shape
carat
color
clarity

my sparkly is in the building!

marchesa6989

Shiny_Rock
thanks to PS i learnt how to be an educated and selective customer, but that didn't make for the easiest ring journey as certain vendors can't handle the amount of questions and details we discerning peeps require! that being said i did my research, used the PS diamond search and individual searches on each vendor sites religiously, updated those at least twice a day to look for new stones and played the patience game until the perfect stone came along.

and boy oh boy did it! after a harrowing journey of emails to and fro between various vendors, i finally found a round AGS000 1.23 H SI2 (eye clean with twinning wisps) through Union Diamond, and Tony Rixom there was a refreshing change from the other people i had spoken to previously. i suddenly felt like i wasn't walking on the journey alone and after 2 months of searching to finally talk to someone who understood what i was going for and gave me a stone about 0.2-0.3cts bigger than others could for the same price point was amazing. i think the persistence in searching really paid off as even Tony was surprised at my find and said that if this one sold, he couldn't provide anything remotely similar.

although this was a great price, i'd also recently fallen in love with halo settings thanks to my fellow PSers and struggled with finding a way to find a nice one and stay as close to budget as possible. luckily good karma came back to me, and after writing that review on B2C jewels horrible service, the manager Ricky actually contacted me and offered a sincerely apology and a credit of $500 to put towards any setting i wanted! :-o :bigsmile: i did more research and found out a few points:
1. B2C jewels get their settings from Unique Settings of NY, but sell them at a better price point than most other vendors
2. Whiteflash Amphora is actually from Unique Settings of NY (I asked them and they said they order it from them but upgrade the stones)

so how could i say no to a halo for a grand total of $590!!! Ricky was great to work with after that and he really made a strong effort to attend to my requests and ensure that i was happy.

so without any further commentary, may i present my sparkly!! (as i have fondly nicknamed it). its icy white and has amazing light return, fire and brilliance.

now i'm not actually wearing it right now since SO has some plan going to ask me in the next week or two, but since i'm the one who knows about diamonds he gave me the A-OK to make sure it was up to scratch and of course, i got tempted and took some photos hahaha

omg the lighting in here is HORRENDOUS and its so hard to take good photos :(

R06657.jpg

IMG_1941.JPG

IMG_1932.JPG

IMG_1933.JPG

marchesa6989

Shiny_Rock
a few more photos. i'll try take some better ones in the sunlight tmrw!

IMG_1960.JPG

IMG_1953.jpg

IMG_3827.jpg

IMG_3829.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful!!! :love: :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh wow, it turned out great! enjoy your new ring :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is GORGEOUS Marchesa! Great story and I'm glad that karma worked in your favour! Awesome deal on an awesome ring. :appl: :love: :appl:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful! :love:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning ring!!!

kjai

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous diamond and ring. The halo is so delicate..love it!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Your diamond look ginormous in that halo! What is your finger size? Your ring is absolutely beautiful :love: :love: :love:

marchesa6989

Shiny_Rock
thanks everybody ::) :bigsmile: ::)

the ring is a size 4 (but in this cold weather its a smidge loose). i have very petite hands so SO and i were saying along the way how fortuitous it is that we could get more finger coverage for our buck :wink2:

it's a lot bigger than what we originally were planning on getting, but he realised how important it is to me and we came upon this great deal, so it was clearly meant to be!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous ring! can we see a profile shot?

mrsmcp

Rough_Rock
Wow, what a stunning ring - you must be so pleased!

Would you mind telling me the size of the diamonds in the halo? Those proportions are exactly what I'm looking for...

Thank you and congratulations :)

marchesa6989

Shiny_Rock
the setting is this exact one: http://www.uniquesettings.com/products/show/19974?from_style=1
with a mix of 0.01ct and 0.0075ct (so 1 and 0.75 pointers)/ if you want you can always ask your jeweler to source it in your size ;))

here's a shot of the profile:

i went NUTS with a photoshoot outdoors. i must've looked like a crazy lady in my pyjamas and puffy coat (don't blame me...it's my day off and it's cold ok? :sun: ). oooo the fire shots were off the chang!

