shape
carat
color
clarity

My shoes (you''ll laugh)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I love shoes to death, and am willing to withstand some discomfort in normal situations, but when I''m going to be on my feet for at least 10 hrs, I NEED to be comfortable. I wore uncomfortable shoes to a friend''s wedding that I was a bridesmaid in and not only did my feet hurt for days afterwards, but so did my back. I don''t want to have to deal with that on the honeymoon.

So, after lots and lots and lots of searching, I got frustrated and started trying on little girl easter shoes. I wear a size 8 in women''s, but some how this translates into a size 5 in girls''. They are so much more comfortable! I ended up buying these from kohl''s.

(yes, they''re velcro
2.gif
). I figure, if I find something else that I like better, I can always return these, but for $20, they''re good enough. If someone catches a glimpse of them (because that''s all that they''ll see w/ my giant ballgown) they''ll see white shoes with rhinestones.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I think they''re lovely!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no! That''s "flower girl" thing is rubbing off on YOUR wedding!
9.gif
J/K ... I think they look cute & comfie ... great find! Really helps to look outside the box I guess!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Achor!

Lol, Deco, I was thinking the same thing.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
your back and feet will love you for it. since I believe one should have a great time at her wedding, happy feet are a big plus in making that happen. I can''t tell you how carefree I felt wearing flip flops!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 4:06:39 PM
Author:robbie3982

So, after lots and lots and lots of searching, I got frustrated and started trying on little girl easter shoes. I wear a size 8 in women''s, but some how this translates into a size 5 in girls''.
Now how in the heck does that work?!
emotion-40.gif
I would love to know!

Like the sparklies.
9.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Travelingal, I was tempted to go with flip flops, but I tend to lose shoes off my feet if there aren''t straps, and my skirt is freakin big that I don''t know if I''d be able to get to my foot to put it back on lol.

Firegoddes, I have no idea how it works, but I figured it out a few years ago when I saw these cute nike sporty sandals. I didn''t really look at the size, but I tried them on and they fit. I was pretty surprised when I saw they were a kids'' 5.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 4:44:28 PM
Author: robbie3982
Travelingal, I was tempted to go with flip flops, but I tend to lose shoes off my feet if there aren''t straps, and my skirt is freakin big that I don''t know if I''d be able to get to my foot to put it back on lol.

Firegoddes, I have no idea how it works, but I figured it out a few years ago when I saw these cute nike sporty sandals. I didn''t really look at the size, but I tried them on and they fit. I was pretty surprised when I saw they were a kids'' 5.
you know it makes sense cause my daughter is a size 4 in girl''s shoes and I bought her some grown up shoes and she was so proud to wear a 7 and I''m like child, you''re 12 - this is as big as you want them to get LOL!!!

BTW they''re cute! I swear they''d be perfect with the flower girl dress too LOL

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
They look so comfortable. Are you going to wear them with your flower girl dress?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL Robbie, I would think that it would be very hard to wear flip flops with your dress, as it could be swallowed up in it and not easily found. You made a good choice.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they are kind of cute! Anyways, it really doesn''t matter much because you can barely ever see a bride''s shoes under her long puffy gown.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!

Oshinbreeze, I have to wear silver shoes with my flower girl dress and I already have silver shoes, so I''ll be wearing those unless I find something cheap and comfortable before I take the dress for alterations.

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
lol...oh robbie! only you could pull that off!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cute! Really, the rhinestones (sp?) make the shoes! They look sparkly and I''m sure they''ll look great.
19.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
are these for your wedding or your fower girl dress??

either way, as long as they are comfortable, that is what''s most important!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
hehe they''re for my wedding
3.gif

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
This thread is right down my alley. I spent MONTHS trying to find comfortable shoes.. I finally found some, but they are not the cutest shoes I have ever bought.. but I figured I need to stand in these shoes for hours and dance in these shoes, so I am going to wear something comfy.. and I think your shoes are great! You have to wear them, and you don''t want to have blisters and be miserable on your wedding day because your shoes are uncomfortable!

broadway

Rough_Rock
Those are perfect and you will be soooooo happy at the end of the night! I LOVE the rhinestones!

sluke

Shiny_Rock
Smart bride! They don''t look like "flower girl" shoes. Besides, most of the time when the bridal gown is long, no one sees the shows!

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
Robbie,

Comfortable shoes are a great idea. I ditched my heals last minute and walked down the aisle my dingy, scuffed up, o so comfy Nikes
9.gif
. Best decision I ever made. My feet were the only thing that did not hurt the next day. I just wish i had decided earlier than 15 minutes before the wedding. My dress was an inch or so too long.

No one knew they were there, unless I showed them
2.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
When I read this, I thought, "wow, a whole world of shoes I''ve not explored since I was a kid! Yay!" My next trip to Target, I was trying on those cute little Easter shoes. Amazing!

Who''d have known in a kid-sized shoe I''m a 4 1/2? Haha.

Paul laughed at me, but I wanted to be sure it worked. It does!

Had I known that back in the day when I *thought* I had to move up to adult sizes, I could have kept wearing those tennis shoes with Rainbow Bright on them. Those were HARD to give up!
9.gif

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
robbie - those shoes are adorable and so perfect for a wedding - so don''t worry about anyone - cuz they will say the same thing - they got bling and are white for under your white dress - and after all - comfort IS everything :}

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Fisher, that''s too funny!

Thanks, wifey!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results