shape
carat
color
clarity

My star flower snowflake ring

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am kind of a newbie here, and new to rings in general. Something changed in my life and I decided I would be comfortable wearing a ring along with my simple wedding bands. Since I'm "behind", I have been on what I'm calling my "rainbow project". This ring is for the green in the project, and also because I didn't have a proper ruby.

I am really drawn to pinks and purples, not so much the total stoplight red color. When I saw this little Winza ruby offered by Desertrose on Pricescope, I thought it was the perfect red for me. It's nice and saturated, but a little more on the sweet side of red.

She had photographed the ruby with the demantoid garnets, which are very sparkling. I initially got two of the garnets, thinking I would do a three-stone ring. But the sizes, 4 mm and 3 mm, weren't substantial enough and it "needed" something color wise. So I picked up a few more.

IMG_0229.JPG

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_0138.JPG
IMG_0228.JPG
I was thinking about adding pear shaped diamonds next to the ruby, but I couldn't be sure how much space there was. It's kind of hard to know how much room bezels or prongs take up. I sent the stones to David Klass with a sketch.

Demantoids are the softest kind of garnet, so I was hoping the design would offer them some protection, like a bezel or milgrain. I also told David Klass that I loved this inspiration ring, which belongs to Elle, especially the design underneath and the floral engraving on the sides.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colors are fabulous both individually and especially together! All of the drawing ideas are lovely classic pieces. I think the pear diamonds might be very interesting, possibly more unique. It would elongate/break the circle shape a bit.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_0234.JPG IMG_0235.PNG
Thank you, Bluegemz! I love the botanical feeling. The demantoids really are a nice leafy green.

I told Mr. Klass that I wanted kind of a petal look with the garnets but that it was missing something. He looked at the proportions and told me that the six garnets alone would make a halo around the ruby. And then it was still on the small side for the whole flower. (Top photo)

He said he had some French cut diamonds that could be put in between the green "petals". This was perfect! (Lower photo)

Another thing he did that I didn't fully appreciate until later, was there is a little point on the end of each "petal", kind of like a gothic window. It ties the round petals and the pointy diamond petals together.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Then I had a little confusion about how the ring was going to fit. I thought it might be a little low to fit next to my bands, because they are rolling. My local jewelry store fitted me as a 5.5, and I didn't realize that a 5.25 existed. I wrote Mr. Klass and told him I thought it might need to be lifted up a little, and he said he would...

Then one day out of the blue I got a plastic ring in the mail. (This was during Mr. Klass's email blackout period. The guy is a genius, so LOL).

Pause while I find the pictures.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The ruby and those demantoids are so gorgeous and saturated! Your ring is going to be so pretty.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
P1020646.JPG
P1020645.JPG

Hopefully you can tell that there's nice finger coverage and plenty of room, maybe almost too much clearance with the wedding bands. (We wear them on our right hands.) I had to write Mr. Klass back and tell him he was right in the first place! And the only other change I made was to ask that the underneath of the ring be brought down a little to make it more three dimensional. As you can see here, it's kind of flat, but there is room because of the way the rings roll. I'll try to include another photo that shows the underneath side better.

I don't think DK always sends the plastic version, but it was really helpful in this case to check the fit. I have a hard time visualizing from the CADS. I had asked him how the diamonds would be set in, and he said they would be bezel set. He asked me if I wanted the diamond bezels to be white gold. Some of you would have preferred that probably, but I love rose gold and I thought the ring would have more unity if it all were the same color gold.

Attachments

• P1020643.JPG
    P1020643.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 29

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Chatoyancy! This is basically a spin-off of my favorite doodle. I love to make little flowers when I'm on the phone. I have been so inspired by some of the amazing color combinations I've seen here. I'm really happy with how it came out~

P1020748.JPG
P1020749.JPG
I don't know if you can tell, but the actual ring has a lowered petal design that you can see on the underneath side. This petal is similar to Elle's original ring.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here are some vendor pics. All the details are so lovely! One of the main reasons I chose David Klass for this project was because of the beautiful floral engraving his workshop does. But even more so, I had several ideas of what I might like, and he showed fantastic judgment about what would work to bring it to fruition.
IMG_0302.JPG IMG_0303.JPG IMG_0304.JPG IMG_0305.JPG IMG_0306.JPG

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so pretty! I also love to doodle flowers. You have a gorgeous ring. :love:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is lovely! I especially like how you set the diamond accents - they really add life to the rest of the design. Wear your new treasure in good health!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my!!! It's GORGEOUS! It's like a celebration in one ring. It's also very mandala like, restful and meditative with a mood of pure joy.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, whitewave, VRBeauty, and Bluegemz! I feel it's a happy design and I love the idea of it being like a mandala too. I love how it goes with the azalea colors on a bright blue sky day. I would never have thought of the French cut diamonds on my own, but they really make it unique. In a different season the star snowflake shape will pop more.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so happy you made a thread for this beauty! :dance:
Your ring is so pretty and the unique design really gives me the feels.:kiss2: I love the color play with the green and red/pink. Love it! :love:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Superb collaboration between you and DKJ, MissyBeaucoup!
Thanks for sharing your story- I always like to see/read how they unfold and develop.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is stunning!!! Thanks for sharing your story and beautiful pics. The colour combo, the elegant frenchies, the flowing engraving, the shape of the flower, the dimensions... All details are top notch!! Please post a lot more pics.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think I'd ever have thought of the combination, but it works so well! Lovely :love:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so in love with the design (of course, the colors are right up my alley too). Thankks for sharing your adventure!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! I love the colors and the design. Well done!:appl:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exactly! I forgot about the name!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh my goodness that is a gorgeous creation. So very beautiful! I adore the pink and green together!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so in love with this ring! I saw it on FB or IG (can't remember), and knew it was a PSers. So elegant, it's perfect!

simurgh

Rough_Rock
You two did a fantastic job!! Your ring is beautiful.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! I hope to see some hand shots soon.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for all the sweet compliments! I'm thrilled that you like my new ring! I couldn't have done it without the help of all my PSer friends. :wavey:I learned so much from you! Thank you for the encouragement to make a separate thread about how it all came together.

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
Wow, just wow. :love: This is lovely.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results