shape
carat
color
clarity

My red spinel transformation

S

SparkliesLuver

I realize this ring isn't for everyone, but I do welcome any and all comments. It's a finished deal though and is on its way to me. I do love it, especially since it pushed me a bit out of my comfort zone to do something uniquely beautiful.

Thank you to everyone who helped me get here!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's unique and beautiful, and will look even nicer in person! Congrats!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Your new ring is so different...and I love it!!! :love: It's such a unique style and I think it's going to look great on you.
I can't wait to see your hand shots.

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, NKOTB. That means a lot coming from you. :)

Aw, thanks, elle! :D It definitely is unique, and that's what I was going for. I appreciate your kind words! I'm very excited to receive it early next week. Seeing it on Amy's tiny finger reaffirmed that it'll look just fine on my much larger one. haha

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1457703039|4003354 said:
Thank you, NKOTB. That means a lot coming from you. :)

Aw, thanks, elle! :D It definitely is unique, and that's what I was going for. I appreciate your kind words! I'm very excited to receive it early next week. Seeing it on Amy's tiny finger reaffirmed that it'll look just fine on my much larger one. haha

Right...she has tiny digits! :lol:
Mine new ring is supposed to be in Monday. How about yours? If your anywhere near as impatient as I am, you're already going crazy.

S

SparkliesLuver

haha Yep, she sure does. Oh, very nice! I believe mine is as well. I think. I hope. ;-) I've gotten a tad better, but deep down I'm still decently impatient when I'm genuinely excited. :lol: I can't wait to see your hand shots too! ;-)

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A one-of-a-kind ring with a more vintage feel than your paraiba. I think the style is perfect with a red stone and together you've come up with another killer combination! :love: As someone who tries to push for variety, I love is your ability to come up with styles that make each piece unique yet equally stunning in its own right.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it! So unique and pretty :love:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad your beautiful red spinel has such a lovely and unique setting to show it off. Well done! :appl:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everything isn't for everyone which is a good thing IMO. Its beautiful! :love: :love: :love: :love: Its big and bold, and makes a statement! :appl:

picante27

Shiny_Rock
I love it! Absolutely gorgeous! :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

Wow, lilmosun, you sure know how to make a woman blush. What compliments! Thank you so, so much. :) I enjoy doing each stone justice by crafting something unique for it, and overall I like variety in my collection too. I'm certainly glad those things have come across. Again, thank you.

Thank you, theredspinel! :D

I'm happy you feel the setting does the spinel justice too, Lisa! Thank you. :)

That's very true, Arcadian - you make a valid point. :) My hands can surely handle big and bold, so I wanted to go for it with this one. Thank you!!

Thank you so much for your kind words, picante. :D

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful and unique design!
The red really pops :love: I am looking forward to see your own pics once you have received it.
Happy waiting :wavey:

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, Acinom. I think it does too, which is one thing I certainly wanted. :) I can't wait to see it on my hand as well. :lol: Thank you!

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:o

Glorious piece worthy of royalty...

S

SparkliesLuver

You are way too kind, Gloria! I'm so happy you like it, though. Thank you very much. :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, can't wait for the hand shots!

S

SparkliesLuver

haha Me too, minou. ;-) I really hope it arrives today!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although it's not to my design preference, I can still appreciate the colour and aesthetics of the ring. I think it very bespoke, unique in a good way. Can't wait to see more pictures of it on your digit. :appl:

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you for your honest and respectful comments, Chrono. Admittedly, it took me a few minutes to adjust to it after seeing it - only because it is a stretch for me - but I think it came together well. I'm really looking forward to seeing it in-person and on my finger.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this ring Sparklies. It is gorgeous and unique and it is a statement piece. :love: Absolutely gorgeous IMO. Cannot wait to see it on your hand. :appl:

S

SparkliesLuver

Hi, missy. :) Thank you very much - you're too sweet! Deep down I did want this to be a unique statement ring - as I've always wanted a red spinel - so I'm glad you feel the vision translated.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely love this ring!!! It is SO up my alley, love the design and the color of that spinel is just luscious! :love: Beautifully done, and great finger coverage too! Can't wait to see hand shots!

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you for your kind words, junebug. :D You're right about the finger coverage. hehe As someone with larger hands, I wanted to give the whole ring a bit more spread. Thank you again!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, I keep coming back to it. Its Steampunk meets Victorian. :love: :love: I really like it and it goes against the PS norm. could see this design as a 2 toned one as well. Why I don't know but I do. Can see this also in black gold...yeah that would be awesome!!

I just keep coming in and to check it out, don't mind me...lol

S

SparkliesLuver

Aw. :) That's a good way of describing it, Arcadian. haha And yes, you're right, it does go against the PS norm. I thought for a minute about doing it two-toned, but decided against it as the only true color I wanted was the red in the spinel. Black gold would be awesome, especially with the right stone. I'm super glad you really like it. :D

S

SparkliesLuver

It arrived! :dance: I have to say that as soon as I opened the box, it all came together. It really did. I truly love this ring. The details are so dainty yet it comes together in a bigger way. It feels wonderful on my hand, too. Unfortunately I'm headed to a 3-hour long meeting, but I did manage to take a quick picture in the elevator and near a window. :lol: Sorry these aren't better, but I figured something is better than nothing! ;-)

img_11074.jpg

_36682.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Arcadian|1457971530|4005105 said:
You know, I keep coming back to it. Its Steampunk meets Victorian. :love: :love: I really like it and it goes against the PS norm. could see this design as a 2 toned one as well. Why I don't know but I do. Can see this also in black gold...yeah that would be awesome!!

I just keep coming in and to check it out, don't mind me...lol
That's it Arcadian, steampunk is the word I was searching for. Sparkliesluver I love your new ring, it is unusual, dark and ornate, it suits the intense red very well.

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you very much, Lovinggems. It means a lot that you say it suits the red because that's my goal of every project - to design something fitting for the stone (and within my style).

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Your new ring is a work of art! What a beauty it is! I am so glad your design came out so beautifully. And in the picture of your whole hand it looks perfectly at home.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results