shape
carat
color
clarity

My Stunning "Final" ER Upgrade...Done!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all!

Happy holidays! Just a quick post to introduce y'all to "Gracie" (not original naming of the ring, but wanted to pay tribute to its namesake). Also, I have been told in the past that I look like a person that should have been named "Grace". Anyway, this project took years in the making on my part, but is finally done and on my finger. :kiss2: Thank you pricescope and every lovely person on here! I only have a few pics to share right now, but more to come later.

Deets:
2.045 ct N VS2 OEC graded by AGS
7.87 x 8.16 x 5.17 mm
Modified EW Grace Cathedral setting in 18K yellow gold, US size 4.5 (knife edge shank with lower shoulders and K/L single cuts in the gallery)

The OEC is slightly off round, but I did not bezel it because that is not my preference for an ER. The OEC that I fell for was purchased as a ring from Erica at Love Affair Diamonds and the setting is designed and made by Erika Winters. Both ladies were wonderful to work with and I highly recommend them. I had been previously introduced to EW's line when she first launched it and knew that she was the person I wanted to work with for this project. The execution of the details on the setting is perfection!:love:

So here is "Gracie " and how I have been wearing her since her arrival.

DSC_1024.JPG DSC_1026.JPG DSC_1028.JPG DSC_1038.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. Congratulations.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I will never get bored with these subtle colours of diamonds... Such a beautiful stone!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! It’s beautiful!! Congratulations

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful :love: it looks stunning with your stack!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So romantic & old world dreamy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gracie is so lovely...her swoopy "grace"ful setting and her chunkalicious personality...just beautiful.:love: Wear her in health and blingy happiness.:appl:

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! Worth the wait, I’m sure!!!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous stone and setting! :love: I adore the E-W prongs as well! Congratulations and enjoy!!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How beautiful! I love old cuts in warmer colors. Enjoy!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, congratulations!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous! Congrats on your new ring!

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, the diamond itself looks golden! I've never seen anything like this, and I love it. Congrats!

AntiqueSparkle

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! She is a beauty and so full of personality!! :kiss2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gracie is beautiful. Congratulations on finding her such a lovely home. EW settings are divine. She looks glowing and warm. Perfect for winter. And I love her skinny friends. ;)2

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, @_lovesvintage_ :)) It's a beautiful diamond, and anything at all that comes out of EW's workshop is going to be stunning! Wonderful ring!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's lovely, congratulations on a fabulous upgrade! :appl:

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have also an N colored diamond. They are really like chameleons. Enjoy your ring! Congratulations!

Reactions: AV_

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo beautiful :love:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the color of the stone and how you've stacked it - so classy and romantic!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
:geek2:Stunning! Well done - wow that’s gorgeous. Could we see more pictures of Grace, from all angles and in different lighting? Pretty please?

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
Just gorgeous! A classic OEC dream! The stone somehow manages to mix a checkerboard-y center with floral looking border facets and a stunning star. So cool! Love the ivory glow and the classic yg setting. Eric(k)a x 2 = Perfection!

Enjoy!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! :love: Gorgeous ring!!! Beautiful diamond, and amazing setting - EW settings are just fabulous. You must be so thrilled everytime you look down at your hand! :appl:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you marcy, AV_, foxinsox, GeorgieQ, Alex T, missy, eapj, carbonfan, doberman, Catmom, kgizo, DorotheaBrooke, mwang05, LLJsmom, mrs-b, ac117, dkata, Austina, jamesallenrings, msop04, InsecureSweetGirl, elliefire99, Calliecake, and junebug17 for all of your kinds words! :wavey: It is a pleasure to be able to share this ring with likeminded people. Yes, I am very thrilled and still in awe of this ring. This coming March will be my 10 year wedding anniversary, so having her to wear around the holidays and a few months early is a very nice treat. As promised, here are more pics. Enjoy! :D

DSC_1069.JPG DSC_1073.JPG DSC_1076.JPG DSC_1088.JPG DSC_1089.JPG DSC_1095.JPG DSC_1100.JPG DSC_1093.JPG DSC_1098.JPG DSC_1078.JPG

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you marcy, AV_, foxinsox, GeorgieQ, Alex T, missy, eapj, carbonfan, doberman, Catmom, kgizo, DorotheaBrooke, mwang05, LLJsmom, mrs-b, ac117, dkata, Austina, jamesallenrings, msop04, InsecureSweetGirl, elliefire99, Calliecake, and junebug17 for all of your kinds words! :wavey: It is a pleasure to be able to share this ring with likeminded people. Yes, I am very thrilled and still in awe of this ring. This coming March will be my 10 year wedding anniversary, so having her to wear around the holidays and a few months early is a very nice treat. As promised, here are more pics. Enjoy! :D

DSC_1100.JPG DSC_1093.JPG DSC_1098.JPG DSC_1078.JPG

This band is so cool, is it vintage/antique?

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you caf! :D

MakingtheGrade, the band is new and made to look vintage/antique. I purchased the OECs from Grace at Jewels by Grace. I worked with her on the setting as well. The band does have its own thread.

Reactions: caf
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results