shape
carat
color
clarity

My ring is in! Check it out!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vmohan

Rough_Rock

I''m proposing on December 2nd, and my ring is in. I hope she loves it! Here are the stats:

Shape RD
Size 1.76
Color F
Clarity VS1
Table 55
Depth 61.9
Rpt GIA
Measurement 07.79X07.81X04.83

Check it out!

myring092277.jpg

vmohan

Rough_Rock
Another shot

myring092278.jpg

vmohan

Rough_Rock
The backround is hideous because I shot these pics in the bank safe deposit vault screening room...

myring092279.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Love it :)

alyson423

Rough_Rock
Wow- what a striking ring- hope your future fiancee likes attention!
36.gif
Congratulations and best of luck!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow! It is such a unique ring! And a gorgeous diamond!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

May I ask, did she tell you that this was the type of ring she wanted?

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
congratulations on finding the one you want to spend the rest of your life with! The ring is beautiful, very unique and structurally interesting to look at!
1.gif

vmohan

Rough_Rock
Rascal49 - Yes! Trust me, this was a HUGE endeavor - she and I shopped together for what felt like an eternity. We found that she gravtated towards more modern settings that were "different" from what most women wear after the third or fourth week of shopping. She settled on 3 or 4 designs that she really liked and left it up to me to make the final choice. I loved this one from the beginning because it''s so out of the norm, yet elegant and classy.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~That ring is very unique, and beautiful!!!
30.gif

vmohan

Rough_Rock
SanDiegoLady - thanks for the nice complements! We thought about going the custom route, but decided against it in the end.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Then, she is going to be so happy!!! Can''t wait for some hand pics!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
it looks like a very lovely diamond choice! definitely an interesting setting...people will definitely notice it!!

beautiful...congrats to be!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2005 1:47:46 PM
Author:

I loved this one from the beginning because it''s so out of the norm, yet elegant
And that is precisely why I like it too!
37.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful diamond and the setting is different indeed. Very unique!!! She will love it!!

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
How heavy is that? That''s some chunk of platinum!

vmohan

Rough_Rock
sistagrl2004, it''s pretty heavy. We talked about the pluses and minuses of going heavy, and my GF was cool with the weight.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Cool design! It sounds like she will be very happy with it, but still have the element of surprise! Good Job!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
beautiful stone! I love how you can see the whole profile of the stone with the tension settings. I am sure she will be thrilled!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is a very unique and modern ring. Any ideas for the wedding band?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow - that ring is like a piece of art! She better get ready for some attention! After the proposal I''d love to see a direct, head on shot of what the ring looks like from the top, but not at an angle. Do you see any of the bridge beneath the stone? It''s a really striking setting that will definitely be noticed, and very cool that the diamond is so visible, suspended in air almost!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
The diamond is a great size and if your girlfriend loves the setting then you''re onto a winner. Congratulations!

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
SF228 or anyone else I have had an infactuation with tension set rings for sometime. and my bf and i were talking and after a few cocktails and i got some info out of him that he has contacted a few jewlers about a custom made tension set ring. Now after lurking around the PS site... i am thinking mmmm not such a good idea... because they seem to be a bit more delicate...

SF228 did you and your gf discuss this problem or issue?

vmohan

Rough_Rock
snogirl17, the stability of tension mounts was a big deal to us. We really liked the look of tension mounts, but did quite a bit of research and decided that this was something we didn''t want to do. The setting you see here is actually NOT a tension setting. There are very small channels carved in either side of the setting in which the diamond sits (they''re pretty hard to see). This small difference (the presence of grooves) entirely changes the properties of the ring so that even a significant jolt to the ring shouldn''t pop out the stone. (true tension settings have no grooves - they just rely on a lot of force to hold a diamond between two perfectly flat surfaces). This, of course, didn''t stop us from getting this sucker insured anyways!

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
AHHHHH that makes a bit more sence! but really i LOVE the ring i really do!
Now it makes me wonder if the jewlers has suggested the chanels on each side to get the same look without the worry about the delicate setting.. of course i am sure she still will be extra careful!

if you dont mind i believe you said it was not custom.... would you mind sharing the jewler?

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
That ring is very beautiful. She will love it.

shay

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful, unique ring. I love looking at all of the angles, the diamond, which appears to be floating & the sheer architecture of the ring. It really is like a piece of art. Simple, modern & edgy, but classic as well. It will definitely get a lot of attention! Be sure to post some hand shots after you propose--I can''t wait to see this baby on your FI''s hand!

The setting for my ring is pretty heavy too. I was initially shocked by this (my FI said it weighed 12 lbs!), but actually like the way it feels on my finger. It feels substantial & weighty. I just hope it doesn''t turn too much on my finger when it gets cold out...
2.gif

Psychobroker

Rough_Rock
What a cool, ascertive ring! That rock''s bling bling too ;-)

vmohan

Rough_Rock
Hi Beanie - it''s Jewelers of Palo Alto.

Good luck!

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
Well SF228
how did it go???? was it everything you hoped for???

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
opps sorry,
i got soo excited for you that i thought for some reason it was this past weekend.. but it isnt till this saturday... well keep us posted!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results