shape
carat
color
clarity

My remade Ritani ring...

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Everyone!

We recently had some issues with our Ritani ring... A diamond fell out of the gallery and when we sent it back to Ritani for repair, we became aware that because our jeweler had resized the ring and lowered the diamond, the warranty was void. After much debate, we decided to order a brand new ring. We were never happy with how the diamond in the original ring was set (see original post at [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/woohooo-my-ring-is-back.96259/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/woohooo-my-ring-is-back.96259/[/URL]). Anyhoo glad we decided to fix it in the end... It now sits flush with my wedding bands and the diamond if finally set properly.

PS: As a warning to all those out there - make sure Ritani sets your stone in their ring and resizes your ring instead of your local authorized jeweler so you can avoid problems like the ones we had... We wish we had been aware of this from the start.

Photo1.jpg

fridays_child

Shiny_Rock
That must have been a hard decision, glad you are happy with the outcome. And thanks for sharing that tip for future Ritani owners. Congrats on your reset!

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
fridays_child|1333742934|3165187 said:
That must have been a hard decision, glad you are happy with the outcome. And thanks for sharing that tip for future Ritani owners. Congrats on your reset!

hi friday_child,

Thanks! yes it was a very hard decision... my old ring had sentimental value but at the end of the day, i had lived with the ring for 4 years and was never completely happy with how it looked.... the diamond itself was never clean either because the diamond was set so low that grime and dirt was accumulating under the gallery and it just looked awful... in the end i felt like the diamond and wedding bands had more sentimental value to me than the actual e-ring setting and so i feel OK about the reset...

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
it looks great! I am glad you are happy with the new setting. :)

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm glad you have your beautiful ring back and perfect, as it should be. It looks great.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks perfect now. That was a hard lesson to learn but glad you re happy now. Beautiful! :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad everything worked out ok! Sorry you had to go through all that - your set is gorgeous!! :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! Glad you're happy with it.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry that you had to go through so much to make it just right, the time and effort really paid off though, it looks fantastic!

ChiTownSpecialK

Rough_Rock
I'm new here. I bought my wife a Ritani engagement ring from an authorized jeweler. The jeweler set the center stone. Does this mean the warranty is not valid on the ring anymore? I'm already not happy with this jeweler as they did not give me the warranty card with the ring. I didn't know there was a warranty card until I looked for wedding bands.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ChiTownSpecialK|1333784763|3165586 said:
I'm new here. I bought my wife a Ritani engagement ring from an authorized jeweler. The jeweler set the center stone. Does this mean the warranty is not valid on the ring anymore? I'm already not happy with this jeweler as they did not give me the warranty card with the ring. I didn't know there was a warranty card until I looked for wedding bands.

I do not know if this is the case, but a problem comes into play when people buy the sample designer setting from the jeweler and then the jeweler sets the stone and resizes the ring. Technically, most designers require that the diamond be sent to them and they make the ring to fit the diamond and finger size. I do think some designers allow jewelers to set a stone, though, so you'd have to check on Ritani's specific rules. But this is why I always tell people to never buy the sample ring unless it is such a great deal that it is worth it to not have a warranty.

In the case here, I am betting that the jeweler sizing the ring and setting the stone lower caused the potential for lost stones. That is why it is best to have the designer always make the ring in the right size in the beginning. If it ever is too big, use sizing beads because anytime you size a ring with pave on the shank, you are taking the chance of loosening stones.

ilovethiswebsite...I think you absolutely made the right decision! Your rings are beautiful! :love:

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1333803601|3165616 said:

I do not know if this is the case, but a problem comes into play when people buy the sample designer setting from the jeweler and then the jeweler sets the stone and resizes the ring. Technically, most designers require that the diamond be sent to them and they make the ring to fit the diamond and finger size. I do think some designers allow jewelers to set a stone, though, so you'd have to check on Ritani's specific rules. But this is why I always tell people to never buy the sample ring unless it is such a great deal that it is worth it to not have a warranty.

In the case here, I am betting that the jeweler sizing the ring and setting the stone lower caused the potential for lost stones. That is why it is best to have the designer always make the ring in the right size in the beginning. If it ever is too big, use sizing beads because anytime you size a ring with pave on the shank, you are taking the chance of loosening stones.

ilovethiswebsite...I think you absolutely made the right decision! Your rings are beautiful! :love:

hi Diamond Seeker,

You are absolutely right and this is exactly what happened to us. Unfortunately, our jeweler sold us a stock ring and told my husband at the time it was a custom order... We didn't even know they had sold us a stock ring until we sent it back for repair. I think the original ring they sold us was meant for a 1 carat or smaller diamond, and was way too big for me, so all the repairs on the ring ended up really messing with the integrity of the setting.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock

hi ChiTown,

I would definitely send it back to Ritani to have it fixed. The longer you wait the harder it will be to fix the problem.... We waited way too long to have it done properly and so we ended up having to purchase a whole new ring. Far as I know, some of the authorized dealers are also authorized to do repairs on the ring (like set the center stone) but most are not. We live in Canada and the jeweler we were dealing with was not (although we had no idea this was the case at the time)... I also did not receive a warranty card with the first ring but we specifically asked for one with the new one. If it hasn't been too long I would ask that the jeweler send it to Ritani for repair.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It definitely looks perfect now!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It look wonderful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results