shape
carat
color
clarity

My Tacori Ering with knife-edge pave bands - my "set"

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
Hi, it's me again. :appl:

If you go through my past threads, you will see that I was unhappy with my wedding set and I couldn't figure out why. A little back story - I got engaged in 2006 with a hand-engraved Tacori Ering. I got a custom Tacori wedding band to match. The set was beautiful, but as time went on, I didn't like how narrow the bands were (2 mm each) and I felt like the set was lacking a wow factor for me - more sparkle. My husband and I decided that I needed to change my set. I ended up getting a diamond pave knife-edge wedding set and added a 3rd matching band as an anniversary gift. Well, once again, as time when on I realized that I wasn't completely happy with that set either. I have since come to realize that I was missing my original Ering (I wear my original wedding band on my right hand) - it's beautiful and I never should have replaced it. When I first changed sets, I didn't have the vision to keep my Ering and just add diamond bands. Well, I've realized that I should do just that and that's what I did. Tacori reset my diamond back into my original ring and my diamond bands are now on either side. I LOVE it and am so thrilled to have finally figured out why I had been struggling so much.

From the pics you will see that the Ering and bands are very different styles. I personally love that. I know that isn't everyone's style though. I love that the set isn't so matchy matchy but more unique. Each ring stands out on it's own.

Let me know what you think - I'd love to hear your thoughts. :)

photo_21_3.jpg

img_1435.jpg

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
Another pic!

img_1439.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

im so glad you figured it out. it does look beautiful

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I've always loved that Tacori engraved solitaire. I think it's elegant with vintage flair.

and now with the diamond bands - vavavavoom! looks awesome. I once tried on the Michael B plain solitaire with flanking diamond bands vs the set where all three were pave. The set with the plain solitaire in the middle really stood out, whereas the set that were all pave seemed to blend together. I guess it's an individual opinion but I prefer the non-matchy look.

Lovely! are the pave bands Tacori too? and could we get a pic of the engraved matching band? Yum!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are beautiful! :love: Happy for you to have found the combination you love!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh...
My...

I love it!!! More pics please!! I really like this look. Very stylish and sophisticated :love: :love: :love:
Very happy for you :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings look amazing together. Great set! I am glad you are so thrilled with them and I can see why. :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad you have figured it out and are happy with your set!! Your ering is gorgeous, I can see why you missed it...and it looks great with the bands, I love how they look together! :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are beautiful bands!! They really work well on either side of your ering - nice set you have now!! Enjoy!

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
HI! Thank you all SO much for your kind thoughts! I really appreciate it, truly truly.

angeline - no, my bands are not from Tacori. They are from Shane Co.

I will post more pictures shortly!

Thanks again!! :wavey: :)

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
The side profile

edit0001.jpg

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
The pic that the authorized Tacori retailer sent me when it arrived! I have to say that Tacori did a phenomenal job resetting and refinishing my ring. Had my engagement date engraving not been there, I would have thought I'd received a brand new ring. Very impressed!!

_8347.jpg

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
Angeline (and anyone else who is interested!), here is a pic of my original set.

_8348.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a beautiful set!!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
meganmomma|1374984432|3491726 said:
Angeline (and anyone else who is interested!), here is a pic of my original set.

Ooooh I like that :love: You could mix and match with the pave bands with it. Thanks for the pic =)

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!! And yes, I definitely have the option to mix and match, which is really nice!

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! What a gorgeous set! The profile shot with fire nearly maimed my retina. :lickout:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh I have been following your journey since you first posted and I have to say I think you best the best decision with your set. It looks so much more classic and blingy this way! What a great re-transformation back to your orginal band! :appl: :appl: :love: :love:

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
Elysian said:
Wow! What a gorgeous set! The profile shot with fire nearly maimed my retina. :lickout:

Haha! I love it. :) Thank you!! :lol:

SB621 said:
Oh I have been following your journey since you first posted and I have to say I think you best the best decision with your set. It looks so much more classic and blingy this way! What a great re-transformation back to your orginal band! :appl: :appl: :love: :love:

