shape
carat
color
clarity

My Rosey Blue-Green Gem Silica Ring

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Hello All! :dance:

As some of you may remember I was recently-ish given a 14mm cushion shaped blue-green gem silica from my beau for Mothers Day. It was his first purchase for me alone that was perfect for me in all ways and I was gobsmacked as the poor guy cannot tell solid 14k from gold plated; he thinks its all "real" gold. Also to top it off, he checks out mentally when I go on and on about gemstones or jewelry only responding with a "yes" when I lean over showing my glaringly bright phone screen in his face asking "Isnt this stunning?!?".
So...suffice it to say that I was shocked when he picked out such a neat gift!

I wanted to set it and wear it right away because having a piece from him that I love was a dream of mine so I set out to find a jeweler for this stone.

I remembered Daniel M because he was recommended to me for another project months ago but when I did a bit of research then I was dissapointed to find the long thread detailing his communication issues and lack of service so I went with someone else.
After that I coincidentally found him on Etsy and found myself drawn to his style. He had a raw diamond ring that I couldnt stop thinking of and a blue green tourmaline ring which was sweet and lovely. His reviews were bright and cheery and he had seemed to turn a new leaf so I held my breath and decided to take the plunge and see if things had indeed changed.

(Also, while I'm all for discontinuing use of a vendor or jeweler that is displaying crooked, illegal, or negligent behavior at the time, I do believe that people can change and that everyone deserves a second chance.

I know the poor women that he led on for months will likely never feel secure enough to make a purchase with him even if things have been smoothed out now and that is ok, completely logical, and understandable, but I thought I'd share my recent and only experience with him as it seems to be proof that he is now on track and is doing so much better.)

I contacted him about a piece that was already for sale and asked if we could scale it to my stones size and use 14k rose gold instead of silver. He almost immediately wrote back and we were off to the races!
The whole thing went incredibly fast and would have gone faster had I not gotten the stomach flu which made me down and unable to respond for 4 days.
From my first message to sending my stone, approving the CAD, and him casting the piece and sending it, it only took 2 weeks.
The ring was sent out today and I cannot wait to receive it!
Oh and thank you to all of the ladies that posted in my "Cabs with Claws" thread!!!!
Now you know what I was up to :lol:

Heres the very simple silver and pink tourmaline ring of his that was my inspiration:
il_570xN.1789699331_sf5y.jpg
My gifted gem silica cab :kiss2:
icm_fullxfull.209347813_oburb2oaucgg8socko0g.jpg
20190510_201848.jpg

The CADs not including the claws which I described to him as wanting them very "pointy and some what facing downward":
icm_fullxfull.206345960_bfocp4fy61sgsg4cg4g8~2.jpg
A few 3D renderings:
icm_fullxfull.210574629_q8oebbyuoxco8ggsk8ss.jpg icm_fullxfull.210574661_572on0xgchs0k0oosw44.jpg
& Finally the finished product!
il_570xN.1966874423_8mol.jpg il_570xN.1919331796_cfpn.jpg il_570xN.1919331630_97k9.jpg il_570xN.1966874549_q0au.jpg

Overall, he has been so kind, easygoing, understanding, responsive, and lightning fast in communication and fabrication.
He messaged me the moment he received my stone and each step of the way was sending me pictures and updates.
As of now my only experience with him has been extremely positive and I would definitely work with him in the future.
The ring is truly exactly what I was craving and envisioning for my cab. A design that is very simple and gave the stone the stage but that had claws that made a statement. A setting that clutched the "candy" properly. Haha

What I learned throughout this process:
1. While not everyone learns their lesson or grows from it, it is possible and people can change for the better.
2. Communication is EVERYTHING in jewelry making.
3. 14k Rose Gold is indeed stunning with blue green gems! Thanks @voce & @lovedogs
4. Holy sh** apparently this is what happens when I drink a second latte during the day....just wrote a friggin' book for this post :eek2::appl:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so cool and what a neat gift!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, it looks Tiffany inspired.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, it looks Tiffany inspired.
I'm embarrassed to say that other than the famous solitaire engagement ring, Im not the least bit familar with any of their other designs. If you have any saved on hand please do share! IMO thats such a sweet compliment as its such a well known and popular brand that is well respected.

