shape
carat
color
clarity

My ruby has been lost/stolen? - steps to take?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry you have to go through this. Especially since you seem such a warm and kind and reasonable person. I have there will be a good solution for you in the end. Kerping my fingers crossed for you.
Thank you for sharing your story here.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So sorry to read this. Your comparison to Great Master's may be true.........but one thing to consider is that the beauty they created is now appreciated without the toxicity's of their life and behaviors, because they are no longer here. My best wishes to you that both the deposit and ruby are returned intact with an apology in the VERY near future -- I realize that does not fit what Scott has demonstrated, but I still have that wish for you!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry that your love for gems and jewelry has taken a hit from this vendor's abysmal manipulations, during a hard year when that love could have brought much needed strength.

As an artist in another genre, my heart warms at your compassion and understanding of the many challenges that artists face. In this case however I do not think he is living up to his art. The end (beautiful jewelry) does not justify the means. Talent does not give a free pass to use people.

I also dare hope you get a swift resolution to this situation and want to add my support.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I'm very disappointed to hear this. I haven't been around for a while so I am just catching up.

RTFrog

Shiny_Rock
Hi Arkteia :wavey: ,

Wow - what a journey to get one of your gems back! I'm very sorry to hear about the difficulties and hope that it is resolved expediently, sometimes you have to put a post out there like this to get some attention/traction.

Anyone near the Tracy/Livermore area that can stop by and see if the shop is open?

Please keep us updated on the process and resolution. Wishing you the best!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, everyone, for your words of support. (I should mention everyone by name. Sorry for not having done it so far).
My ruby, per Scott, is in transit. I shall post the update as soon as I receive it and verify that it is the same stone, undamaged.
No word about the deposit, but I am firm that it has to be returned back to me.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arkteia|1451737156|3969584 said:
Thank you, everyone, for your words of support. (I should mention everyone by name. Sorry for not having done it so far).
My ruby, per Scott, is in transit. I shall post the update as soon as I receive it and verify that it is the same stone, undamaged.

Thank you for the update and that is good news! Hoping your ruby is back where it belongs with you very soon Arkie. Fingers crossed it arrives safely. And your deposit too.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Wow! That's great news! I hope he sends you something confirming it has been shipped. :confused: I hope you get it soon! I do believe you should get your stone & deposit back plus a public apology! :pray: I'm sure this has been an extremely stressful situation for you. Thank you for updating this thread. :wavey:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Someone (I've seen people who could contact him posting in this thread) should tell him that if he doesn't return your deposit, his reputation will be totally unable to be repaired. What a shame! I hope it works out for you.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline|1451760540|3969708 said:
Someone (I've seen people who could contact him posting in this thread) should tell him that if he doesn't return your deposit, his reputation will be totally unable to be repaired. What a shame! I hope it works out for you.

I dont' know.

Leon Mege has done HORRENDOUS things to women here, but many still flock to him.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rockinruby|1451755518|3969685 said:

Wow! That's great news! I hope he sends you something confirming it has been shipped. :confused: I hope you get it soon! I do believe you should get your stone & deposit back plus a public apology! :pray: I'm sure this has been an extremely stressful situation for you. Thank you for updating this thread. :wavey:

+1. Sorry you've had to go through this. :(

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
kenny|1451783848|3969856 said:
Tourmaline|1451760540|3969708 said:

I dont' know.

Leon Mege has done HORRENDOUS things to women here, but many still flock to him.

Yeah, you're right...it's pretty shocking to me.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm intreguied. What's Leon done...

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Someone posted a PS link on his FB page. He says that the ruby was to be delivered on 12/31. He seems to shrug off any accusations and is being very upbeat about the whole thing. He has a lot of loyal fans. Hopefully, the deposit will be returned also.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I hope he keeps his word this time.

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
I'm shocked and stunned.

I haven't priced rubies in awhile, but I know a 3 carat ruby is very valuable. We're not talking about a $50 stone.

(And, a $50 stone customer and a $25,000 stone customer should both be treated with superb customer service).

Yes, you definitely deserve your deposit back -- in full! Please let us know when you receive your ruby back.

Good luck!

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
I hope the stone has arrived back to you by now. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I am happy to see the Pricescope community support you through this thread. When this issue comes to a satisfactory conclusion -- and it must -- I hope your love if gems and jewelry finds its way back to you.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NonieMarie|1451868027|3970150 said:
Someone posted a PS link on his FB page. He says that the ruby was to be delivered on 12/31. He seems to shrug off any accusations and is being very upbeat about the whole thing. He has a lot of loyal fans. Hopefully, the deposit will be returned also.

