shape
carat
color
clarity

My Tacori Engagement Ring!

NTave

Shiny_Rock
Background: This is a ring bought second hand off craigslist...for a really good price. I was very lucky to be scanning the adds at the right time! This is a Tacori #HT2326. Its my dream ring.The center stone is a AGS 000 1.19ct J SI1 RB Hearts & Arrows (brand Heart Star) 6.89-6.90 X 4.19, no fluor. 34.9 crown angle, 54 table, 43.2 pavillion, 60.8 total depth, thin to medium girdle. The side stones are both GIA .30 ct VS2, fine make each that come with the setting from Tacori. The setting is platinum, channel set melee on 3 sides with scalloping and milgrain going around the entire band. It has a total of 28 melee diamonds with .50 ct, for a total of 2.29 ctw.
The story behind it is that my fiance asked me to marry him without a ring back in July while in Stowe for a long weekend. We had biked and went sightseeing during the day and bought some wine from a local vineyard that we had biked by, had a great dinner, and came back to the inn for the kids to swim in the pool and for us to watch the sunset over the mountains. We sat watching the sunset with the wine we picked out that day and he asked me to be his wife...it was perfect. I then got to pick out my engagement ring. I didnt want to spend him to spend a huge amount, it seems like diamonds have gone up so much, and had chosen a cushion over a RB because it was a less expensive cut, I hadnt even looked at RB because I thought they were out of our budget...he had wanted a three stone. I wanted a large center stone, but coming from Sweden, he thought my reasonable 1.5 cushion choice was ridiculous. I was in love with my sisters 1.4 ct center blingy Tacori ring, but the Tacori settings I liked were out of our budget if I wanted a diamond to go in it. I had picked out 2 center stones through Whiteflash and a setting but we had to look into the stones more. We had also looked at the local jeweler together and didnt find anything we loved and wasnt a fan of the cushions they had in stock(which were all EGL anyway), and if we wanted a GIA stone they would have to call them in and they were really pricey compared to online.
I was trolling through craigslist and found this ring in the next state over but posted in the Boston ads..I thought it was too good to be true, but I dont think people around here realized what a deal the setting alone was which now retails for 11k online and in the jeweler where we took the stone its close to 13k new retail. I haggled the man down nearly two k on the ring prior to meeting, and we met with the man at a jeweler I chose that was between us geographically, which turned out to be where this man had originally consigned the ring, but it had not sold there, had the gemologist verify that this stone matched the AGS report it came with and he showed me the inclusion with the loupe, and not visible at all from the naked eye. I was able to buy the ring with the strong of paperwork attached, and it had been refurbished at Tacori recently and was in perfect condition. Because it was originally bought through that chain of stores and they were able to identify it as such, that store was able to send it off to Tacori to be resized for free and I just got it back yesterday. Im very thankful for the the help of the gemologist and staff at the jewelry store and plan on giving them some more business soon..they did not have to do any of that or be so helpful, so I want to pay back to them in business. The stone did come with an independent appraisal so I was able to insure the ring prior to sending it to be resized. All in all, I was very lucky to have found this ring and able to have customer service from a store as if I had bought the ring from there. I feel good that we didnt spend 20k on this ring retail in the jewelry store, and our big gamble paid out for us.
I have another J colored stone and this one is icy white compared to it, because it is such a great cut. Anyway, Im thrilled, its perfect for me!
Im having a bit of trouble loading pics, so I hope this shows up! RTB%20700.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its beautiful! Sounds like you got a fantastic deal, well done!! Are there more photos? There should be!! :bigsmile:

NTave

Shiny_Rock
RTB%20698.jpg

NTave

Shiny_Rock
RTB%20716.jpg

Im really having trouble uploading pics for some reason, but for reference, I have an 8 3/4 (big) fingers.

NTave

Shiny_Rock
RTB%20697.jpg

NTave

Shiny_Rock
RTB%20706.jpg

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
what a beautiful ring and great find! :appl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great find!! It is stunning!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely!! :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful! It looks perfect on your hand.

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful Ring! What a great deal!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous! Many congrats on your engagement!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful, congratulations! I love wonderful bling at a great price! It makes it even better! So glad you were able to find such a
great deal!

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement. What a gorgeous ring. It is so nice that you were able to find exactly what you wanted for such a great deal.

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock
I'm so happy that you got such a bargain and such a stunning ring! Thanks for sharing! :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement - and on finding your dream ring! :appl: :bigsmile:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :love:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just beautiful!! And even better that you were able to get a great deal on exactly what you wanted!! :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful and how wonderful you got a great deal on it.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful - looks amazing on your finger.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that is just so beautiful!! It looks perfect on your hand, congrats!!

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing your secondary market story! Awesome!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful, congrats on such a great find.

March16

Rough_Rock
congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results