shape
carat
color
clarity

My sister''s shower!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Okay well I am back from my sister's shower and wanted to show you guys how it turned out! It was a Mad Hatter Tea Party theme.

Background:
Here are the invites, and favors:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yay-shower-invites-finished.109979/

So here is what the room looked like. Everyone loved the paper lanterns. There were supposed to be streamers to fill up all the empty space on the ceiling but we ran out of time.
7.gif

roommia123.jpg

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
The centerpieces. Really simple.

centermia.jpg

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
The CAKE!!!!!
30.gif
3.gif

mhcakemia.jpg

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
The baker did an amazing job! I couldn''t believe the detail! It tasted great too!
9.gif

mhcake2mia.jpg

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Cupcakes I made!

emcupmia1234.jpg

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Of course the cups had to say "drink me!"

dmcupsmia1.jpg

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Hats! Almost everyone wore one! I''m the unblurred one. I think one of the BM''s felt my hat was cheating because it was on a headband, but I thought it was funny!

hatsmiamia.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too cute!! I love the teapots.
9.gif
And I remember you posting on the cupcake thread about your cuppies, they looked fantastic! You did a great job!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

And that CAKE! Awesome!!
30.gif
The whole theme is a great idea. I bet your sister had a ball!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks great fun! That cake is fab.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mia! i love your little hat, the cake, the eat me/drink mes - what an adoreable party. Hope your sister had fun!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
It all looks fantastic! I hope you sister had fun. I love you little hat too!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore all the details! What a great party, mia! You did a superb job with the planning!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Aw Mia it turned out fabulously!

I am totally borrowing from this for my friend''s shower, if that''s OK with you! We are also planning a tea party shower and want people to wear fun hats.

That cake just looks amazing!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!! That cake came out amazingly!!!!!

Good job Mia! (And I LOVE your "hat"!!!)

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Cute color-scheme! I can''t believe you made those cupcakes! They are perfect. And the cups are great!
You''re such a good sister! I hope your sis appreciates you properly!!
2.gif

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! C-tek PLEASE use this idea! That''s why I am posting it! It''s such a fun theme and you can go in a lot of different directions with it. We did a hat contest too as a game.

Oh and I forgot to say the shower was fun, but the real highlight was the game we played with my sister. We did a Newlywed Game and we videotaped the groom answering questions and then we sat my sister net to the TV and she had to guess what he would say. We used really simple questions like "when was your first date?" and "what is her most annoying habit?" and it was hilarious because she got most of them wrong! It was so funny and a neat surprise, because she didn''t know about it. I just sat her next to the tv and announced that we had a special guest who was joining us via video.
31.gif
I videotaped her responses too, so I will make her a dvd to have of the game.

It was fun but I am so glad it''s over... Now I she wants me to make her wedding invites for her so I have to get on that...

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Love the cake! It''s amazing!!!

Great job!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
mia, this is so adorable! i love all the details, and you can tell you put tons and tons of thought into planning everything. i bet your sister was thrilled!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Mia, everything looks great, and I LOVE that everyone embraced the "Hat" theme!! You did a wonderful job, Congratulations!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That looks fantastic Mia - and your new haircut is just beyond adorable, I love how it looks on you
9.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Mia! I was really excited for how this party would turn out - I'm so glad it went so well!

Hehe I love the game idea, especially to put on a DVD for her - what a great idea!!
36.gif

Everything looks so awesome - the decor, the CAKE (so super!!!
18.gif
), and even the hats!

ETA: Your hair looks really cute too!
1.gif

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
You did such an amazing job putting this all together for you sister.

Your eye for detail is amazing! I absoloutley loved the cake, cupcakes and drink tags.. I also loved the invitations and gift bags... really, I just loved it all
30.gif

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
What a fabulous sister you are
1.gif

Looks like the event was prefect... Hope your sis had a wonderful time

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Ditto to everyone, you are definitely an amazing sister!!
1.gif
You worked very hard, it looked beautiful!
30.gif

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I must say I LOVE the theme and LOVE how it turned out! You did an amazing job and I thought your hat/headband was super fun and so cute!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone, for the compliments. I love throwing parties, although it would be so much more fun if it was someone else''s $!

I also decided next time I will plan the party but have someone else in charge of running the show. It was A LOT of work leading all the games, and unwrapping of gifts while hosting at the same time. Next time someone else can lead the party while I go around dealing with all the little things that come up. I didn''t have time to eat or really talk to anyone because I had to keep things moving. I don;t know how brides do it. I am going to try and handle things at my sister''s wedding so all she has to do is talk to guests.

Thanks for the hair compliments AG and Luvthem! I''m especially flattered because I didn''t really get to style my hair that day. It''s just blown out with a round brush. There was just so much to do that day, I really couldn''t focus too much on how I looked. In fact, after seeing a few pictures of myself with smudged eyeliner, I realized I hadn''t looked at myself in a mirror since about 8 that morning when I got ready! I think I should have had the hat on the other side of my head too, but I was so busy when the shower started I just threw the hat on my head without checking it in the mirror!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You did a terrific job! I just loved the invitations and the shower items just look great as well! That cake was too beautiful to cut!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Cute party.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont think your little hat is cheating! I THINK ITS SUPER CUTE AND CREATIVE!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
mia - I would never have known that your hair wasn''t styled in that picture - it looks completely adorable to me
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results