shape
carat
color
clarity

My reset...finally. My pretty stone is home.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi PSers,

I am so excited. My reset is finally in. Some of you know I have been looking for a reset for the past year. I kept coming back to the old school 5 stone. There is basically no subtlety to this setting. It's just straight up bling. As much as I loved the delicate antique settings, and the beautifully hand wrought mountings, I kept gravitating toward the five stone. I even tried getting a separate five stone, but that didn't do it either. I needed bling to cover the whole width of my finger. I guess I have to accept and embrace the bling whore in me. :lol:

I have never seen my stone unmounted, so I think this was what I was most excited about. When it was mounted, I had seen a lot of speckles, even in sunlight. Even after I had washed it, had jewelers wash it, steam it, cook it, bake it, I still saw the dots. I thought it had to do with the fluorescence.

The great news: unmounted, no spots!!! Yay!!!!! (I need a happy dance icon.) So I thought I would take some pics of just the stone.

2_10.png
2_11.png
2_12.png

pretty....

And here are the indoor and outdoor shots. I swear I will buy some flowers and take some outdoor shots with the SLR tomorrow! :)

2_13.png
clean_2.png
clean_1.png

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: You have to give the diamond specs...don't forget!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, thanks for the reminder diamondseeker.

2.59 carat, F, VS1, 3X, medium blue fluro, ring size 4.5

Some more pics...

side_daylight.png

The setting is really high, and I love it. The funny thing is this was exactly what I DIDN'T want with my first setting. Very nineties... :lol:
front_profile.png

daylight_1.png

sunlight_2.png

rs_fire_1.jpg

fire_2.png

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some from a distance...

car_3.jpg

car_1.jpg

finally_1.jpg

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
LLJsmom|1373171494|3478401 said:
Some from a distance...

car_3.jpg

car_1.jpg

finally_1.jpg

Congrats! Your new ring is blingy, I love it! I especially like the perspective shots. Waiting for your flower shots. Go get the flowers already!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that you acknowledged and honored the BLING HO in you!!! :lol: this way, we all get to enjoy the benefits! :lol:

It is incredible and so fiery :love: fantastic reset! :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like it! I love how the center stone (maybe because of the height) stands alone from the other stones. I also love the six prongs on the center stone. Beautiful finger coverage and lots and lots of bling!

Where did you get the mounting? How large are the sidestones? Can't wait for more pics!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is beautiful!! Wear it with much health and happiness!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No wonder it looks fabulous and huge! And F VS1, too! :appl: :appl: :appl: I really love it with the side stones and the wide band!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow it is beautiful and blingy...it looks great on you!!!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: Lovely ring and wedding set. Blingy but very sophisticated and elegant!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa, it looks fantastic!!! Gorgeous stone, and I love the reset - blingy, and yet classic and elegant too. A really beautiful look! :love:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my, that is gorgeous!! Love it!! :love: :love:

I am also contemplating a reset, & am leaning back towards a simple solitaire, but after seeing this!! Wow, I really like it!!

The simple band is very nice!

I would also like to know where you got the setting & band, the name of the setting & size of your side stones--it is perfect! :appl: :appl:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your bling is totally blinding me as we speak! :sun:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1373213109|3478540 said:

I am also contemplating a reset, & am leaning back towards a simple solitaire, but after seeing this!! Wow, I really like it!!

I would also like to know where you got the setting & band, the name of the setting & size of your side stones--it is perfect! :appl: :appl:

I just found your A. Link reset thread with all the details, beautiful ring!
sarahb

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your set is beautiful! I love the plain wedding band with the blingy setting!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I'll bet it's blinding in real life!!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1373170470|3478395 said:
Hi PSers,

I am so excited. My reset is finally in. Some of you know I have been looking for a reset for the past year. I kept coming back to the old school 5 stone. There is basically no subtlety to this setting. It's just straight up bling. As much as I loved the delicate antique settings, and the beautifully hand wrought mountings, I kept gravitating toward the five stone. I even tried getting a separate five stone, but that didn't do it either. I needed bling to cover the whole width of my finger. I guess I have to accept and embrace the bling whore in me. :lol:

...a lady after my own heart. :bigsmile: :lol:

I really love how you paired it with a plain band - it really makes the stones POP!! :love: GORGEOUS!!! :appl:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very pretty!

charleston1

Shiny_Rock
Holy mother of bling that is BLINGTASTIC :love: Absolutely stunning! Congratulations :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1373213109|3478540 said:

Hi Sarahb, Thank you for liking it. :) Thanks for liking the simple band too. I've had it for 15 years, and my jewelers have recently polished it. The platinum was very scuffed up. Looks like new now. I did want something substantial that could stand up against the width of the wedding band. I have to say. I was coveting the beautiful skinny eternity bands that so many PSers have. ;-)

The specs are 30 point side stones, F-G, VS quality. It is just a very traditional six prong head. And the setting is in platinum. They can make it with whatever size sides stones you like, or change the head to a four prong. I chose six because I wanted to accentuate the roundness of the center stone so it still looks like an e-ring.