I saw the way he responded to the comment with the link. I thought his reply was unprofessional and condescending - and actually hurts him more if potential customers see that this is the way he does business. Artketia, I have my fingers crossed that you have received your ruby AND full deposit back by now. :wavey:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sungura|1451947635|3970663 said:
I hope the stone has arrived back to you by now. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I am happy to see the Pricescope community support you through this thread. When this issue comes to a satisfactory conclusion -- and it must -- I hope your love if gems and jewelry finds its way back to you.

I agree! I really hope this gets worked out--I've been following this through his FB as well as really hate that you havent gotten the stone back. It seems wrong on so many levels, and I am angry for you :angryfire: :angryfire:

arabella

Shiny_Rock
I just read through this entire thread and am appalled! I am so sorry you have had to go through this Arkteia. [emoji20] I hope you have your ruby back in hand now and I hope you get your deposit back too!!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Based on FB, it seems that his prospective customer base is huge - much larger than PS, and unfortunately, it appears as if this thread is not much of a concern for him. :(sad

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1451984108|3970900 said:
Based on FB, it seems that his prospective customer base is huge - much larger than PS, and unfortunately, it appears as if this thread is not much of a concern for him. :(sad

It's sad but hopefully news will spread on the www. It's disgusting to treat a person like this let alone your customer. I know (once I figure out which business this guy is, I'm to new to know names just yet) I will avoid him and tell everyone I perosally know of this story.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1451962716|3970780 said:
NonieMarie|1451868027|3970150 said:

I saw the way he responded to the comment with the link. I thought his reply was unprofessional and condescending - and actually hurts him more if potential customers see that this is the way he does business. Artketia, I have my fingers crossed that you have received your ruby AND full deposit back by now. :wavey:

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong FB but I'm friends with him on FB and I haven't seen this post. Does he have a business page I'm not aware of?

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
It's in the comment thread for the big tourmaline ring.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so unbelievable. Where is the honesty and integrity in the world? There are awesome people who are jewelers out there, Arkteia. Just hang in there and post pics of the ruby when it is back and let us know when the deposit comes back. Thank you for sharing this experience too - I will be more careful and many others will be too, I am sure, after reading this!

Arialle

Rough_Rock
I am so sorry to hear this...I hope you have received your ruby by now~

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ark I am so sorry you are going through this. I haven't even been on PS for a few weeks because I have been discouraged. The reason? Burned twice (the last just recently) by a vendor with a good reputation and a seller I had bought from before who lied to me. It really just kills the excitement of buying when you can't trust people. I hope you have a satisfactory resolution.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear Pricescopers,

So, thank you once again for your support.

Here is the update on the stone.
It was received on January 4th, and while I have not done specific testing, it looks like mine. I have looked at it for a long time, and took zillions of photos, in different lights, it should help. The person who saw it before has yet to look at it, but it looks like the stone that I had sent to Scott.

Which is good. I have not yet received a firm commitment to return the deposit, and I do not want to get into the details of the conversation. I stand my ground, the deposit has to be returned. If Scott is unable to do it for financial reasons, I think that a payment plan drawn by my lawyer is the best of options. I've pondered on the idea of "bartering", proposed by Dana Reynolds (thank you, Dana!). In its most attractive forms, it would likely involve sending more money to Scott, and this is not realistic at this point.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LisaRN|1452228821|3972481 said:
Ark I am so sorry you are going through this. I haven't even been on PS for a few weeks because I have been discouraged. The reason? Burned twice (the last just recently) by a vendor with a good reputation and a seller I had bought from before who lied to me. It really just kills the excitement of buying when you can't trust people. I hope you have a satisfactory resolution.

Lisa, it's so true! I remember asking Scott at the beginning of this ruby Odyssey, "How many light-years will it take you to finish this project?" And using the same cosmic allegory, I am now imagining myself dropping this expensive ruby into an Internet void, a black hole, in this case marked by a smiling, nice face in a Facebook avatar.

I do not know how many people posting on Scott's Facebook know him personally; he is definitely well-liked. But choosing a ruby - an expensive stone! - probably indicated a high degree of trust on my part, only I never realized it at that time.

Would the same amount of trust be there if I did not like Scott's posts, his views, his prose style? Probably, not. I did have prior experience with him, a pair of earrings with small spinels. I can not even say that I trusted my intuition, no, these were the avatar, the pictures, the photos detailing the life, the animals, and the unending toil of an artist on the Facebook that were so appealing... It would have been "Scot's ring".

And now I think I am still in a state of cognitive dissonance, because of all it took me to get the stone back, and the story is not yet finished. :(

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Arkteia this is good news and I'm very happy for you. Hope the deposit issue will be resolved soon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results