shape
carat
color
clarity

My ring is done!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

After 6 months of searching for the center stone and several more months looking at a zillion setting ideas, here's the result. My goal was to have an engagement/wedding ring with an attention getting center stone that would stand on its own. I added a sprinkling of diamonds just because I couldn't give up those little buggers altogether. I had the stone set at a slight angle so it wouldn't interfere with the movement of my knuckle

28.gif

Many thanks to everyone who participated in my setting angst by adding photos of setting ideas in the colored stone forum.

Ring specs:

3.21 spinel, VS, mixed cushion cut; can't remember the weight of the diamonds--they're bead set, VS, F; band is custom made in platinum; ring size is 6. It's a little big so I'll have resized in a week or so....I've waited so long for it that I just have to wear it for awhile before I take it back for a final fitting. The ring was designed and made by a hometown jeweler.

faceon.jpg

reena

Ideal_Rock
sounds amazing-but we can''t see the pics! post more soon--and congrats!
36.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sorry the photos are huge. I used macro and saved them smaller, really I did

20.gif

bottom.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Last one. Thanks for bearing with me.

holdside.jpg

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock

Matata I''m so excited for you! Your ring turned out beautiful and the stone is a gorgeous color! (I hope you don''t mind but I resized these pics for you.)

Congratulations!!!!

KSparkles

Rough_Rock
Wow that is so beautiful - and the red is such a vibrant, rich color. Makes me want a colored stone!!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
matata, was that worth waiting for or what?
6.gif
love the spinel, such a rich red, and the setting completes the ring. congrats!!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Again, a luscious choice. So rich & beautiful!
9.gif
30.gif
1.gif

sdm

Rough_Rock
Your ring is just beautiful. I love that shade of red.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata,

I have my own photo problems because we just moved. I cannot connect my camera to the computer until I get a cord I ordered, for instance. I will see if I can reduce the size of the pictures using Photoshop, though. (Ana could probably reduce its size and make it seem as if it was being worn on your right hand during your wedding-complete with the wedding attire you will actually choose-but I don't have her talents ;-) .)

As I said earlier, it is exquisite. And red gems are my thing :).

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well...I resized and cropped the photo, but I cannot post it. I get a message telling me to contact the system administrator. Sorry!

Deb

Just saw Ana had resized all your photos in the other thread (in Colored Stones). Were those photos there all along!!?? I only noticed the one in which she skewed your ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results