shape
carat
color
clarity

My Something Blue

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karend26

Shiny_Rock
My fiance just gave me this to wear for our wedding!!! It''s exactly what I wanted for my something blue!!

I wouldn''t mind a critique on it. I know what he paid for it and I''m pretty sure it was a good price. But I''m curious as to what you all think of the quality. It''s a cushion cut aquamarine, by the way.

Aqua222333789789.jpg

karend26

Shiny_Rock
Another view

sideview4545898989.jpg

karend26

Shiny_Rock
and another

pretty6868686868.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I presume the aquamarine has been heat treated? Any idea of the mm size and carat weight?

I would not worry about the value at this point. It is the thought that counts. Wear it with pride on your wedding day.
2.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its really lovely Karen...such a sweet F!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a thoughtful and sweet gift.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful, I love the facets on the cushion, your second picture looks like a shimmering pool

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. I love cushion cut aquas.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
So pretty!!! And incredibly sweet of FI!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the stone and the setting. He sounds very thoughtful.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Karen it is beautiful, your fiance is really thoughtful.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, and I love the way the aqua is cut. That is really a wonderful gift to receive.

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a nice gift from your fiance. Did you mention that you wanted an aqua ring? I think that the ring is really pretty and would not worry about the cost right now.

karend26

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 3:00:43 AM
Author: CravingDiamonds
What a nice gift from your fiance. Did you mention that you wanted an aqua ring? I think that the ring is really pretty and would not worry about the cost right now.
Yes, I wanted a light blue stone to wear for my something blue on our wedding day. I''m not worried about the cost only that I always like to get a good deal, which I think he did (I was there when he purchased it), and I didn''t want him to have to spend too much. We shopped around quite a bit and found that this ring was priced lower than similar rings but still had a lot of gold in the setting, no inclusions in the Aqua and full cut (though tiny) diamonds.

I was just curious as to what people thought of the quality, even though I know it''s hard to tell from a couple of pics. The diamonds are crazy small but they are full cut and no carbon is visible through a loupe. Most rings at this price point were quite flimsy while this one is nice and thick, goldwise. It''s exactly the style I had in my mind, so I adore it. I just like to hear critique as it increases my learning about gems.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results