Reactions: T L

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm embarrassed to say that other than the famous solitaire engagement ring, Im not the least bit familar with any of their other designs. If you have any saved on hand please do share! IMO thats such a sweet compliment as its such a well known and popular brand that is well respected.
Search “Paloma Picasso sugar stack ring.” Yours has better craftsmanship though.:twisted2:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful stone your hubby picked out - and a beautiful setting to go with it!
Glad you had a great experience with DanielM. I’ve been wondering.
Thanks for sharing.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Search “Paloma Picasso sugar stack ring.” Yours has better craftsmanship though.:twisted2:
Oh my! I do see an inspired look!
But I also agree that mine is overall crafted a little better! muahahaha! :lol:

Reactions: T L

voce

Ideal_Rock
That's a beautiful ring! :kiss2: Looking forward to hand shots.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful stone your hubby picked out - and a beautiful setting to go with it!
Glad you had a great experience with DanielM. I’ve been wondering.
Thanks for sharing.

You were actually the one that planted the seed and you told me about him for my emerald cab ring! ;-)
Im glad I took the plunge with him for this project as I love how it came out!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
That's a beautiful ring! :kiss2: Looking forward to hand shots.
Yes Ma'am!:P2
You bet I'll be taking some PS shots within the first 5 minutes of receiving it haha

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I really like the color combo! Can't wait to see this on you ! Do you mind sharing how to find DanielM's etsy shop? I want to check him out!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I really like the color combo! Can't wait to see this on you ! Do you mind sharing how to find DanielM's etsy shop? I want to check him out!

Of course I dont mind!
I also wanted to add that I found his prices to be incredibly affordable.
While I didnt have any diamonds in this design the cost for everything including shipping was under $500! Which IMHO is very competitive.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/danielmjewelry

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool ring, congrats!!!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You have a gorgeous piece :love:. I love it! Congratulations on your new bling!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So fabulous! Really nice color combination. I also like the beaded shank:love:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful. Superb craftsmanship.
Clever beau, wear it with love.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful, love the simple, but elegant design and the fab color combo!

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow what a great gift especially from a person that isn't into gemstones! My boyfriend could learn something from this! haha! Your ring came out lovely and I am a big fan of letting the gemstones be the star while the setting is more of the supporting cast. Also, really glad that it turned out just how you envisioned and wanted. I haven't used Daniel M's services but I have read a few of the posts about his past issues. However, I have seen some nice simple designs in his Etsy store that I really liked and considered giving him a chance with a cabochon or two I have acquired. It is nice to hear that you had a positive experience & hopefully he is indeed on the right track! Thanks for sharing and of course hand pictures once you receive the ring!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning ring. Stone, setting all gorgeous. LOVE.:love:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
USPS tracking shows that it should be delivered today so fingers crossed!

Hopefully when I get home I have my little surprise waiting for me and I can geek out over it! I love knowing a pretty will be delivered that day, somehow it makes my work day go by quicker!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely very cool ring! beautiful, workmanship looks very solid! congatulations.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Ahhhhhhhh! I opened it!!!! :kiss2:

Ok so these are no glamour shots but I could NOT wait a day to show you guys!

I havent even seen it in natural sunlight as I just opened it tonight so all photos are taken in my bathroom which has several surrounding mirror "movie star" bulbs. Also the stone isnt dirty or smudged its just the lights or background being reflected in the stone when taking the photos. In person I cannot see this whatsoever so the gem looks well- gemmy and like a lagoon.

Also one small teeny note about the receiving package;
Upon opening Daniel M's package I only found the ring in the ring box that I sent it in and that was it. There wasnt any frill, a note, or even a packing slip that detailed the purchase....so in a small regard I was slightly disappointed. There wasnt even an extra ribbon haha, just my ring box and the finished piece.

(As a customer having nice packaging is lovely but to me communication and skill are far more important and he has delivered in those respects so I'm not whiney at all, I just wanted to give others a heads up.)

Im telling you all that rose gold is magic for blue-green gems and it made my beaus cushion have a much more glowy desired color, the difference the metal made is shocking really. :eek2:

Anyways here are the quick snaps that I took of the ring! Ignore the dry hands and unkempt nails- glamour shots will come soon! Haha :mrgreen:

Also the dark green birthmark is a teensy spot of malachite which I actually adore in the gem and Im so glad that Dan left it showing! It has a lil' character!
Snapchat-1347039719~2.jpg Snapchat-2099495467~2.jpg Snapchat-700513011.jpg Snapchat-1630105393.jpg Snapchat-1258082895.jpg Snapchat-998848720.jpg Snapchat-2002916180.jpg Snapchat-1808991509.jpg Snapchat-262377924.jpg Snapchat-735564618.jpg

voce

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! Good collaborative effort (your beau picked the stone, you picked the setting), and I hope you enjoy it for a long time to come! :mrgreen2:

Regarding the packaging--I think men are just more functional in this regard, and only women jewelers (and other women vendors) have impressed me with packaging.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful, totally agree that RG really pops blue and green colors!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! It's killer!! What a statement piece. I love big and bold!
Never take it off :love::love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results