carat
color
clarity

My Sally pieces are done!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1299361891|2865623 said:
I wouldn't be ok with the pendant either honestly...

Thanks Freke, I always feel bad when I tell vendors that I'm not really happy with the end result. So it's nice to know I'm not just being a crazy picky customer!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Me either...I liked it in the sketch tho. Could they do smaller gold balls so that they'd fit in the space between the stones better?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1299367727|2865696 said:

Me either...I liked it in the sketch tho. Could they do smaller gold balls so that they'd fit in the space between the stones better?

I don't know, I haven't heard back from sally yet (time differences and all). But I'm sure we'll figure something out, she's always been an angel to work with.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
The time difference sucks doesn't it? I'm waiting to hear back from here too.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The workmanship is amazing. And I am so happy that you have reset the, sapphire. Honestly, I liked your sapphire but not more than that. Now I can see what's so special about it, its moonlike quiality. I think the setting is great and compliments the stone. Wear your Sally pieces and good health and I am happy for you!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
For the pendant, I'd just remove the gold balls on the sides. I think the stones are set too closely together to allow them any room. You could probably keep the one on the bottom.

For the opal ring, I agree that a wider split shank would look much better.

And for the sapphire, I liked the Daniel M setting a lot, but I can tell the new one is much more in keeping with your tastes. Do you think Sally's rose gold and Daniel's are pretty similar, or do you see a difference in color?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, we're basically just removing the side accents and keeping the bottom one.

I'm thinking it'll lack a little flair then, thinking of maybe doing something quirky with the bail? Unsure...

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
MakingTheGrade|1299461005|2866333 said:
Yeah, we're basically just removing the side accents and keeping the bottom one.

I'm thinking it'll lack a little flair then, thinking of maybe doing something quirky with the bail? Unsure...

Good choice! It looked a little "buggy" before :lol: I think doing a multicolor bail may give you the uniqueness you were looking for

that's my suggestion :D

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
davi_el_mejor|1299462274|2866341 said:
Good choice! It looked a little "buggy" before :lol: I think doing a multicolor bail may give you the uniqueness you were looking for

that's my suggestion :D

Haha, you read my mind!

I just wrote her to ask about doing a kind of sculpted bail like the one on Gemgirl's new diamond pendant, with a strip of yellow gold in the middle. I'll let you know what she says.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to see the star sapphire reset this way as I think it looks more beautiful in the lotus setting, with a touch of something extra in the two accent diamonds.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1299517100|2866648 said:
Glad to see the star sapphire reset this way as I think it looks more beautiful in the lotus setting, with a touch of something extra in the two accent diamonds.

My first piece with accent diamonds. I hope this isn't the start to a dangerous new trend, lol.

Zzz

Rough_Rock
Trade
the setting really complements the star sapphire cab.
looks really pretty. i :love: :love: :love: the star sapphire! it's so dreamy!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted some photos of the side details, but they accidentally misunderstood and sent me more profile shots.
But this one shows the color better. It's less artistic, but the hue is truer against the simple white background.

sidecolor.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's the new pendant!
It's hard to make out the gold strip in the center of the bale because it's shiny, but I really like how it looks now.

nepdt2.jpeg

newpdt.jpeg

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, so much better! It looks much more steamlined, and if you know the gold is there, you can definitely see it. I'm glad she made this right, it's lovely!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
That turned out beautifully! :appl:

I'm looking forward to seeing the opal, too. Any word on that?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aoife|1300463964|2874640 said:
That turned out beautifully! :appl:

I'm looking forward to seeing the opal, too. Any word on that?

Oh, photos of the opal are on the first page!
I decided to keep the split shank as it is.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I Love your pieces!!! Very classy and unique!
Your opal is Exceptional! :love: :love: The setting s was a great choice!!!! I favor the opal as it is my birthstone and I haven't found the 'perfect one' for me just yet.
Sally did a wonderful job! Just Beautiful!!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it a lot better MTG! Do you have it yet or are those Sally's pics?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1300488573|2874900 said:
I like it a lot better MTG! Do you have it yet or are those Sally's pics?

No, these are her pics, I won't have the goodies for another 2-3 weeks probably :(

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Novel|1300459507|2874614 said:
Oh, so much better! It looks much more steamlined, and if you know the gold is there, you can definitely see it. I'm glad she made this right, it's lovely!

I like it much better too!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sally should be putting up my listing any second now...I'm so excited!
Have any of you ever gotten express shipping from her? Is it significantly faster?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never mind, apparently Express shipping isn't any faster...boo.
Guess I'll just have to wait 2-3 weeks as usual. Fingers crossed though that everything arrives safe, sound, and speedily!

Here's a new photo of the pendant from her listing. Haha, I think the star sapphire was clearly her favorite piece though.

I like how much the tsav pops. I wanted to do two diamonds and the tsav, but didn't have a loose diamond in that size just laying around, and getting a .5 ct diamond as an accent would have been a bit pricey. But I think the grossular garnet worked out pretty well in terms of proportions and color. I can't wait to see it in real life!

pdt3.jpg

IMG_1547.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Sally is a great master.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
crasru|1300645819|2875832 said:
I think Sally is a great master.

I think Pomme (her head goldsmith) is just amazingly skilled as well. I'm actually under the impression that Sally doesn't do the bench work herself, I think she's the designer and owner and does the communication w/ customer and sourcing of stones. But she has a team of very skilled metal smiths to do the fabrication. At least, that's the impression I get.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are here!

The star is BEAUTIFUL! But I'll save the best for last, and start with the other pieces...
Opal first. I'm not really happy with these photos as they don't show the life and depth to the opal, but oh well! I tried. :)

IMG_8217.JPG

IMG_8214.JPG

IMG_8216.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one of the opal

IMG_8241.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now for the tsavorite pendant. Neck shots first, they show the color well but I apologize for the fuzziness and for my actual neck, lol. I've been battling with a small case of stress-acne... :nono: :oops: :oops:

IMG_8245.JPG

IMG_8252.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results