shape
carat
color
clarity

Yay! Shower Invites Finished!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
I am finally finished with my sister''s shower invites, enclosures, and favors!

I am mostly happy with how they turned out (the perfectionist in me will never be totally satisfied!
26.gif
)

Anyway, the theme is Mad Hatter Tea Party.

I took the pictures on a dark day so I had to brighten them which makes them a little too bright, but pretty true to color.

Here we go.....

Front & Inside:

miainvsshow8.JPG

Standing

miainvsshow11.JPG

miainvsshow2.JPG

Close Up of Tea Bag

miainvsshow4.JPG

Front & Back

miainvsshow3.JPG

Of course the envelops had to say "open me" on the back...

miainvsshow9.JPG

And here is the map/directions insert that is sealed with "follow me"

miainvsshow7.JPG

Those are the nicest shower invitations I have ever seen!!!
36.gif
Is the bride's name indicated on there somewhere? Just want to be sure they know who it is for!

(ETA: I now see there is an enclosure..it must be on there.)

I was happy with how the colors matched well (or close enough) the decorative paper on the invites was from Michael''s, the paper for the directions was from Paper-Source and matched the blue from the decorative paper. Then I had to test a lot of different colors on the printer to make the labels and teabag tag. The envelopes were from a random online store and luckily matched, because Paper-Source envelopes were much more expensive.

miainvsshow1.JPG

Date: 3/15/2009 3:29:23 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Those are the nicest shower invitations I have ever seen!!!
36.gif
Is the bride''s name indicated on there somewhere? Just want to be sure they know who it is for!

(ETA: I now see there is an enclosure..it must be on there.)
Thanks Diamond Seeker!
1.gif
Yes I blurred her name out for privacy or internet safety or whatever!

Envelopes and Directions inserts

miainvsshow10.JPG

One of the favors (still need to think of another one). They are just tea bags...

miainvsshow6.JPG

Favor holder. I used Paper-Source paper for these also.

miainvsshow5.JPG

Okay last Pic. The inside of the favor. Bride''s favorite flavor.

miainvsshow12.JPG

Oh, I posted too soon! The favors are adorable, too! You should start selling these sets on ebay!!!

I love them! You did such a wonderful job Mia. Can you post a link to this thread in the DIY thread if you haven''t already?

Love the favors! They are too cute!

You did a great job on everything.
36.gif

These are so cute, Mia! Wish you had thrown my shower! I love all the clever details. I''m sure your guests will be delighted to receive these.

Wow! Those are the nicest invites I''ve ever seen. You are so creative! :) I''m sure she will love ''em.

WOW! Those are beautiful. I cannot imagine how much work you put into those. Very nice! You can throw me a shower any day!

So so so cute!!! I love that the theme is completely followed through- even on the directions!

Oh my those are awesome. Great job!

Thanks everyone, I really enjoy doing things like this, so it was fun.

Diamondseeker- Ha ha! No way would I try to sell these, too much work! Although I do enjoy being crafty. Plus it would be more difficult if I knew I had a customer to please, because I''d want everything to be perfect!

Claritek- Thanks, I''ll definitely add it to the DIY thread!

Def, Maybe- Thanks, I actually copied the idea off of something similar I saw on Etsy. I thought tea bags although not a very glamerous favor, fit perfectly with the theme.

Kittybean- Thanks, I hope everyone likes them. Even my sister won''t see them until they come in the mail. I hope they get everyone excited for the party!

Dboatsupreme- Thanks for the compliment. I consider myself a somewhat creative person, but I think my real talent is "borrowing" ideas that I''ve seen other places. I did a lot of research and took ideas from here and there.

Modern Sparkler- Thanks. Yes it was a lot of work! The surprising part was that the most work or most time-consuming part was researching ideas, going to stores for materials, making decisions and dealing with things that go wrong. The actual assembly took me about 2-3 evenings. But I enjoy doing things like this so it was fun.

Ice-queen- Thanks. I hope I''m not overdoing it but I like all the extra little touches!

Emerald Lover- Thanks for the compliment!

I goes perfectly with the theme. I don''t think it has to be glamorous... then again I know nothing about tea.
2.gif
At least you made it the brides favorite kind. I probably wouldn''t have thought of that!

ohh i love the stickers! you need a drink me sticker on the tea haha.
good job!

Just scrumptious! Love the details.

Wow! Super cute!

Those turned out great! I love the theme and the favors are so clever!

Wow, I am SO impressed but how clever and cute those are! You did a fantastic job!!

Oh Mia I absolutely adore them! You are so talented! The shower looks like it''s going to be a blast!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP