carat
color
clarity

My SO asked me to just 'vote for him'

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Polished|1478651651|4095497 said:
I had a bad experience here of a friend telling me that her husband (who is obssessed with politics) stood over his wife's booth in order to oversee that she was voting "correctly".

You mean like both Trumps? (Donald and Eric were both photographed obviously looking at how their wives were voting in the polling booth. Isn't that illegal???)

Kenny, for what it's worth, I think you handled this beautifully. Plus, given your SO's circumstances, it's more understandable why he would ask for your help.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
maccers|1478638820|4095366 said:
As an aside, the topic headline initially made me think that your SO was asking you to vote for Trump, ie: "just vote for him/Trump".

Oh no.
The him in the Subject line is my SO, not Trump.

Sorry, bulletproof writing is challenging.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karl_K|1478640574|4095389 said:
kenny|1478637311|4095349 said:
If I do what he wants, is it voter fraud?
yes, if he is capable of marking it then it is fraud for you to do so for him in most states.

Physically, he can lift a pen, but psychologically with the pain from a fractured vertebrae, and the morphine and other drugs not working he'd insist he is not capable of it.
He asked me to do this for him.

I'm not not making up his injury.
I just don't believe in gods, prayer, or pixie dust so why bother posting to request it?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1478640585|4095390 said:
Kenny,

Your SO expressed a desire to vote for Clinton for President. If you check that box and he signs the form (with the opportunity to of course review the box that you checked indicating his preference) then I do not view that as voting for him. I view that as facilitating the completion of a form that he signs. It's like going into the bank and the teller fills out the deposit slip and you sign it. The teller isn't initiating the deposit of money into your account, he/she is representing your intent on a piece of paper that you must sign to make valid.

As for the other positions, as your SO has no indicated a preference for any of those candidates, I would leave those blank as he has not expressed a position or intent.

ETA: I must have mis-read this, but I thought your SO HAD expressed a preference for Clinton for President. If I'm wrong about that and your SO has expressed no preference then I take back what I wrote above.

Yes, he voted for Clinton.
His family is of Mexican descent ... need I say more?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1478643587|4095425 said:
Kenny, I'm surprised you actually put up with that.

People vary.
Even spouses vary.

The person I love doesn't need to be a carbon copy of me.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jordyonbass|1478649473|4095490 said:
Slightly off-topic of general conversation; but did anyone else read Kenny's thread title as though Kenny's SO wants Kenny's vote to actually be FOR him until they clicked the thread and began reading?

Kenny, what are his political views on passing laws so Aussie refrigerator's can get free plane tickets to the US for a PS GTG?? :lol: :lol:

Oh Jordy! :oops:
I'll bet you say that to ALL the guys! :bigsmile:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would you make the effort to send off his vote if it was not the choice you wanted?

Absolutely.

When I go to bed I fall asleep almost immediately.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a bad experience here of a friend telling me that her husband (who is obssessed with politics) stood over his wife's booth in order to oversee that she was voting "correctly".

Whoa!
Spouses vary, but I'd not put up with that.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014|1478654628|4095514 said:

You mean like both Trumps? (Donald and Eric were both photographed obviously looking at how their wives were voting in the polling booth. Isn't that illegal???)

Kenny, for what it's worth, I think you handled this beautifully. Plus, given your SO's circumstances, it's more understandable why he would ask for your help.

Sorry forgot to mention, I'm from Australia. I'm actually annoyed that the staff on duty at the polling booth, at the time, didn't notice what was going on.

Well played Kenny and long may you continue to sleep well at night.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You did the right thing Kenny. I hope your SO is out of the hospital and feeling better soon. I'm sure the past few weeks have been rough for you.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
kenny|1478655567|4095525 said:
Slightly off-topic of general conversation; but did anyone else read Kenny's thread title as though Kenny's SO wants Kenny's vote to actually be FOR him until they clicked the thread and began reading?

Kenny, what are his political views on passing laws so Aussie refrigerator's can get free plane tickets to the US for a PS GTG?? :lol: :lol:

Anyway I can to see that FCD collection!! :naughty:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jordyonbass|1478656669|4095534 said:

... all I'll say is I've been pretty, uhm, generous with a certain other hairy refrigerator. :sun:

You just keep that polishing wheel of yours away from my FCDs. :angryfire:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1478656606|4095533 said:
You did the right thing Kenny. I hope your SO is out of the hospital and feeling better soon. I'm sure the past few weeks have been rough for you.

Thanks.

Yes, rough, you're right!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
kenny|1478656897|4095537 said:
jordyonbass|1478656669|4095534 said:

... all I'll say is I've been pretty, uhm, generous with a certain other hairy refrigerator. :sun:

You just keep that polishing wheel of yours away from my FCDs. :angryfire:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure the machine being on the other side of the world is far enough, I'll even wash my hands to keep the opal dust away!! :Up_to_something:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
E B|1478637775|4095354 said:
Just ask him to fill in President. He has an opinion about that, and it'll take him all of 5 seconds. Then, mail it in.

Exactly what I would recommend. I'd even go so far as to open up the ballot (if that's how it works) and point to the place he should mark to make the vote he has indicated is his choice. Then make sure he signs and seals it. Mail it or drop it off for him.

I'm sure he would be far from the first or only voter to vote on just the one office.

siv1

Shiny_Rock
Kenny, you handled that situation perfectly.

I'm sorry to hear about your SO. I hope he heals quickly.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny,

I'm sorry to hear about your SO. I wish him a full recovery.

I know how consuming and draining it is to have loved ones in hospital. I hope you're managing to get a bit of sleep and eat as nutritionally as possible under the circumstances.

Sending you hugs! :))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the good wishes for my SO and for me.

Hardest thing he and I have ever experienced!
He's still on a morphine pill, every 4 hours.
The first hour he's doped up.
The next 2 he's pleasant.
The last hour the pain makes him demon-possessed and vicious.
He says horrible hateful things he, the next day, apologizes for.
I try to time my visits to his cycle.

BTW, he insisted he wanted to wear it there, but I took away his Octavia ring.
My mom's wedding ring was stolen at night while she was in a nursing home.
He's pissed.

Today I bought him a simple silver band because he said looking at his naked finger makes him depressed.
I also have a silver ban I wear when in questionable situations.
I'm going to show solidarity with him by also putting my Octavia ring in the bank vault until he's released and can wear his.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1478726456|4095991 said:
Thanks for all the good wishes for my SO and for me.

Hardest thing he and I have ever experienced!
He's still on a morphine pill, every 4 hours.
The first hour he's doped up.
The next 2 he's pleasant.
The last hour the pain makes him demon-possessed and vicious.
He says horrible hateful things he, the next day, apologizes for.
I try to time my visits to his cycle.

BTW, he insisted he wanted to wear it there, but I took away his Octavia ring.
My mom's wedding ring was stolen at night while she was in a nursing home.
He's pissed.

Today I bought him a simple silver band because he said looking at his naked finger makes him depressed.
I also have a silver ban I wear when in questionable situations.
I'm going to show solidarity with him by also putting my Octavia ring in the bank vault until he's released and can wear his.

Kenny, Please take good care of yourself as far as eating and sleeping go. It's stressful and emotionally draining when someone you love is in the hospital. I spent most of the first four months of the year in one with my brother. I'm sorry you are going thru this. Do you think he will need to stay in the hospital much longer? It always helps when you know it's a short term sitation and he will be home feeling better soon. I wish him a quick recovery. Hugs

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny
sorry to hear that your SO is in the hospital. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results