shape
carat
color
clarity

My sil''s oec

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
nothing to say except
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

2.gif
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Stretch and rms.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
love OEC''s...any face down shots or sparkles? what about side views of the setting? very beautiful!

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
As we say in England (even though I am in America)......COR BLIMEY !!!

What a blinder! I always love your posts Kaleigh....and today is no exception!
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mightyred,
Well I don''t know what to say to that, thanks and cor blimey back at ya!!!!
3.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara,
Seven''s took a couple face down shots and they were posted. There is also a side view pic that was posted as well. As far as the sparkle, I don''t know what to say. Many people here have seen the sparkle of this diamond???
33.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
This ring is just spectacular.
Some of the shots show a tint of yellow; not true in reality.

OECs are amazing stones.

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
Coming back for another look. I really must see an OEC in person soon! And that setting is just so awesome. I can''t believe your SIL was lucky enough to have that heirloom!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks sevens,
You did an amazing job of taking these wonderful pics. If it wasn''t for you these pics would never get posted, haha.
3.gif

Bluedawg, these OEC stones have such fire and the colors that come off them are amazing, so thanks.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the unique prongs. I kept a very similar look in my own ring
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know I saw and love your ring. I didn't change her setting just reinforced the prongs and the shank. The reason why she lost her other OEC was because the prongs were loose. We just built them up a bit.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!
oooohhhhhhhhhh
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
very very beautiful!
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks MINE,
I just am amazed at your ring the color is just yummy. I hope you get a chance to sneak in some pics of your wedding bands.
2.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2005 9:19:27 PM
Author: kaleigh
Mara,
Seven''s took a couple face down shots and they were posted. There is also a side view pic that was posted as well. As far as the sparkle, I don''t know what to say. Many people here have seen the sparkle of this diamond???
33.gif
I saw it! I think many of us are used to the typcal H&A, "Ideal" stones that are "en vogue" right now but the OEC (and OMCs for that matter)have an intense sparkle and "life'' and a certain "I don''t know what" that makes them unique and a real pleasure to behold!
18.gif

I know once I discovered FayCullen.com a couple of years ago, I really began to understand the special nature of these antique cuts.
30.gif
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Jennifer.
Fay Cullen has awesome stones, and were very nice to work with. I highly recommend them. These stones do have a certain something and are a great find if you can get your hands on them.
2.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2005 11:38:32 PM
Author: kaleigh
Thanks Jennifer.
Fay Cullen has awesome stones, and were very nice to work with. I highly recommend them. These stones do have a certain something and are a great find if you can get your hands on them.
2.gif
I would like very much to add one to my collection some day. When I was in Vegas and at Fred Leighton''s, they had an adorable 1 ct OEC in a simple YG bezel...it was lovely and fit on my pinky! But the price was just ridiculous--$5,000 for a 1 ct M-N OEC, SI clarity...I almost got wept up in the moment but then i got back to reality--overpriced.
8.gif
Of course, when I went in there, my husband and his wallet fled the scene and were dust in the wind!
2.gif
1.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
love those OEC''s.. they really do have a lot of character! congrats to kaleigh and her SIL
1.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Kaleigh,

Both the stone and that setting are amazing! How wonderful that you were able to reinforce the prongs and make the ring an heirloom for generations to come. Any time someone keeps a vintage setting it makes my heart happy!

I am so taken with the old cuts, every one has its own unique beauty and romanticism...and her new stone is just breathtaking! You did an amazing job, I bet your SIL will just flip when she sees it!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
side shots meaning true side shots, not angled from the top like the first shot...aka what does the basket/head look like in true profile?? it looks kind of like a 6 prong tiffany head or similar but hard to tell. i like the beefier prongs.

sparkles meaning the big flashes of colored light that I have seen amazing OEC's give off....aka maybe in sunlight or brighter light??

i am sure that baby can be on fire with some color as many OEC's are with the deeper pavilions...we almost bought an OEC for my e-ring, i adore them, and know them quite well....harder to capture the full extent of their personality with photos, i guess.

sevens...more pictures please!!!
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara,
It's gone and on it's way to my SIL. It was pouring here yesterday, so there was no sunlight to help us out in taking the pics. I think there is lots of sparkle which you can see at least from one of the pics. It is an amazing stone. But no more pics unless my SIL emails me some.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
BOOOOO....well maybe she will take pity upon us diamond nuts and send some over when the sun comes out....
2.gif

you can definitely see the white 'sparkle'...i was thinking of colored flashes, like those shots that people take where the whole diamond looks like it's blue or something cool. aka the pictures i can never really seem to take.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My SIL just recieved her ring, and she loves it!!! She said it could be the twin to the stone she lost. Yay, I am so psyched!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results