IMG_1946.JPG

IMG_2014.JPG

IMG_2018.JPG

IMG_2023.JPG

marchesa6989

Shiny_Rock
last ones:

and one where u can see the arrows (finally...so hard to get them in focus!)

i'm still so amazed by how perfect it is...it's exactly what i always wanted :love: ::) :bigsmile:

IMG_2032.JPG

IMG_2037.JPG

IMG_2010.JPG

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous and super sparkly!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, how gorgeous!! Did B2C Jewels set the diamond for you? That Amphora/USNY setting has always been a favorite of mine. :love: Enjoy!

marchesa6989

Shiny_Rock
Laila619|1323380610|3077323 said:
Wow, how gorgeous!! Did B2C Jewels set the diamond for you? That Amphora/USNY setting has always been a favorite of mine. :love: Enjoy!

nah they didn't. i got them to send it straight to Union Diamond, and Tony got it set within the day and shipped out that evening.

when i got my ring i called Tony and gave him a lame diamond related complement. i told him "you're a real gem" :twirl: hahaha

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
Wow, it's stunning! :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's just beautiful and looks so huge on your slim finger!

Congrats - your legwork paid off!

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
you are so lucky on the setting, congrats~ It looks very great~!

marchesa6989

Shiny_Rock
thanks again for the continual nice comments! to be honest, getting the PS stamp of approval makes me beam :praise: after all that effort knowing i did well is that extra icing on the cake ::)

fabulousfindk

Shiny_Rock
WOWOWOWOW!!!!! One of my top five favorite halo settings of all time. I LOVE the profile view! Stunning. Wear it in good health! :love:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I love a delicate halo! And that FIRE!!!! WOW!!! :appl: :love:

marchesa6989

Shiny_Rock
fabulousfindk|1323489001|3078321 said:
WOWOWOWOW!!!!! One of my top five favorite halo settings of all time. I LOVE the profile view! Stunning. Wear it in good health! :love:

wow what a great compliment...thanks :bigsmile:

Lil Misfit said:
Beautiful! I love a delicate halo! And that FIRE!!!! WOW!!! :appl: :love:

hehe i'm gonna need to wear some of these :sun: :cheeky:

kels0054

Rough_Rock
Marchesa your ring is gorgeous!
I know you were commenting on my thread and I saw your ring in your pic so jumped over to see if you had any more detailed pics and you did! : )
SO PRETTY! I really feel that your halo is exactly what I want my halo to look like!! I feel mine looks very similar to yours in that I have the same scoops in my halo, but mine are shallower and not as deep as yours!
I'm thinking I'm definitely going to show my jeweler your rings setting pictures as well as my other file folder full haha : )

Now have you had any trouble with stones falling out or anything?
Thanks!

marchesa6989

Shiny_Rock
kels0054|1324357319|3085156 said:
Marchesa your ring is gorgeous!
I know you were commenting on my thread and I saw your ring in your pic so jumped over to see if you had any more detailed pics and you did! : )
SO PRETTY! I really feel that your halo is exactly what I want my halo to look like!! I feel mine looks very similar to yours in that I have the same scoops in my halo, but mine are shallower and not as deep as yours!
I'm thinking I'm definitely going to show my jeweler your rings setting pictures as well as my other file folder full haha : )

Now have you had any trouble with stones falling out or anything?
Thanks!

glad to be of help kels! definitely show pictures of mine to your jeweler since they are both cast made and it's easier for him to compare apples to apples :))

i haven't had mine for very long, so no trouble with stones falling out. i don't think it should be thaaaat much of a problem unless you're really doing some wild things with your hands lol. but either way even in the small chance that it happens, its not that hard to get it repaired and any decent jeweler (not just the one you bought it from) should be able to do it, and it wouldn't be expensive either.

keep me updated with your progress girl!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results