shape
carat
color
clarity

My stone - thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamatuer

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,
After two months of researching and spending hours and hours reading posts on this message board I finally purchased a stone. btw, thanks for the always insightful information and advice that is posted on this chatroom. I feel like this knowlegde sharing allowed me make the necessary sacrifices to get a big, beautiful, icy and sparkling stone - on a tight budget.

Here is the information on the stone:

Round, 1.39 c, VS1, H, medium blue - my appraiser initially thought it an E or an F until he tested it for flouresence - and then decided it must be a G!:appl: As far as the VS1 - total bonus - I would have been happy with an eye-clean SI2. But I don''t feel like I paid too much more for it.

GIA polish & symmetry - EX, EX
depth - 61.0%
table - 55.1%
cr - 34.2, 15.4%
pav - 40.5, 42.5%
girdle - 1.3% (0.8-1.7%)
culet - pointed

Plus, I got all this other information:
http://www.niceice.com/certcopies/139hvs1_gia12160441/index.htm

Cost: $7,300.

All I can is, if you are still looking for a stone, please consider www.niceice.com. They have extremely exacting standards with a very low markup - far cheaper than a comparable stone on bluenile.com.

139hvs1_gia12160441gs1a.jpg

diamatuer

Rough_Rock
Actually, I have a question regarding the cut advisor:

The cut advisor uses the AVERAGES of the pavilion, crown and table dimensions - so if the averages fall within a good range, it spits out good results.

1) How much do variances (or the min to max for each number) affect these results?

2) Is this something we should be paying attention to?

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
Wow, lots of info! Congrats, and thanks for letting me know about this site - will be checking it out!

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
That is one impressive looking stone. Makes me want one that big.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results