shape
carat
color
clarity

my rollingring.com RING

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I just received my rolling ring from rollingrings.com and I have a few questions:

1. the rose gold ring is stamped w/ 18K. Does that mean all 3 bands are 18K? I ordered 14K, so I think I got the wrong ring..

2. I also wear a size 6, and that is what I ordered, but it feels really big. if the rings are in a certain way on my finger, i can shake my hand a few times and it moves over my nuckles. is this normal? I thought it was maybe because its colder outside, so i tried on my other size 6 rings. They fit, ohe pf my single 3 mm bands was a bit loose, but b/c its not as heavy as the trinity ring, it did not shake off my hand. When i tried on the one at Cartier, the sized me about 1/2 to 3/4 smaller than a 6, but rollingrings. com said they fit true to size.

3. i am guessing the whole ring is 18K gold and the colors are really soft, do you think the 14K yellow gold would be darker?

I think they sent me the wrong ring, but I wanted to get your thoughts on the above before i call them tomorrow.

justageek

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on the ring!!!

1) That''s a good question. Sorry -- I''m no help. And none of the other bands are stamped?

2) I think I''m misunderstanding. Cartier sized you at 5.5 or 5.75, and rollingrings.com sent you a 6 that was true to the actual size 6? Why not order it in the 5.5 or 5.75 that fits you?

3) 18K gold is supposed to have a "softer" look than 14K, I think, but it shouldn''t obviously change the look of the rings.

Pics?? I''ve been coveting their 2mm two-tone gold or white gold rolling ring!!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Sorry you''re having an issue with the ring! I have a rolling ring (that I ordered from rollingring.com) and I ordered it in 18k gold because I like the softer colors and it does have 18k stamped in the rose gold, so I definitely think you have an 18k gold ring.

Also, when I was sized at Cartier they sized me 1/4 ring size smaller, so I think that is fairly common. I ordered the rolling ring true to my size (not the size cartier sized me) and it fits perfectly. I wonder if because rollingring.com sent you the wrong ring, they could have sent the wrong size as well. Can you run to a jeweller today and have the ring sized to find out if it''s a 6?

It sounds like you need a new ring anyway, since you orderd the 14k (and yes, the 14k colors will be a tad darker), but I''d also have them double check to make sure the ring they sent you was a 6 that way you can order a smaller size if you need to.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
i wore the ring last night and it seems to fit Ok now, i guess I must have been cold last night and my fingers were skinnier. I was thinking of taking it to a jeweler to just verify the size.

I love the ring, it looks really nice. I ordered the 14K gold b/c it would not scratch as much. The cloors of ther ring are really pretty and soft. i wonder if the darker yellow of the 14K would be too dark and change the look of the ring. The 18K color does look very much like the cartier ring and the cartier ring is 18K. That being said, i guess the cartier ring will scratch up some too.

NewEnglandLady- how is your ring? is it gett ing scratched?

I am wondering if I should just keep this one, or exchange it ofr the 14K? I am going to call tami at rollingrings.com this morning to see what she says too.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I''ve had my rolling ring for a couple of months--I know some PSers have had theirs longer and can probably chime in. I wear mine every day, either as an alternate wedding band, or I wear it on my right hand. I''ve noticed a bit of scratching (not really scratching, but the finish is just a little more matte and not as shiny, which I kind of prefer), but comparied to my platinum e-ring and wedding band, it scratched significantly less scratched. I''ll probably get it polished after 6-8 more months. I wanted my rolling ring to match Cartier''s (I like the softer colors), which is why I ordered the 18k.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
personally, i prefer 18k gold anything to 14k.......18k isn''t as delicate as many would lead us to believe. i''d love to see a picture of your rings.

movie zombie

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
maybe I will just hold onto what I have. I left a VM for Tami at Rolling Rings. I jsut want her to know I have different ring from waht I ordered. I took some pics last night and will try to post them tonight when I get home from work.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
here is a pic of my ring

melissa trinity ring.JPG

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
another

close up rolling.jpg

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
with my emerald ring

trinity with emerald2.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
pictures rather blurry but from what i can see, i like it.

btw, i''m a huge fan of 18k red/rose gold.......

movie zombie

justageek

Shiny_Rock
I''m glad NEL and movie zombie were able to help with your decision
36.gif
--

Yay mintve! The rings as they are look wonderful on your hand
9.gif

mintve

Brilliant_Rock

Tami at Rolling Rings and I have been playing phone tag, but she knows about me receiving the wrong ring. She offered to let me keep the 18K at no extra charge or to exchange it for the 14K with no shipping cost to be.

I think the size it OK. When I go outside and its cold, it feels very loose, but when I am warm and inside, it fits just right. Plus, with the way its rolls, it can roll in a way that makes it feel bigger or smaller. Does that make sense? Does anyone else fell like that with their rolling ring?

So, with that being said, do you all agree that I should keep the 18K one that I have?

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/19/2007 1:25:45 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Its beautiful on your hand and how SWEET of Tami to let you keep the 18k at no charge!! Aww!! Points in my book!!!

it is sweet! Tami is so nice!! I think I will just keep waht I have and think of the 18K as a free upgrade!
2.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mintve, I love the look of your 18k rolling ring, I would keep it if I were you and consider yourself lucky to have gotten the "wrong" ring, LOL! Personally I like the softer colors of the 18k version and even though your last pic is blurry I can tell it looks beautiful with your emerald.

I have 14k 4mm WG rolling ring with one band with scattered diamonds from rollingring.com which I received for my 30th birthday this past May. I love it, wear it a few times a week now, very happy with the quality of the ring. Tami was a pleasure to work with for me as well...DH and I happened to order mine when the company was moving their office location or something so there was some delay but she kept me informed every step of the way and could not have been nicer or more friendly/customer service-oriented. I am now considering getting a 2mm tri-color rolling ring from them in the future, just for variety''s sake, LOL!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mintve, the ring is gorgeous and looks great on your hand! I now want one too
1.gif
. What width is each band? Are they comfort fit?

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/24/2007 11:47:42 AM
Author: baby monster
Mintve, the ring is gorgeous and looks great on your hand! I now want one too
1.gif
. What width is each band? Are they comfort fit?
thanks! I am loving it! I''ve been wearing it daily since I received it and its very comfy to wear. Like all rings it fits a bit loose when its cold, but when the temp is juzt right, it fits perfectly!

http://www.rollingring.com/Rolling-Rings-p/rolling-rings-3b3c.htm

this is the one I have. I have hte 18K and its really pretty! Its the medium size, 3mm. Tami is sweet and helpful when ordering! If you order it, you will love it!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m so glad you''re loving it!

movie zombie

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! So glad you love it, mintve!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results