shape
carat
color
clarity

My rings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, everyone has HUGE diamonds to show off (and I swear I have the smallest eng. ring on PS)
1.gif
lol, but nontheless, I''ve decided to show my rings too. This isn''t the best photo, but you can get a basic idea of what my set looks like.

We picked these rings out when we were in our early 20s and students at the time, so we didn''t have a lot of cash, BUT, the stone I ended up with is amazingly fiery and I still love it.

Michelle

mcringstwo.jpg

iceprincess

Shiny_Rock
Hi Michelle!

Thanks for sharing your rings, and your bio recently. Your rings are nice. There are some of gals still waiting to get our e-rings yet.
naughty.gif
I have to brush up on my photography skills for when I get my ring so that I can post some decent pics here. I'm notorious for cutting off my subjects' heads when I take pics so I'm gonna read up on some old threads for taking better photos!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! Finaly some yellow gold
1.gif

Does the ring go on top of the thinner edge of the band? I would expect the textured surface of the band to make a great contrast with the white stone. Any chance to see them on your hand?
2.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, Michelle!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Very nice Michelle!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Michelle, those are beautiful rings! Elegant, classic, but with a touch of individuality.

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice Michelle, and I especially like that braided band - please show photos with it on, okay?
10.gif

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
I think that set is still very beautiful AND it has sentimental value. I'm really big on that. Yes, please do take a picture of it when you get a chance on your hand.
3.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for your compliments!

The rings don't sit flush, but funny I've actually grown to really like this and don't think I ever want a "matching" set. lol I'd of course like a bigger solitaire, though, but will wait 'til the time is right. Right now, diapering and feeding the kids costs us a small fortune.

The band has etched flowers that you should be able to see a bit better in the other photo I'm going to attach. We got it at an Estate Jewelery store in Seattle. A very fun store and I still go in there to drool
lickout.gif
Ah, I've go to win in Vegas. . .lol (crossing my fingers.)

Michelle

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Beautfiul diamond and I love the engraving on the wedding band.

It's easy to get caught up in wanting bigger or better diamonds--hey not a day goes by that I don't fantasize about my dream three stone ring (hopefully coming at the 10 yr anniv)--but the true value of our stones is comprised of the feelings and commitment behind it. I look at my not-so-perfect-or-big stone and remember how my husband worked two jobs to get it for me and how proud he was to give it to me...and it's more than enough diamond for me. It's just a shame it took so long for me to grow up and realize it.
2.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your rings. The diamond is very sparkly, did you get a certificate stating the clarity of the stone or do you not know it? I assume it must be very clear to sparkle so much. The cut and carat weight looks fine to me as a consumer layperson looking at a dimond ring and the color is very white looking.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty, simple and elegant.
Your wedding band is very similar to a set that me and my husband purchased a few years ago, except that the middle part is white gold and the edges are yellow gold. I will have to find it to and take a picture to show you.

OT, how long are you staying in Vegas?
2.gif

Jaded Gem

Shiny_Rock
Michelle, Michelle, Michelle...win in Vegas, win in Vegas, win in Vegas! Do you feel my lucky vibes or qi going to you?
Up_to_something.gif
Yes, beautiful rings my dear...sorry I cannot compete. I have a simple thin platinum wedding band. Once I ever muster enough courage to put something together then I'll let you know. Don't hold your breath though. Well actually, I take that back. My mother in law, says that my husband, which is her son, and I should be sporting some type of wedding jewelry for her planned reception for us. She is now doing all the work so my husband says we need to get our act together and at least appease her with something. I guess the plain platinum band won't do, and she wants me to have some type of engagement ring on also. I messed up on my first attempt, and now I don't know when I will do the second attempt. I've grown quite accustomed to just the band, but somehow I am still fascinated by looking at everyone's "bling, bling." What to do? What to do?
confused.gif
Anyway, I do love your taste in fine rings.
9.gif
And go win so you can get your Tiffany jewels.
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Michelle I really like the setting on the e-ring, very simple and small, thin...so it accents the stone. The stone may not be that large, but I think that the setting probably makes it look bigger than it is! Great job so long ago and before Pscope even!
1.gif

Plus I have seen WAY smaller...two of my coworkers have some of the tiniest engagement rings ever. One has something like a .10c from her first ring...her upgrade was like 2 years after marriage with a family stone to 1.25c and a beautiful setting; and the second one has one that is maybe about .20c and is set amidst a pave eternity wedding band...kind of funny because the middle stone is so tiny and the pave almost stands out more. Her wedding rings are TWO pave bands set on either side, so its like 3 rows of pave and this amazingly tiny center stone. So obviously she made up for the small center stone later...hee hee.

2.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Michelle,
Here is the wedding band I told you about. It no longer fits me. I think it is a 4.5 and I now wear a 5.5- 5.25. My husband's also no longer fits him. His is a 8.5 and he went up to a 9.0.
Because of the way that it is made, I cannot have them resized either. This is the reason why I didn't get an eternity band. I was afraid that later down the road, I would have to get the ring resized and it would be really expensive or it couldn't be done.

116_1641 (2).JPG

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Michelle,

Your rings are really lovely. I especially love the engraving on the wedding band. They look so pretty on you!

Daniela

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 2/5/2004 7:25:36 AM pyramid wrote:

I love your rings. The diamond is very sparkly, did you get a certificate stating the clarity of the stone or do you not know it? I assume it must be very clear to sparkle so much. The cut and carat weight looks fine to me as a consumer layperson looking at a dimond ring and the color is very white looking.----------------

Hi,

Yes, we do have GIA certification for the stone
1.gif
It's .42 G VS2.

Michelle

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kayla,

We're staying three days/two nights in Vegas at the Venetian. I'm so excited to let my hair down. lol My husband wants to extend the vacation longer, but my MIL is watching our kids and I doubt she has enough valium to last the entire week (hahaha) so we'll have to keep it as is.

Michelle

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it does look to be very good quality.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Michelle, it's a lovely, classic solitaire that just screams elegant. You can't go wrong with that! The band is great that is can be worn comfortably and still be a lovely piece just as eye candy with the engraving. Have a wonderful time in Vegas, maybe you'll bump into Britney or someone.
2.gif
11.gif

*throwing out good gambling vibes*
naughty.gif

Just A Kitty

Rough_Rock
1.gif
Michelle,I think your rings are lovely and you should never feel bad about the size of your diamond.I'm sure it was given with much love and that's what counts.Many women start out with smaller stones and go larger later in life.I know this may sound corny but the size of a mans heart is of more importance than the diamond he can afford.A loving husband will outshine the finest diamond anyday of the week.Wear your rings with pride.
2.gif
JAK

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Not corny at all, JAK, I couldn't agree more.

win

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Michelle, I love your rings, especially how the band really compliments the diamond. Love that band.
1.gif
I think you have your head on straight on not getting hung up about getting a bigger diamond right now and taking care of the more important things in life. As you know I waited a long time for mine and personally I know I appreciate it much more at this time in my life, than I probably would have if I got if off the get go, especially since we made such an educated purchase thanks to the diamond forums of the modern day. Like you we took care of the important things first, since we couldn't afford to do both at the same time, and when we finally were ready, we didn't have the burden of other things clouding the purchase. IOW we were prepared for this major purpose which helped to proceed without feeling like we were cheating the family out of anything.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Your solitaire is so simple and gorgeous!

Thanks for sharing with us.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results