shape
carat
color
clarity

My revised half bezel e-ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JennaJ

Rough_Rock

Hi all,

wow it has been months since I lasted posted! I was one of the members of original "ladies in waiting" club, got engaged in Sept 2004.

We had my e-ring designed by a local jeweller, my fiance bought the diamond about 4 months prior. After the first inital meeting with the jewellery designer I was out of the loop, and didn't see the ring until my fiance proposed with it I really really liked it, but it was a little chunkier than I had imagined it would be. I got used to it though, but was passing by my jeweller last month, went in to see him, and we revised my e-ring slightly then and there - the band was narrowed about 0.5mm and the knife edge made more prominent. I liked my e-ring before, but I LOVE it now - so thought I'd come show it off! It might be interesting for others who like the bezel look to see as well, as I've never before seen a half bezel with a knife edge like mine before....

? Just tried to add more than one pic to my post, but I can't seem to? Oh well, first pic is the original e-ring "hand in the scanner shot"

And I just tried to edit the post title to read revised half bezel and it won't let me.....anyone?

sjj1.JPG

JennaJ

Rough_Rock
Second pic of the side view of original e-ring (this hasn''t changed)

sjj2.JPG

JennaJ

Rough_Rock
This is my revised e-ring with the sharper knife edge and narrower band - I love it!
emteeth.gif

sjj3.JPG

Camellia

Shiny_Rock
That looks good. Glad you''re happy. Do you have any more pics to share?

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
love the knife edge setting jenna! so glad you like it even better now. more pics!!
1.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oooooohhh, me like!! Very much!! I''m so glad that you were able to eventually get EXACTLY what you wanted!!

And please, PLEEEAAASSSEEE more pics!!

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
I would love to see a hand shot of the new version, alongside the original hand shot. Just to see the difference between the two since the change sounded very minimal (0.5mm) but it sounds like you are so much more pleased. Congrats on getting it the way you like!

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Fantastic!! I second the request for before and after pics.
Congratulations!

JennaJ

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone
emteeth.gif
- I love it too!

Hmm, well I tried to post the before and after together but didn't really work - also they are at different scales so it's hard to tell, but here is the "after" hand in the scanner shot. It doesn't look very different, in fact most people can't notice the difference, but I can
emsmile.gif

I'll have to try and get some more shots aside from the scanner ones!

hand.newband.jpg

JennaJ

Rough_Rock
Here's another "after" scanner pic - you can sort of see the knife edge though...

eringclosescan.jpg

JennaJ

Rough_Rock
And here''s an original hand side view - you can see how the band is almost as wide as the diamond, which has now changed...

e.ringsidehand.jpg

JennaJ

Rough_Rock
Oh, and for those interested in the details on the diamond:

GIA, "Ice Ideal" cut
0.70 carat
F
VS2
5.87 x 5.90
Depth 58.6%
Table 57%
Girdle 1.02%
Cutlet 0.5%
Crown 31.5
Pavilion 40.6

HCA 1.2 BIA
1.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
JennaJ - I remember you from LIW! SOOO long ago. :)
Your ring is beautiful.. and I do see the improvement .It makes your stone stand out more with the narrower band.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Jenna, I''m glad you had it modified to suit you. I did the same thing with my original e-ring. It was a solitaire on a 4mm band and I had the band shaved down to about 3mms so that the diamond stood out more. I evenutally had it shaved down to about 1 1/2 or 2 mms.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! The ring looks absolutely perfect--the workmanship is amazing!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results