shape
carat
color
clarity

My Solasfera from GoG

GMUAlum08

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1339985407|3218449 said:
You are very lucky to find an eyeclean I1 in a Solasfera! I didn't see your question earlier, but my diamond from GOG is actually a regular ideal cut stone and it is 1.58 cts. but it was for an anniversary...my original diamond was 1 ct. I love Solasferas but they just didn't have one the size I wanted at the time.

To answer another question you asked, if you go with white gold for the ring, I would have the head be platinum. My original ring had a white gold head and the prong tips wore away to the point I had to have them retipped. Platinum doesn't do that and will last longer.

its not 100% eye clean as you can see the inclusion at the right angle, lighting, and distance. the people at GoG told me it looked more like an SI2 under the microscope and that no one would see the inclusion unless they went out of their way to find it. because of the good color and how much fire and brilliance it has, i'm going to keep it despite the inclusion.

i'll definitely look into the platinum heads. can anyone tell me if all solasferas are ideal cut? that's what the people at GoG told me and I just want to confirm this out of curiosity.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, when you see the light return on those things, it is incredible. In the videos I have seen, there is nothing that outdoes a Solasfera. Look at a few stones on GOG's site and you'll see that the GemEx report grades them as high as is possible on light performance.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to chime in with another vote for a simple setting - given the size of your stone, the fact that it's extra blingy already being a solsafera, and your girl friend's tiny fingers... I think less will be more impressive.

If custom is a possibility... how about a Mark Morell setting? http://www.mwmjewelry.com/BT_Wedding-set_/index.html

GMUAlum08

Shiny_Rock
VRBeauty|1340000742|3218558 said:
I just wanted to chime in with another vote for a simple setting - given the size of your stone, the fact that it's extra blingy already being a solsafera, and your girl friend's tiny fingers... I think less will be more impressive.

If custom is a possibility... how about a Mark Morell setting? http://www.mwmjewelry.com/BT_Wedding-set_/index.html

exactly what I'm looking for! how much do they run?

GMUAlum08

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1339992734|3218521 said:
Yes, when you see the light return on those things, it is incredible. In the videos I have seen, there is nothing that outdoes a Solasfera. Look at a few stones on GOG's site and you'll see that the GemEx report grades them as high as is possible on light performance.

Well the reason I ask is b/c they symmetry on my GIA report is listed as "very good". I have only seen one other GIA report that lists symmetry as very good on a solasfera.

However, the stone still scores the "Triple Flush" on the GemEx report so I don't know what the deal is

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
GMUAlum08|1339986519|3218460 said:
diamondseeker2006|1339985407|3218449 said:
You are very lucky to find an eyeclean I1 in a Solasfera! I didn't see your question earlier, but my diamond from GOG is actually a regular ideal cut stone and it is 1.58 cts. but it was for an anniversary...my original diamond was 1 ct. I love Solasferas but they just didn't have one the size I wanted at the time.

To answer another question you asked, if you go with white gold for the ring, I would have the head be platinum. My original ring had a white gold head and the prong tips wore away to the point I had to have them retipped. Platinum doesn't do that and will last longer.

its not 100% eye clean as you can see the inclusion at the right angle, lighting, and distance. the people at GoG told me it looked more like an SI2 under the microscope and that no one would see the inclusion unless they went out of their way to find it. because of the good color and how much fire and brilliance it has, i'm going to keep it despite the inclusion.

i'll definitely look into the platinum heads. can anyone tell me if all solasferas are ideal cut? that's what the people at GoG told me and I just want to confirm this out of curiosity.

Beautiful diamond. For sure have them set the stone with a platinum head. I've had my ring since 1994 and the platinum prongs are still in perfect condition! (the ring is YG)

GMUAlum08

Shiny_Rock
thanks for the opinions everyone.

i'll post more pics once i get it set

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results