shape
carat
color
clarity

My ring!!!! :-) Finally but need feedback

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Michelle99

Rough_Rock
Well after 4 years I think we have picked out my ring of my dreams..... after telling my friend about it she said I am dumb to get platinum as it scratches more then white gold and doesn''t last as long (that is no what my the sales person said) is that true?

Also-- is is a princess cut 1 carat diamond with 1 carat side stones. VI1 with clarity H on all the stones... for $8,200 USD is that steep? ot a good deal? its the nicest I have seen nice shine looks great.....

looking for feedback thanks
love.gif

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Hi Michelle99 - I thought I was bad taking a few months to find my ring of dreams!
Where are the photos?
I have found the white gold/platinum argument basically comes down to preferance. I will be mounting my princess in white gold cause that's what all my jewelry is, its cheaper and I kinda like the off-white color it fades too after a few years. I've worn a white gold ring every day for 2 1/2 years and it still looks shiny and white unless next to a new ring. I dislike platinum because of the metallic hue it takes on. I recommend searching for past threads on the issue, I learned a lot.
A full 3 carats for $8,000? My friend spent $10,000 on 2 carats (the diamonds were pretty perfect though).
I know nothing of price, but I bet someone here could tell you if you give them all the measurements on the stones you have.
Sounds like a beauty though! And please post photos!
Congratulations on the find.
Jenibear

RoughRider

Rough_Rock
Hi Michelle,
I read on the GOG site that platinum does scratch easier than gold. If you go to the "for sale" section, under settings, there is an informational chart describing platinum vs. white gold.

Your ring sounds killer!
2.gif
I'm not very knowledgable on prices, though.

Craig

Michelle99

Rough_Rock
Well it has been bought -- just not on my finger yet. That is suppose to be a surprise... but here a link of the pic below:

http://www.helzberg.com/hdsim/jsp/catalog.do?link=catalog&product_id=1514187&channelName=%3C%21--E--%3ERings&BV_SessionID=@@@@1494779700.1059458542@@@@&programId=&channelId=-8808&rootChannelName=%2FCommerce+Navigation%2F%3C%21--A--%3EJewelry&BV_EngineID=ccceadcikjhddfdcflgcefkdfkjdffj.0

kinda long--- but brings you right there... I am not sure of the diamentions of the ring... didnt think it was too important until I read this forum. Might have to ask my man to see the appraisal report....
read.gif

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
I don't know but it didn't work for me.

And your stats seem a little off. VI1 clarity? Do you mean VS1 or SI1 or I1? There is no VI- might want to check on that?

Are they all one carat stones or is it a one carat center stone with 2 sidestones with the TOTAL weight of 1 carat? (meaning .50ct each?)

Maybe if you copy the picture and SAVE it to your computer you can upload it here. The link did not work for me when I copied and pasted it. Did it work for anyone else??

Looking forward to seeing it!!
:) CONGRATS!!!

Michelle99

Rough_Rock
V1I and total on the side diamonds equal 1 carat... but the center stone is 1carat

here is the pic

1514187lg.jpg

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Michelle 99 - OOPs - my bad. I assumed you meant 1 carat each sidestones. For those who can't get the link, I'll describe it. It's 1 ct. of channel set princess sidestones and a 1 ct. center. The setting looks like one Diana offers and I thought about. I tried to save the photo of Michelle99's ring and post it here but it's a bitmap image and can't be uploaded. I'll look for the Diana picture I think I have on my computer.
Jenibear

Michelle99

Rough_Rock
What is a dianna offer????

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
What is VI1? Do you mean SI1?

Michelle99

Rough_Rock
oops I did it again VS1--- i dont know where that other # is coming from-------------duh!
sick.gif

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Guess Michelle99 posted before I could finish my thought - I need a coffee! How did you do it? I must be a moron cause it didn't work for me.
Anyway, the ring is really pretty!
Diana is the name of an engagement ring company, but I looked at the photo and the rings are similar, but not exact matches. The Diana ring sits higher up and the metal around the sidestones is thicker.
I still don't understand the V clarity?! I must be having an off night.
Jenibear

Michelle99

Rough_Rock
its not you.. its me---- I need the coffee

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Hee Hee Michelle 99. I'll be getting a coffee in a few seconds!
Well I did a pricescope search mostly to appease my own curiosity and found this one carat princess from Mondera.com for $3849. Don't know if this is better or worse than your center. And don't know how much settings go for with 1 ct. tw of princess stones. I guess it depends on the quality of stones and the ring maker.
H
VS1
depth 73%
table 67%
Girdle: sl thk
Cutlet: no
Symmetry: gd
Polish: vg
Flourescence: no
Measurements: 5.430x5.370x3.92
Jenibear

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depending on the quality you may be overpaying. Actually, chances are you are overpaying, esp for a B&M store like Helzbergs...not to mention they are a maul jeweler. I would check out that ring with a fine tooth comb, get it appraised.

You may find that the stone itself is not the best cut...it's hard to find well-cut princess stones. You may find that you would like to get something in a princess shape that reflects more light. Or you may love the ring regardless. You really won't know until you get the ring, but I would have it independently appraised (not by the maul jeweler) to get a real idea of the quality of the stone and to be sure you did not overpay tremendously. Ask the appraiser to NOT inflate the appraisal price for the sake of retail....ask them to give it to you straight.

IMO, the setting itself should not be $5k...a setting like that with 1ctw of stones maybe around $2k if even that...depending on where you get it--quality of sidestones, quality of metal, etc.

Also, remember that you should ask to view the stone outside the store or near a natural lighted window...jewelry store lights have fooled many a buyer. Shop smart!

Best of luck...hope it turns out great.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results