shape
carat
color
clarity

My ring now fits!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
My ring is size 6 and I''m 5-5.5, so my aunt bought this thing for me at a jewelry.. It''s great! now it doesn''t spin, it fits perfect, and when I take it off I just push it back.

I just wanted to share, I think it''s a great option. I''m just a little worried that it may scratch my ring, but if it does it will be in the back so it won''t look that bad hehe.

DSC01095.JPG

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock

DSC01087.JPG

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
I had one of those years ago and it scratched my ring up really bad, so be careful.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cool! Is there a reason you just don''t get it sized?

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
really?? is your ring plat or white gold?
32.gif

Tacori: because I'm really concerned about not being able to wear it while being pregnant and stuff.. and also because I don't want to leave it at the jewelry to get it sized hehe i would miss it a lot!!

rockbie

Rough_Rock
My ring keep turning sideway so i had one of those put in. It helped but it scratched my ring badly so I took it off.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Get sizing balls put it. That way they can take them out later.

rockbie

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/22/2006 1:50:26 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Tacori,
I''ve heard the balls are uncomfortable...so have you tried them?

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
I freaked out and took that thing off hehehe.. it did scratch my ring a little..
35.gif

rockbie

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/22/2006 1:58:18 PM
Author: anacgarcia
I freaked out and took that thing off hehehe.. it did scratch my ring a little..
35.gif
Anacgarcia,
If you don''t have big knukle like me sizing it down would be best
31.gif

my ring size 3.75 and if i make it any smaller it won''t go pass my knukle
38.gif

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/22/2006 2:13:04 PM
Author: rockbie
Date: 12/22/2006 1:58:18 PM

35.gif
Anacgarcia,

If you don''t have big knukle like me sizing it down would be best
31.gif

my ring size 3.75 and if i make it any smaller it won''t go pass my knukle
38.gif

I have the same problem knukle. I''m 5 but it''d be hard to take it off if I wore a 5 because of my knuckle

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2006 1:56:51 PM

Tacori,

I haven''t but there has been many threads on this. Do a search. I think most ladies didn''t even notice them.

rockbie

Rough_Rock
Someone told me to square the bottom of the ring would help too but I haven''t tried it yet
emsmile.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From what I have heard, those ring guard things are only meant to be temporary. I have had a few before and they really did scratch my rings bad. I have had the sizing balls, and I did not even notice them being there while wearing the ring.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely get the ring sized....those things scratch the heck out of your ring (personal experience as well!).

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/22/2006 1:56:51 PM

Tacori,

I have sizing balls because my knuckles are larger and my ring spins like crazy! I can''t feel them at all. They are also easy to remove if your fingers swell.

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
orbaya where did you get them? any jewelry?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great idea.
Thanks for the tip and taking the time to take pics.

You know that old saying, "A picture is worth a kilobyte of text."
9.gif

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I had shank pads which are just like the balls but flat, so that they are more comfortable. I did not find that they solved my problem, which is a larger knuckle and smaller finger and a spinning ring so I had them removed. I now have a butterfly spring which is super comfortable and makes my ring easy to get on/off without allowing it to spin.

ring3205940.jpg

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I had sizing balls and they drove me crazy! Can you say, "princess and the pea(s)?" lol I had to have them removed. My eternity band is a little lose (which I hear is good in case your knuckles swell as you age, etc) and what fixed that is surrounding it with other rings--locks it into place comfortably.

There is something else I found at a Claires that is those little rubber tube things with a length wise slit-you slip it over the back of the band. That kind of worked although had a tendency to pop off. Maybe your jeweler could resize yours just a bit in a day and you wouldn''t be apart too long.

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
I just bought (well my FI bought it for me, I just chose it) this tiny band to "protect" my ring..

The truth is it was just an excuse to have a tiny eternity band right now hehe, it's going to be my Christmas gift
9.gif

forgot to add the pic, here it is
DSC01052.jpg

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/22/2006 8:22:15 PM
orbaya where did you get them? any jewelry?

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I got them done at my local jewelry store...they have an instore bench jeweler and was able to do it right there.

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/24/2006 5:24:31 PM
I just bought (well my FI bought it for me, I just chose it) this tiny band to ''protect'' my ring..

The truth is it was just an excuse to have a tiny eternity band right now hehe, it''s going to be my Christmas gift
9.gif

forgot to add the pic, here it is
DSC01052.jpg
I love that tiny eternity band. Did you buy that locally? What''s the carat wt

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have had the balls (that does not sound right!!) in a couple pieces, they were not that uncomfortable you can get used to them quickly...

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
Hi Anny! I love your new eternity band, great idea, great excuse for a new ring!
2.gif
My jeweler had a great idea for me when we bought my new e-ring and it couldn''t be sized yet because the bench jeweler was out. I told her I hated the sizing guard (like the one you bought for your ring) because the metal irritated my fingers.

Sooo... she said she would wrap the bottom shank in... BANDAGE! I was skeptical at first, but now I am a fan. It''s super comfortable and it''s the color of my skin so it''s not too obvious at the bottom. You probably just have to replace it every week or so depending on how gunky it looks (from washing hands, etc.) Just wrap the bottom shank "x" number of times until you get the right size. It felt super secure to me.

Attached is a failed attempt at taking pictures of my ring when I first got it with the bandage on. Heehee.

JensNewEngagementRing9-03-06012.jpg

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
Another view of the bandage:
3.gif

JensNewEngagementRing9-03-06016.jpg

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
Thanx jennie!!!! I''m going to do that for sure!!! great idea
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results