I ended up not going with the A. Link setting because it was over my budget and I was worried about the exposure of the girdles on such extremely lowcut u-prongs. I went with a local jeweler, and this setting is something he created. It's is a very low basket setting with high sides so that I can wear rings next to it and not have the girdle of the side stones rub against anything and nothing can rub against the side stones. The A. Link u-prongs were soooo low that I could only wear A. Link eternities next to it, for the diamonds not to rub. I would have paid close to $9K for the A. Link. This one was about half the price, so I couldn't complain. The local jeweler's name is Derco's in San Francisco. I bought my platinum band from David Clay jewelers 15 years ago. It's a very boring standard band that is probably available everywhere. If you want more details on the name of the specific jeweler that helped me, just let me know and I can send you the particulars. They are located in the gift center and can work with you remotely. This setting has a matching 5 stone band that I would have loved, but I could never wear anything other than my old fat band. :) It means too much to me.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1373190000|3478441 said:
I love that you acknowledged and honored the BLING HO in you!!! :lol: this way, we all get to enjoy the benefits! :lol:

It is incredible and so fiery :love: fantastic reset! :appl:

Hi Enerchi, Thank you!! Yes, Bling Ho I am. Amazing that you PSers can bring out the true me!! ;-)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1373195041|3478459 said:
I really like it! I love how the center stone (maybe because of the height) stands alone from the other stones. I also love the six prongs on the center stone. Beautiful finger coverage and lots and lots of bling!

Where did you get the mounting? How large are the sidestones? Can't wait for more pics!

Hi MissGotRocks, thank you for you enjoying it!! I did specifically plan on a higher head so the center stone would not blend. See, Bling Ho, right?? Six prongs? Another Bling Ho symptom... :D

A local jeweler made the setting, one of their own designs. The sides are 30 points each, F-G, VS quality. Both are in platinum.

I will post more pics tonight.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1373221390|3478614 said:
LLJsmom|1373170470|3478395 said:
Hi PSers,

...a lady after my own heart. :bigsmile: :lol:

I really love how you paired it with a plain band - it really makes the stones POP!! :love: GORGEOUS!!! :appl:

msop04, it has taken me a whole year to come to terms with the Bling Ho, trying to surpress it. :) It would not stay down. :) Thanks for liking the ring anyway... ;-)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1373203388|3478473 said:
No wonder it looks fabulous and huge! And F VS1, too! :appl: :appl: :appl: I really love it with the side stones and the wide band!

Hi diamondseeker, I remember your advice from back then. What sings to you, I think you said. I followed it. :) thank you...

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1373209206|3478504 said:
:love: Lovely ring and wedding set. Blingy but very sophisticated and elegant!!!

Hi Acinom, Thank you for your kind comments. Sophisticated? Wow, thanks. Never woulda thought. But thank you. :) I will take it.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1373214218|3478552 said:
Your bling is totally blinding me as we speak! :sun:

Hi mom2boys, Thank you! I have seen your collection, or probably just some of it. You're my inspiration. :) One of many on this forum.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondrnglover, junebug17, Laila619, Rosebloom, Aprilbaby, charleston1,

Thank you all ladies for your sweet comments, and enjoying the rude blingyness of this reset. Even when I started way back when, I have received lots of great feedback from you all.

When I have it on, it just feels right. It's a great feeling to finally feel settled about this ring. Now I just get to enjoy. I still love looking at diamonds and settings and rings, but I don't have that sense of urgency anymore. Now I just have to control myself since I am going to spend two weeks in Hong Kong, and I just spent a ton of money. NO SHOPPING FOR ME!! :lol:

Mrs_CJP

Rough_Rock
Stunning ring!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FLOWER PICS: My first time ever, so please forgive the amateurish quality of these pics. I tried to pick the best.

These yellow ones I took indoors, with lots of sunlight coming into the room, using my iphone. I like how I can see through the stone on a bunch of these, but it was very hard to get a good shot of the center. Some of them show the reflection of the brown cabinetry in the kitchen. :loopy:

white_color_straight_cu.png
straight_on_blue.png
see_thru_more_distance.jpg
see_thru_cu_more_yellow.png
dark_cu_better.png
angle.png
angle_cu.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results