shape
carat
color
clarity

My reset had to be reset... Emerald cut in Rose Gold

CDNTech

Rough_Rock
Here''s my original thread... https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-done-and-its-perfect-ec-reset.103221/

So what I''ve discovered over the past year is that I am one of the rare people to be allergic to palladium.
7.gif
Which means my ring had to be redesigned because I didn''t like the style I had chosen for any other gold, but white. I pored over pictures here, went ring shopping with dh to see what we liked, and we came up with the perfect design together. It came in today, just in time for mother''s day.

The ring is gorgeous and perfect.
30.gif
We chose rose gold because I don''t particularly care for yellow gold and there''s no way I should be allergic to rose gold since it is made with the same alloys as yellow gold... so don''t want to go through that again! We also upgraded my diamond at the same time...

Specs...
.71ct Emerald Cut SI1 (totally eyeclean), D colour
5.82 x 4.56 x 3.15
length to width ratio 1.27
cut good
depth percentage 69.1%
Table percentage 76%
girdle medium

There are 16 .03ct SI1 princess cut diamonds channel set into a 2.5mm band with a 2.3mm plain matching wedding band. Both rings sized to a 5.

The best thing is how well this all turned out... even though my ring was technically over a year old, our jeweller (People''s) went above and beyond in completely redesigning the ring and getting me a much better center stone without charging me a single cent! So happy with them.
30.gif

CDNTech

Rough_Rock
Ta da!

Close up Finger 1.jpg

CDNTech

Rough_Rock
Sorry that was really big... trying to make it a bit smaller.

Side finger 1.jpg

CDNTech

Rough_Rock
Profile.

Profile 1.jpg

CDNTech

Rough_Rock
Close up of my stone.

The stone 1 .jpg

CDNTech

Rough_Rock
Side shot 1.

Side shot 1.jpg

CDNTech

Rough_Rock
side shot 2

Side shot 2.jpg

CDNTech

Rough_Rock
Fun with lego 1

Fun with lego 1.jpg

CDNTech

Rough_Rock
Fun with lego 3

Fun with lego 2.jpg

CDNTech

Rough_Rock
Fun with lego 3... that''s it for now. :D

Fun with lego 3.jpg

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely and unique rig set! I adore EC in pink!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! That is absolutely stunning!!!
30.gif
23.gif
31.gif

Congrats. I really think you have a lovely set.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
congratulations - I love the rose gold
30.gif

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
So pretty! I love rose gold and emerald cuts!

ETA- How disappointing about your allergy. Did you notice it right away or did it come on slowly?

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, the rose gold really makes your EC pop, its lovely.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
I love your set!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

nice ice

Shiny_Rock
I love your ring! The richness of the rose gold allows the stone to shine~ congratulations
1.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh is that stunning! The color of the rose gold is just perfect. And I like your new wedding band. They go together so well.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful reset! I love rose gold.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set!

CDNTech

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much! I am going to have them thin the wedding band down just a touch. They tapered it and thinned it at the bottom of my finger and I much prefer how that part looks next to the engagement ring... it really allows the engagement to take center stage, so I''m going to ask them to make it uniform in that thickness/width all the way around the ring. Plus if it spins, it will never look different and I won''t care.

The allergy came on almost immediately, but slowly. By the time I really noticed it bothering me and itching, a few months had gone past. I was using a new soap at the time and wrongly assumed that it was from the soap residue getting stuck under my ring. So I stopped using the soap and waited for it to go away.... few weeks later, it was still there. Now I figured I just wasn''t letting it dry enough and there was moisture sitting under the ring and irritating my finger... so I thoroughly dried them and waited for another 6 - 7 weeks. Still wasn''t disappearing, so I took off the ring completely and waited... within a week the rash disappeared. Now I figured I had cleared my finger and went back to wearing them... few more weeks go by and the rash started to reappear. It finally dawned on me that maybe I was having a reaction to the ring itself... it never occurred to me in the beginning because I was told that no one is allergic to palladium. I went online and found a few people like me... very few, but they were out there.

That''s when I went back to the store and they were wonderful... they did a full return on my family/generational ring because I didn''t want it in anything other than palladium and didn''t have the money for a platinum upgrade. I was also scared to try platinum because of the palladium allergy... just didn''t want to go through that again. That was almost a $4k return over a year later! They really were wonderful to work with and I can''t say enough good things about Connie in particular. So we returned the family ring and sent the wedding set back to the custom guys to look at just to double check that it was indeed palladium and not some other alloy that got mixed in causing the reaction. The ring was fine, it was me.
7.gif

That''s when we came up with the new design and rose gold. It was a long process, but an easy one. I never felt like I was fighting with them and they went above and beyond to make it perfect for me... now to plan the vow renewal to go with the new ring.
31.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE YOUR SET!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Is it 18k or 14k rose gold? It''s so romantic and scrumptious!!! I love it!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a lovely reset!!!! I adore it with the plain band, as well!

CDNTech

Rough_Rock
Thank you! They are 14k rose gold.
30.gif

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Those are beautiful!! I love the rose gold..
36.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful reset!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results