shape
carat
color
clarity

My SI2 magnified and IS images

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gemini85

Rough_Rock
I''''m in the process of getting an engagement ring from JA.

Specs:
1.54 F/SI2
Table: 56%
Depth: 61.9%
Crown: 35.0
Pavilion: 40.8
Cut: Excellent

It''''s already at JA, and the inspection shows there are no surface breaking inclusions, eyeclean from top and sides, and no cloudiness issues. Here''''s the magnified image and IS, so tell me what you think. Is this a really good SI2? or can I do better for under 10K?

Gemini85

Rough_Rock
and the IS image...

IdealScopeSI2.jpg

Gemini85

Rough_Rock
hmm...just realized this is supposed to go in Rocky Talky. Anybody know how to move it?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is one super clean SI2!!! No, I really don''t think you can do better for 10k unless you want to drop in color. This one is fabulous, I''d take it!!!

metro

Brilliant_Rock
I too, just purchased an eye-clean SI2 from JA and I LOVE IT!

You got yourself a winner there, my friend! Lovely!

Here''s my SI2...

Metros_BeautifulGSI2.jpg

Gemini85

Rough_Rock
kcoursolle: Thanks
metro:: There''s just so many nice looking SI2''s at James Allen. (...goes to search your thread with more pictures..)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks awesome!

If you want to move it, just hit the "msg admin" button and ask them to move it!

DD

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
What does the grading report say for the inclusion?
Caution is needed with si2 with only clouds and it wont show up in pictures.

edit: never mind, I see you had it checked for cloud issues...

Gemini85

Rough_Rock
My magnified pic disappeared...oh well, here it is again

2MagnifiedSI2.jpg

SYC

Shiny_Rock
It looks beautiful!! Out of curiosity, where are the inclusions? Ie, what makes it an SI2?? Can''t see anything from the images.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2008 4:42:27 PM
Author: SYC
It looks beautiful!! Out of curiosity, where are the inclusions? Ie, what makes it an SI2?? Can''t see anything from the images.
I can see a greyish looking feather/cloud? around 11 o''clock near the girdle. It''s a great inclusion because it could easily be covered up by a prong and isn''t that noticeable.

Gemini What else is on the plot?? That''s all I could see.

Gemini85

Rough_Rock
There''s also a cloud on the arrow at 2 o''clock and a few tiny crystals near it. Those are all that I can see. The plot shows a number of feathers on the pavilion too. I will receive it in a couple weeks, and I''ll be sure to take lots of pictures.

SI2GIACert.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Looks like a beauty!
Can''t wait to see the finished ring!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
To "see" the clarity features of most diamonds by digital imaging over the Internet is not going to happen very easily. The images we see are going to be low resolution when idsplayed on most LCD monitors, and nearly always photographed taken without immersion in a liquid to cut down reflection and facet line visiblity.

I like the concept of being able to show how nice a diamond looks while showing how invisible most of the inclusions are, but real clarity judgements are made with microscopes and not enlargements of digital images. As far as symmetry and pattern go, the images do transmit some very good information.

SYC

Shiny_Rock
Any updates? How does the diamond/ring look?? Curious....
25.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2008 8:50:00 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)I suspect a possible cloud effect...
That was my thought and I'm just a layperson.
9.gif

Gemini85

Rough_Rock
SYC: Just saw your post today. I did buy it, but I haven''t seen it yet. I''m still waiting on a custom setting. You can check it out here:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-more-week-until-i-get-this.84394/

The diamond was brought in for an inspection, and I did ask about whether or not there were any cloudiness issues. Their response was no cloudiness and durability issues. Maybe someone was really sleepy while grading this and thought they saw more in there. LOL. At least, that''s what I''m hoping. I''ll find out in a week. I''ll keep you guys posted.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results