shape
carat
color
clarity

My setting adventure

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dan862

Rough_Rock

I went to my local jeweler today to have my new ACA Whiteflash solitaire set into my setting. Needless to say the woman was mesmerized by my stone. You see, they carry HOF diamonds. I stated, “This here is an H&A diamond.” I was informed it was not because it was not HOF and that HOF is the only place to get 57 facets cut into the stone.

The jeweler had never heard of Whiteflash and was blown away with the stone. I suggested we have a showdown between my stone and an HOF. To other observers, I won (my stone was 0.4 ct larger than the biggest HOF stone in stock). In reality, am the winner because the 2 stones were prices about equally.

In the end the funny thing is that I still think the jeweler believed it was not a true H&A diamond even after viewing it through a H&A viewer. I would have gone elsewhere to have it set but they do the best work in town. Oh well, its OK to be humble sometimes.

Thank you Whiteflash!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love to hear stories like this!! Makes me smile.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Yay, YAY for the ACA!
36.gif

I had a snooty jeweler once INSIST that my diamond HAAAAAAAD to be a HOF diamond, and that I was just too naive or uniformed to realize it! Pretty hilarious when you think how I know every measurement, angle and slightest NUANCE of my stone!
9.gif

Apparently, the sad fact is that a LOT of people in the jewelry business RARELY see diamonds of PS-caliber.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results