the setting, which I don't like. Did you ask them to set your stone lower or is your diamond just so big that it's filling up the space? Thanks!

Hi Azor, if I'm remembering correctly, I believe I told Good Old Gold to let Tacori know that, regarding the setting of the diamond and its height, to look like the model they had in the store (which I'm guessing was supplied by Tacori). I know that's not very helpful but I believe that's all I said. It might also have to do with the size of the stone relative to the ring, as you mentioned. GOG said that Tacori builds the ring around the stone so that everything's proportionate but it might be that the floating look occurs because the stone is smaller relative to the ring/finger size - I don't know. I'm sure some people also prefer that look and could request it.

GOG communicated any preferences I had to Tacori - they seemed to have a great working relationship with them.

Azor

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the tip! I finally got the ring sent in. Mine is 18k gold and the diamond is a smaller at 1.2ct. I was worried about the gap showing, but it looks pretty good. I took some pictures and posted on my blog: http://justari.com/2005/01/tacori-engagement-rings/

Thanks so much Lightfoot for posting your initial photos. It really was the biggest factor in helping me choose the ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results