shape
carat
color
clarity

My ring is arriving tomorrow morning....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Tiffany, 1.03 ct. round solitaire in platinum. Its an H color and a VS1 stone.
30.gif

I''m a little nervous about the color because I wanted a G or up, but this ring showed up on signedpieces and I couldn''t resist. I asked that my fiance have it shipped overnight because I too impatient (we''ve been engaged for a couple of months). I''m going to have the ring resized from a 6.25 to a 6 but I don''t think I''ll be able to part with it for awhile.

I have no photos to stare at (or share) because they''re too efficient and removed them from the website asap.
8.gif
Anyways, I''ve heard great things about signedpieces and visited their booth in NYC so I''m excited!

Yikes, should I get insurance on this ring asap? My fiance is purchasing the ring on his Amex so I think they have some theft/loss protection for a limited time?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Winternight!

Congratulations, your ring sounds beautiful!!!! Yes, I would absolutely have it insured! I told FI to have my ring insured before it left the jewelers for the last time, and certainly before it got on my finger. Can''t take any chances! All it takes is a phone call to the insurance company, and they will require you to fax them a copy of the appraisal, and that is that!!!

ps- I wouldnt worry about the "H" color in a Tiffany diamond. All of their diamonds are superbly cut, I am sure it will be super white and sparkle like mad! Post pics when you get it! YAY!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sure its going to be beautiful! I can''t wait to see your pictures.
36.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi winternight and CONGRATULATIONS!

I''m a big fan of Signed Pieces too. I think I remember seeing your ring on their site - it''s going to be stunning I''m sure!

I think you should get started on the insurance thing right away. I have my jewlery scheduled on a rider to my homeowners policy. If you don''t own a home and have tenants insurance, I think you can get a similar "personal articles" policy. I''ve seen threads about Jewelers Mutual too, but I don''t know much about them.

I generally send my insurance company a copy of the invoice and a copy of the appraisal. Then I insure the piece for somewhere in between - a value for which I think I''d be able to replace the piece. You don''t want to pay a premium based on a retail value that seems inflated. If the retail value is fair, then insure for that amount.

Please be sure to post pictures!
36.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
awww... congrats wn!! I''m glad you''ve found what you were looking for :)

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Great!

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! You should be able to take it to Tiffany''s for sizing and polishing. I''m not sure if there is a fee though. I think polishing is free.

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!!! Great choice. I am so excited for you, can''t go wrong with SP.

Don''t worry about the H color. My Tiffany 1.35c is an I and it faces up white.

You can take your ring to Tiffany for free sizing and polishing at anytime.

Please post pics tomorrow.

Any ideas as to what you want for a band?

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! Please please post pics tomorrow!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
H should be a fine color, face up very WHITE!!! Please come back with pics. Insurance is a really good idea for peace of mind. Jewelersmutual and Chubb are the big names for that.

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
Congrats and can''t wait to see the pictures. I don''t have any of my jewelry insured. I don''t think it would be a problem if you can''t get a policy that kicks in right away.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results