shape
carat
color
clarity

My review of Golden Bird of Etsy purchases

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought 2 Moissy items from Golden Bird of Etsy, a tiny pair of huggies of 1.0cttw in white gold (can't remember the purity and his shop is no longer available :confused:) and a 1ct heart cut set in a Sterling Silver ring.

The ring is not with me yet, however the earrings arrived today.

They are nice, the Moissy stones very white and sparkly. They sit nicely on my big fat earlobes, just big enough to hug them which is what I want.

Big enough to be worn on their own compared with my tiny diamond huggies that I wear with drops. Can be worn casually without feeling over blinged which is great.

I am very pleased with them.

20200218_135940.jpg

20200218_140140.jpg

I shall post about the ring when it eventually arrives, as I have a story to tell! :rolleyes:

DK :))

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
I just love huggie earrings. These looks wonderful on you, @dk168.
Looking forward to seeing your ring when it arrives.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think the ear rings look really lovely on you and they are the perfect size for everyday wear. I hope your ring arrives safely and you’re happy with it.
I wonder why shop is no longer available?

sunandsky

Shiny_Rock
I think he’s moved to his own website. perhaps due to Etsy fees?

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this the same seller as golden_bird_jewels on ebay?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, the ring saga is finally over, when they refunded me for the heart shaped Moissy today.

I had to chase for updates a few times, and said if it was not resolved within 48h then I shall file a complaint for non-delivery, and they offered me a refund on the stone.

The ring was never sent to me.

I wanted a chunky ring with thick bezel, with these 2 rings of their own
as inspiration, one with thick bezel, another with a wide band:

Screenshot_20200208-191808_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200208-191825_Chrome.jpg

This is the first CAD l received:

Screenshot_20200208-192003_Chrome.jpg

So I referred them to their two rings again, asking for a thick bezel and wider band, and this is the second CAD I received :roll2: :

Screenshot_20200208-191920_Chrome.jpg

I do not have a clue why they turned the stone 90deg, and raised this as an issue.

The next CAD I received is the exact same CAD as the first! WTF?! :roll2:

By this stage, I was getting exasperated. I sent a detailed message about why the CAD was wrong and what I was after, and included a 2D drawing of my own as illustration:

Screenshot_20200208-192109_Chrome.jpg

I was assured they understood what I was after. This is the next CAD received:

Screenshot_20200208-191729_Chrome.jpg

It is closer to what I had in mind, so I approved it.

I was then sent a video of the finished ring, and my heart dropped. Below is pic from the video:

Screenshot_20200208-192232_Chrome.jpg

It looks more like the original CAD and not the CAD I approved, with a thin bezel and the band does not look like 4mm at the top.

I was so disheartened at this stage, I just said it was not what I wanted, however I was not going to waste anymore time and energy on this project, and requested for the ring to be sent to me.

They said they would hold it back from shipment, not sure why, however it was never sent to me with the earrings.

I repeated asked what is happening with the ring, and was even referred to the tracking number for the earrings alone at one stage!

I had to remind them that I had received the earrings under that tracking number, and reported the missing ring right away the day I received it on 18 Feb.

I finally got my refund for my stone today, after stating I would file a complaint if this is not resolved within 48h.

I do not know whether it is a communication or language issue.

I had thought my request for customisation was a simple one, using their own products as illustrations. :roll2:

I have had a lot more complicated projects with the usual bench in China that I work with, apart from one or two minor hiccups largely down to me not being sufficiently specific or provided the wrong information, all is well the pieces they made for me.

Based on my own experience, I would never recommend this vendor for custom work.

I am unlikely to buy off the shelf from them again.

DK :rolleyes:

Patricia84

Rough_Rock
Wow I can't understand why they couldn't give you what you wanted because to me it was pretty clear. It kind of seems like they didn't want to make your ring??? Very strange indeed. At least your earrings are nice!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow I can't understand why they couldn't give you what you wanted because to me it was pretty clear. It kind of seems like they didn't want to make your ring??? Very strange indeed. At least your earrings are nice!

FK?!

To me, they tried to please on one hand, yet very inept in delivering their promises.

Not wasting time with them anymore for certain. A valuable lesson learnt.

DK :))

Jujeh

Rough_Rock
I have experience with a similar Indian seller on Etsy. Their descriptions are written the same way, the photos are similar, etc. I think they are colleagues.

I also had disappointments with a custom order. I ordered something that was supposed to be similar to an I-J colored diamond and it is actually like an O-P colored diamond or worse. Unfortunately it's a rather unappealing brown-yellow shade. I normally love brown diamonds but it was eh.

I really wouldn't rely on these sellers for custom orders. It may work out but if I wanted anything custom, I would go with one of the Chinese sellers.

However, I do think their settings are very high quality.

(Note, again, I'm not trying to stereotype all Indian sellers. But certain ones all have very similar listings to the point that it's like they are from the same company. You will get what I mean if you browse etsy for a while.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results