shape
carat
color
clarity

My rings are scratching each other

yzs

Rough_Rock
Can anyone give any suggestions or options?
My newly reset e-ring and my eternity band are rubbing against each other and scratching.
I think it's the crown of the diamond.
Here's the pic of the side view.
Any suggestions pls?
image_475.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you post a pic of the eternity ring so we can see if the setting is such that the diamonds in the eternity band are eating at your e-ring?

Some people add a 1-1.5mm spacer ring in between, or a more permanent solution - solder together.

yzs

Rough_Rock
My eternity band is scratched on the metal, on the side.
I thought it was my ering crown scratching it.
Here's the side pic. image_4286.jpg

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesn't appear that your stone is rubbing. That's good news, because diamonds will literally chew out metal.

However, metal will also scratch metal where it rubs against. Daily wear will scratch metal.

The crown head in your setting looks like it sticks out just a bit, and probably your band is rubbing on that protrusion. Even smooth metal bands can scratch each other when they rub together - spacers too. BUT, scratches in gold and platinum can be buffed out, and platinum will not wear away with polishing.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Metal scratches metal. Can be polished a couple times a year to look like new, I that bothers you. I notice scratches at the beginning, but once it's uniformly scratched I'm ok with it.

yzs

Rough_Rock
Thank u all,
I noticed that the crown is only scratching the top-most edge and not the whole side. So maybe it's just metal on metal scratching. Not sure if a spacer will work.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A spacer would move it further away and stop it from scratching. So yes, that probably would work.

yzs

Rough_Rock
Hm, interesting. Didn't think of that. I will look into it. Thank u. Do h think I should go with gold or silver will be ok?

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Depends on what kind of look you want. I like mixing metals.

img_0797.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe you could have a local jeweler reshape the prongs a little? So that they go up first and then out later, if you know what I mean? My ring is shaped like that, kind of hard to explain but if you se the picture maybe you will understand what I mean..

20160124_4.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results