shape
carat
color
clarity

My Ring - need Wedding Band Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tree9

Rough_Rock
I''ve been lurking for almost a year now and got engaged in August ''08 and I couldn''t be happier. My Fiancee is from New Zealand and really wanted my ring to be custom made by the jeweler that made his sister''s engagement ring and the ring his mother wears. After months of looking at pictures and sending them overseas we got sketches, loved them and I finally saw my ring after it traveled across the globe. I couldn''t be happier with the result but now I need to again scour stores and the internet for a wedding band (he again wants to use the jeweler from Auckland Ring). So I need help! I can''t decide if i should totally match (which I don''t really want to do) or if i should find something as unique as my ring. I found something in fortunoff and I liked it but i''m just not sure. please help!

My Ring:

Center - .88 ct Asscher G VSI
Sides - .24 trillian
5 one point stones pave set down each side

The ring i found at Fortunoff - Martin Flyer, bar set, 3 mm, .25 diamonds, platinum which i would have made in white gold, and the pattern would go all the way around the band. (which it does not on this ring)

http://www.solomonbrothers.com/Jewelry_5226WBPL-1_95141

n595651918_919141_1785 (2).jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a clickable link
http://www.solomonbrothers.com/Jewelry_5226WBPL-1_95141

Your ering turned out gorgeous! Lots of bling! I think non-matchy would be good. I'm just not sure if that one is too far off the way it has a rounded
top and your ring is flat on the sides. Dont get me wrong...I think the M Flyer is beautiful but I'm not sure about it with your ering. I'm thinking
something lower profile then the rounded M Flyer one. I'll go look around and see if I can find anything that I think would look cool with it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How bout a little asscher band

http://www.facetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=1056

or

http://www.facetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=2624

A lot of brides with substantial erings (yours is!) are choosing to wear a wedding band on their right hands...that way they can pick anything they want.
Have you considered that?

I''ll keep looking for more
9.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Your e-ring is stunning!!! I personally like the look of the asscher bands that tyty posted!

Tree9

Rough_Rock
I''ve considered so much and I tried on a ton of things and so far the only thing i liked was the martin flyer. I really have an open canvas - whatever I tell him I could get. If I asked for the sides to be flat to match my ring I know they woudl do it. I just hadnt'' found the right thing. Pave or Micropave seemed too matchy, i tried on a shared prong and it seemed to overwhelm my ring. I didn''t want to wear them separately so I was desperately trying to find the "right" thing and then send it overseas and leave myself enough time if I need changes. I''m so glad for help though.
Ive attached a hand shot for a better idea.

DSCN0059 (4).jpg

Tree9

Rough_Rock
Sorry thats HUGE I dont know what happened or how to fix it/delete it!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your ering, its gorgeous
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Were you able to try the M Flyer on with your ering? If yes, and you liked it then thats what matters. I was assumming that you had
just found a picture and wanted opinions.

I''m still keeping my eyes open for something I think would look good...its definitly not an easy setting to find something to go with but
the uniqueness is what makes it special!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!! I don''t think I''ve seen trillions with an asscher before, but I really love it!! I personally would get something fairly simple to let your e-ring shine. I would probably get a pave ring that has a similar width and pave typeas the side of your ring and maybe get it curved so it can fit flush. A plain band would also look great.

Tree9

Rough_Rock
I like the pattern on the 71940 but I actually liked the idea of it not sitting flush with my e-ring. I tried on the martin flyer and i thought it looked good but i didn''t know if it was just the heat of the moment of trying on wedding bands with my fiancee or if it really looked good. and the bad part is that the store filed from bankruptcy so i can''t even go back and try it on again. I''m panicked about telling this person what to do. especially since all they know about me is an e-ring they designed for me.

Thank you for all the compliments on my e-ring. I tried on one with a round and i really wanted an asscher and i just figured why not combine them? the sketches looked awesome and it looks even better in real life. now i just need to make another decision...and its impossible. i''m really loving all the help though!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your e-ring, its classic and stunning!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You might also ask the person who made your ring for some suggestions...they may have some ideas of what looks good. Are your round diamonds
pave set or channel? They look like channel to me.

Edit - never mind...I see that you said they are pave
9.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you ask the person who made your ring for suggesetions...also point him to the M Flyer that you like.

Tree9

Rough_Rock
Thats a really great idea. Hopefully he gets what i''m looking for without ever meeting me. I guess I will find out. I just wanted to give him some guidance and i wasn''t sure if i was blinded by bling or if i really liked that. I worried it wasn''t "right".

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results