shape
carat
color
clarity

My sapphire e-ring is done!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh, I'm so excited I can hardly sit still! I just got an email from Julian at Pearlman's telling me that my ring arrived about 15 minutes ago from Ritani and that it's beautiful!

His exact words are, "Oh and by the way...... It is beautiful. I would venture to say that the sapphire looks even prettier in the setting. It will be love at first sight for you."

It is being photographed and they are doing the appraisal and then it will be sent out. Soooo, fingers crossed, I'll have it Tuesday! I'll post the photos from Pearlman's as soon as I get them and I'll post handshots next week while I'm on vacation visiting the the fam in MI for the holiday!
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Oh how very exciting! I can''t wait to see pics!
36.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Oh yay!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/21/2008 12:32:03 PM
Author: geckodani
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!
I know, I''m so excited. I won''t get it until Tuesday probably, but Monday could be a possibility as well since my parents house is so close to Battle Creek.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Woo hoo!!!
36.gif
I''m so happy for you laurel - you''re going to LOVE it!

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
Can''t wait to see!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting! I can''t wait to see your pictures!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Add me to the list, who can''t wait to see it. I bet it will be gorgeous!!!!!!!
30.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OHH I can''t wait to see this beauty!!! I am so excited for you! Come on TUESDAY!!!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, here''s the photo from Pearlman''s. I have to say, I am not thrilled with how it looks.
39.gif
BUT, I know how beautiful my sapphire is in real life and I''m going to reserve judgement until I see it person. I think in the photo the stone looks kind of dead (and photos I''ve posted of it unset attest to the fact that it''s not) and it looks like the stone is set kind of low. Now, that''s not a bad thing at all necessarily, it would mean that I''m less likely to bump or knock it on things, but it makes the proportions of the profile look kind of "off" in the photo. I know that pictures can make things look weird though, so I''m just going to wait and see how it looks when I receive it. I really don''t want to have to reset it - it''s been 2 1/2 months in the making and I want my ring!

What is everyone else''s thoughts?

LaurelRitani2-small.JPG

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/21/2008 3:08:11 PM
Author: laurel25
Okay, here''s the photo from Pearlman''s. I have to say, I am not thrilled with how it looks.
39.gif
BUT, I know how beautiful my sapphire is in real life and I''m going to reserve judgement until I see it person. I think in the photo the stone looks kind of dead (and photos I''ve posted of it unset attest to the fact that it''s not) and it looks like the stone is set kind of low. Now, that''s not a bad thing at all necessarily, it would mean that I''m less likely to bump or knock it on things, but it makes the proportions of the profile look kind of ''off'' in the photo. I know that pictures can make things look weird though, so I''m just going to wait and see how it looks when I receive it. I really don''t want to have to reset it - it''s been 2 1/2 months in the making and I want my ring!

I think it''s smart to not fret about it until you see it in person. Plus, I would be interested to see a straight on picture--concaves are so intricate and are shown in their full glory from a straight down view. I looked at the pics of your stone alone and I agree that it''s full of life. So, I wouldn''t worry until you see it in person (which will hopefully be very soon!
9.gif
)

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/21/2008 3:16:42 PM
Author: misspinky
Date: 11/21/2008 3:08:11 PM

Author: laurel25

39.gif
BUT, I know how beautiful my sapphire is in real life and I''m going to reserve judgement until I see it person. I think in the photo the stone looks kind of dead (and photos I''ve posted of it unset attest to the fact that it''s not) and it looks like the stone is set kind of low. Now, that''s not a bad thing at all necessarily, it would mean that I''m less likely to bump or knock it on things, but it makes the proportions of the profile look kind of ''off'' in the photo. I know that pictures can make things look weird though, so I''m just going to wait and see how it looks when I receive it. I really don''t want to have to reset it - it''s been 2 1/2 months in the making and I want my ring!

I think it''s smart to not fret about it until you see it in person. Plus, I would be interested to see a straight on picture--concaves are so intricate and are shown in their full glory from a straight down view. I looked at the pics of your stone alone and I agree that it''s full of life. So, I wouldn''t worry until you see it in person (which will hopefully be very soon!
9.gif
)

Thanks MissPinky - it''s just hard to go from being super excited, too being a little disappointed and apprehensive about how it looks, but I just keep reminding myself how beautiful the stone is that like, you said, they need to be seen from straight on to be appreciated, so this is definitely not my stone''s best angle.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s the prongs that look out of proportion. But as you say, it''s tough to judge from a picture. Prongs that look huge in a photo often look normal in person.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I don't think it looks bad in the picture, but I'll bet it looks better in person.
2.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Wait and see what you think when you see it in person. I''ve noticed that some diamond vendor pics of colored gems don''t show off the gems to their advantage. I think they may be used to shooting diamonds which are easier imho. I bet it will be beautiful in person--a classic and lovely setting too!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From what I can see so far, it looks lovely. I will weigh in more once YOU see it in person. I have a good feeling it will be gorgeous IRL!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Kismet, LoveInBloom, Coati, & cushioncutnut - I think that it will probably look fine in person, but it so hard to wait this long and then get a picture that doesn''t really show what the stone looks like. I''m fine with a little bit bulkier prongs, because they will protect more of the stone, but I don''t want the setting to look squat. I also don''t want the stone to be set so low that not enough light can get through to really make the stone shine. So, I''ll wait and see, but thank you all for helping to allay my fears somewhat!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting! I bet it is very beautiful. Can''t wait for pics.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
In the pic, the prongs seem big for the stone, but it is also facing sideways, so the stone will look smaller from that angle. And coming from someone who has a sapphire in a solitare, my stone is pretty lifeless from that angle, but amazing from stright on. So wait until you see the real thing. Your stone is, afterall, a killer color and has tons of life.

ETA: The profile is starting to grow on me the more I look at it. I think it is going to be very pretty in real life.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I think you''ll probably be thrilled once its in hand! It looks to be a beauty!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results