shape
carat
color
clarity

My Richard Homer/Wink sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Wink sent me the pic of the sapphire I just bought. He received the stone today, but hasn''t had time to take a video of it. Here is a pic:

mysapphire.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Ohh, love the intense blue! Love your kitty also, is that a siamese?

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks. Yes, he''s a Siamese/Javanese variant -a seal lynx point in color.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! I never saw a Richard Homer stone in a regular facet pattern before.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 10:16:51 PM
Author: mochi
Ohh, love the intense blue! Love your kitty also, is that a siamese?
me too, gorgeous!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Oooh I love sapphires. Really nice looking stone.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone! What are you planning for the setting? Isn''t your other ring by Maytal?

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, LtFirecracker, Kaleigh, Skippy, innerkitten and diamondseeker!

Diamondseeker, wow you have quite a memory! My engagement ring is by Maytal. This stone is going to go into Coatimundi''s James Meyer setting. I''ve already talked to him. I''d like the shank to be white gold, and perhaps the "wraps" to be yellow gold. Jim suggested that I have him make the bezel yellow gold as well, because he thinks blue sapphires look good in yellow. I don''t know because maybe it will be too much contrast? Or maybe the platinum bezel would deaden the color? I want the ring to come off as more "white" than yellow though, because I have been more into white metals lately. What do you all think? If the shank is white and the wraps are yellow, should the bezel be yellow gold or platinum? Or should the whole ring be white? (platinum bezel, white gold shank, platinum wraps) So confused-ha ha! Help!

jamesmeyerring.jpg

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, I just posted that JM ring all by myself! My DH had to help me post the picture of the sapphire. I am computer illiterate as a general rule-lol!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely stone. Great color. It would look dynamite in that setting too.

secondhandnews

Shiny_Rock
Oh Cind11!!!! That is going to be a fabulous ring. Aren''t Wink and Richard wonderful to work with! I envy you for knowing just how you want to set your sapphire. I am suffering from setting committment. But I digress. You have a beautiful sapphire!!!

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous sapphire, and I think the setting will be beautiful - I am more of a single-tone person but that is just me - maybe one of the photoshop experts can help out with a visual
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful sapphire!!!! I''m excited to see the finished product with a colored stone!! Any idea when it will be complete?

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Wait until you see the stone before deciding on anything. Color could be a bit diferent than the photo suggests (you never know).

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Wow, lovely stone. It''s such a pretty blue!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone! The blue is almost electric.

I agree with the others who said to wait until you see it in person. I am not much of a two-tone person but I do think that you could get away with a YG bezel and wraps. IMHO, yellow and blue were just meant to be together.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That stone looks AMAZING
30.gif
30.gif

I vote for yellow gold wraps and a white metal bezel, because I tend to prefer the tones that white metals bring out in sapphires, but I think it will be beautiful either way.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 12:56:06 AM
Author: secondhandnews
Oh Cind11!!!! That is going to be a fabulous ring. Aren''t Wink and Richard wonderful to work with! I envy you for knowing just how you want to set your sapphire. I am suffering from setting committment. But I digress. You have a beautiful sapphire!!!
Thanks secondhandnews. I actually haven''t talked to Richard, but Wink is such a nice guy. I think my stone is your stone''s little sister-lol. I would have loved to have bought a stone of your size. I saw the JM ring and just knew that was it! Hopefully, your setting will jump out at you too!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 1:57:21 AM
Author: FrekeChild
That is a beautiful sapphire!!!! I''m excited to see the finished product with a colored stone!! Any idea when it will be complete?
The last time I talked to Jim Meyer, I told him I thought I had a sapphire. So, I never asked him how long it would take. Wink still has the sapphire. I hope (maybe) he''ll ship it to me on Monday?

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the compliments marcyc, babysteps, Freke, SDL, princessplease, Clairtek, and Amber Gretchen!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 4:08:49 AM
Author: ma re
Wait until you see the stone before deciding on anything. Color could be a bit diferent than the photo suggests (you never know).
Yes, you''re right. I should wait until I actually see the stone before deciding anything. But it is fun to think about!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
WOW that stone is beautiful! Post pics as soon as you get it!

ls

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Wait a second, you get the maylay and this baby? Lucky you. I bet it''s more lovely in person than in the photo. C''mon Wink, no video?

Enjoy! Do you get to see it in person before it''s set?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
That is going to be a STUNNING ring! I like the idea of the yellow gold bezel.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
LostSapphire, I LOVE your sapphire-so gorgeous!

Mercoledi, I have been a bit over the top buying both these stones but... What can I say?

Yes, I am going to have Wink send me the stone first and then I''ll send it to JM.

Wink said he''d take the video today. I hope he''ll post it, because I probably won''t know how!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 3:49:21 PM
Author: Cind11
LostSapphire, I LOVE your sapphire-so gorgeous!

Mercoledi, I have been a bit over the top buying both these stones but... What can I say?

Yes, I am going to have Wink send me the stone first and then I''ll send it to JM.

Wink said he''d take the video today. I hope he''ll post it, because I probably won''t know how!
Thanks, Geckodani. JM seemed to think the yellow gold bezel would be best. That''s why I''m glad I get to see the stone first. Then maybe I can play around with it and maybe I''ll know the direction I should go in for the metal color.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2 stunning sapphires from Richard Homer in traditional flat faceting!
30.gif
It cheers me up to see such quality gemstones.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/12/2009 3:33:31 PM
Author: Cind11
Date: 3/12/2009 1:57:21 AM

Author: FrekeChild

The last time I talked to Jim Meyer, I told him I thought I had a sapphire. So, I never asked him how long it would take. Wink still has the sapphire. I hope (maybe) he''ll ship it to me on Monday?

Gosh, I hope you don''t mind, I shipped it to you moments after I finished the video that I sent you earlier. You will have it tomorrow.

Wink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results