shape
carat
color
clarity

My Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Or should I say her wedding band.
Naw its mine for now!! mine mine mine!! hehehehehehehe

The picture doesnt come close to doing justice to the rubies.
They are a darkish rich red with flashes of intence red under office lighting.
Under bright sunlight they are fireballs.
Under ge reveal pure white lightbulbs is when they look the best.
It shows the best combination of fire and shading.
Shaded sunlight is a close second.

They are 3mm naturals btw.
I will tell the story on how I came to have them later.

myring333.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
As promised the story of this ring.
For months I had the ring I wanted pictured
in my mind and set up to find the settings to make it.
I wanted a ~.25ct center diamond in a simple solitar 6 prongs for strength.
My mom had a 4 prong and it was always getting loose every couple years.
Then I wanted a wrap with 2 3mm rubies that formed a 3 stone look from the top and a stepped look from the side.
The solitar is a story in itself and I wont bore you with it now.

Anyway….
I found the setting I wanted on the net that properly adjusted would give the look I wanted.
Then I started looking around for rubies.
Locally all I found were not what I wanted they were either too purple or too pink.
How they can sell purple sapphire as ruby is beyond me but the majority of what I found locally was just that.
Following a link from here to diamondtalk I saw a post from Michael E about custom cut synthetic rubies.
I emailed him about having some cut the size and color I wanted.
He told me he would love to cut them for me but that at that size it wasn’t profitable for him to do so.
He offered to build the ring for me and do the adjustments I wanted and had a source for suitable rubies.
He matched the price on the setting and offered to do the work for the matched price of the settings and the price of the rubies.
This included moving the heads out to center on the e-ring, sizing, and mounting and if needed adjusting the spacing between them.
He offered a 30 day money back guarantee so I took a chance and the rest is history.

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a great idea! I love rubies, how's about a photo with the entire set on your hairy pinkie? Heheehee...
10.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would love to post a pic of them together but she has the other half of the set with her in NS Canada which is about 1700 miles away.
After we get married in may I will post a pic of the set.

What is funny about your question is my pinkies are the exact same ring size as her ring finger lol.
Thats how I got her ring size I asked to look at one of her rings that fit that finger and tried it on.
I then had my finger measured.
Life is strange sometimes. lol

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 11/22/2003 5:22:39 PM strmrdr wrote:

Or should I say her wedding band.
Naw its mine for now!! mine mine mine!! hehehehehehehe

The picture doesnt come close to doing justice to the rubies.
They are a darish rich red with flashes of intence red under office lighting.
Under bright sunlight they are fireballs.
Under ge reveal pure white lightbulbs is when they look the best.
It shows the best combination of fire and shading.
Shaded sunlight is a close second.

They are 3mm naturals btw.
I will tell the story on how I came to have them later.

----------------

Really neat ring...I like it alot...

It is always hard to capture the true depth of color and nature of gems on the net..
nono.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
btt

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you got yourself a couple of those rubies for your band ~ girls don''t need to have all the fun!

She is a lucky lady - you have obviously put alot of time and thought into what you wanted for her.

To coin a phrase, "Way kewl!"

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, way WAY Kewl Strm!
36.gif
36.gif
Very nice indeed!
3.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked at the sketch from the old thread showing the addition of two rubies. It''s certainly a possibility - especially given the fact that you like rubies so much.

I must say I was somewhat fascinated by the fact that you got a bezel set diamond in a ring that tapers to 3mm. That is a neat idea. Keeps the ring the size of a normal wedding band but incorporates a bezel set stone - never would have thought of that! Do you wear this ring now or are you waiting for the wedding?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2006 3:33:31 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
I looked at the sketch from the old thread showing the addition of two rubies. It's certainly a possibility - especially given the fact that you like rubies so much.

I must say I was somewhat fascinated by the fact that you got a bezel set diamond in a ring that tapers to 3mm. That is a neat idea. Keeps the ring the size of a normal wedding band but incorporates a bezel set stone - never would have thought of that! Do you wear this ring now or are you waiting for the wedding?

waiting for the wedding
after the wedding im going to have some custum work done on her rings to make them match up better because her ring wasnt here the rubies are a little far apart, im going to have my local guy bring them together for a perfect fit with the e-ring.
Thinking of having 2 3mm rubies added to my ring at the same time kinda symbolic like.

I have short but huge fingers/hands I cant wear wide rings so had to go narrow.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like a plan!

Hope you definitely get those rubies for yourself - it will make a nice matched set with her rings.

Thanks for sharing your rings ~ best wishes for a wonderful life together!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you :}

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
It looks awesome! I can''t wait to see the whole set together. You really put in a lot of thought and time on the set! What a lucky girl she is
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results