SB621 - thank you so much for saying all of that! I appreciate it so much :) :). It really feels good to have pros like you say things like that because even though I am extremely happy with my set, it helps and is relieving to know that others like it, too. Especially considering where I was at when I first joined PS. Thanks again!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your new look. It's fabulous and blingy and all works together. Like you, I am going to try wearing my original band on my right hand, just to change it up a bit, and also to let my left ring finger breathe a little more. ;-)

Congratulations on finding a look you love!! :appl: :appl:

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
LLJsmom said:
I love your new look. It's fabulous and blingy and all works together. Like you, I am going to try wearing my original band on my right hand, just to change it up a bit, and also to let my left ring finger breathe a little more. ;-)

Congratulations on finding a look you love!! :appl: :appl:

LLJsmom - thank you so much! Wow, I greatly appreciate all that you said. It's risky to change things up, especially when the Ering and bands are so different looking, so hearing the positive feedback has been very relieving!

And, I must add that your set is so beautiful! That Ering is FABULOUS!!!!! My center is no where near as large as yours!! I can see why you might want to give your left ring finger some breathing room from time to time!! ;-)

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
I realized that I never posted a totally top down view of my ring. This pic was taken in the car after I picked the ring up at the store! One of the issues with my previous set, was that the center diamond was overwhelmed by all the diamonds and finger coverage. I hope that those who thought that now think that my diamond stands out more. I feel that it does, and I know that's all that matters, but it's still nice to hear it from others. :)

_8406.jpg

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
Good morning! :wavey:

Just wondering if anyone has thoughts on the top down view of this setting compared to my old one? So many people thought my diamond was overwhelmed in my last setting. I'm hoping those thoughts have changed now, but all opinions appreciated! :) Thanks!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your set from every angle!!! It's really pretty. After the transformation it's a more classic, but still blingy look!! Your e-ring now gets the attention it deserves. Very pretty!!

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
Acinom said:
I love your set from every angle!!! It's really pretty. After the transformation it's a more classic, but still blingy look!! Your e-ring now gets the attention it deserves. Very pretty!!

Acinom - THANK YOU! That's very kind of you to say. I appreciate your opinion very much! :)

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
Here is the infamous flower pic

{Please ignore the cupboards in the background...}

And I know these pics aren't nearly as great as others...but you get the idea! ;-)

photo_22_1.jpg

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
Flower pic #2

img_6272edit2.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
meganmomma|1375363020|3494441 said:

Just wondering if anyone has thoughts on the top down view of this setting compared to my old one? So many people thought my diamond was overwhelmed in my last setting. I'm hoping those thoughts have changed now, but all opinions appreciated! :) Thanks!!

Hi meganmomma, I must confess that before I saw your bands, I had always wondered why people bought those bands that had diamonds on the two sides, but nothing from the top down. Now I understand!! It's so it blings at people who look at it from the side. I actually really like the top down view. You really get to see your center stone. Yet you still have the blingy-ness of the bands. It's a very beautiful set. :appl: :appl:

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
LLJsmom said:
meganmomma|1375363020|3494441 said:

Hi meganmomma, I must confess that before I saw your bands, I had always wondered why people bought those bands that had diamonds on the two sides, but nothing from the top down. Now I understand!! It's so it blings at people who look at it from the side. I actually really like the top down view. You really get to see your center stone. Yet you still have the blingy-ness of the bands. It's a very beautiful set. :appl: :appl:

Thanks, LLJsmom! What made me get those bands was realizing that I tend to look at my set more from the side view, like when I'm typing on the computer, driving, or just resting my hand on my lap. I really like seeing the side diamonds so easily that way, verses from just the top. They do sparkle when viewed from the top, but you're right - they REALLY sparkle from the side!

Thanks again! :wavey:

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
Here are a couple more pics!

And I'm guessing my flower pics weren't that good? My diamond looks dark in the center, and normally I don't ever think that or notice that. Is it from the way the pictures were taken with the camera?

photo_1_8_.jpg

photo_2_8_.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results