shape
carat
color
clarity

My small gemstone collection

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I've been slowly snapping up a few gems that appeal to me, and finally got a chance to take a few pics of them today. None are very expensive, but I love them all the same.

First up is a liquid flower amethyst. These are so hard to get good shots of! It's 11mm, and I set it in a temporary pendant from Jamminggems. Someday I'll have a nice home made for it.

001.JPG

002.JPG

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Next is another amethyst. My jeweler found this one. It's a 6mm step-cut. Nothing special, but a pretty color and it looks great for the mounting.

008.JPG

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
This little green tourmaline was an ebay purchase that actually looks like the vendor picture (much to my surprise). It can get a bit dark in some lighting, but the scissor cut is fun to watch. I set it myself in a silver pendant.

004.JPG

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
On to the rings. This is another tourmaline off ebay. The picture of it on the listing was horrible, but I love it in person. It's almost tri-color. One side is minty, the middle more olive, and a tiny bit of peach comes in on the far side. The cut is so-so, but it has a nice high crown with a tiny table, and an off center culet. It's 8mm, I don't remember the carat weight. The silver ring I picked up on JTV and it turned out perfect for a simple fun ring.

012.JPG

013.JPG

014.JPG

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
And lastly, my first real precision cut gem. It's a 2+ carat brown zircon. I picked this up on DB, but wasn't sure how to set such an odd shape. I bought a $10 ebay mounting and hoped for the best. My local jeweler set it and I love how it turned out.

010.JPG

028.JPG

029.JPG

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice! I especially like the amethyst pendant. :)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty pieces and I'm very impressed that you even set one yourself! :appl:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely collection!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I especially love that liquid flower pendant.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What I love about your collection is that you not only followed your heart and acquired stones you love for cheap, but with little trepidation you set them all! I can't tell you how many stones of mine I stare at frequently trying to figure out how to set them...

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice collection. I like the liquid flower. Did you say it was a temporary setting? Because the stone looks very nice in it.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies!

The liquid flower setting is actually bits and pieces I had to put together to find something that would fit a 11mm trillion. The basket started out as an earring (I bought a pair from LeibCorp on ebay). I snipped the post off, after laughing at how huge a 11mm trillion stud looked in my ear! The Bail is from JammingGems. A little work with jewelry pliers and it's all together. I'd love to get a bezel for it someday.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results