shape
carat
color
clarity

my purple pink spinel ring (4.14 ct) Picture heavy!

Candice

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone,
this was the spinel that I had asked everyone about before purchasing, I was told it had a french door sized window, but the colour was medium tone and saturation. with the size and the price I bought it to see it in real life. When I opened the package it wa sin my car (I can never wait till I get home to open a package) and it was nice and sunny outside. the stone was a great size, very sparkly throwing flashes of purple and pink. I kept it for a day and looked at in in all lights. I did not black out but the colour does shift in different lighting conditions from light pinky purple in bright sunlight to medium purple inside at night. all of these pictures are taken last night with no flash and some with flash. I took these in the most awkward places...bathroom...kitchen floor but these were the only places I could get a decent shot of what I see to my eye, some of them are still a bit too dark for what I see.
the setting is 14k white gold shank and 14k rose gold basket, I think the basket helps minimize the "french door" LOL.
spinel14.jpg spinel17.jpg spinel19.jpg spnel7.jpg spinel18.jpg spinel17.jpg spinel16.jpg

Candice

Shiny_Rock
spinel11.jpg spinel4.jpg spinel1_0.jpg spinel4_0.jpg
don't mind the tiffany box, its the best ring box I have for taking pictures because there's a weight in the bottom of it.

Candice

Shiny_Rock
spinel6.jpg
spinel20_0.jpg and a hand shot to end the picture overload! my ring size is 8

thanks for looking :wavey:

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I love that purple goodness. Nice setting!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! Enjoy it!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!! I love gemstone solitares.

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations on going with your gut and getting a beautiful stone. LOVE the size and he chunky, solitaire style. way to go!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous! Such a nice color and I love the setting also!!

Candice

Shiny_Rock
thanks mariedtiger,herekittykitty, indylady, sphenequeen, and Lailia! i love it and i'm so glad everyone gave me their .02 cents when I was choosing the stone, I appreciate all comments on it because i'm still learning and will be learning for a very long time... im starting an apprenticeship to become a hobby goldmsmith soon :appl:

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
WOW !!! Congratulations on your new hobby !!!! I think that would be so cool to learn !!!

You have taken really nice pictures of your stone in various lighting,
that's REALLY hard to do with purple, in MY experience !!!
I think the color of the stone and also the setting are very pretty !
Your cat is very pretty too :sun:

T

talamasca

Very pretty and I love the setting

Candice

Shiny_Rock
ooo~Shiney!|1306721996|2933444 said:
WOW !!! Congratulations on your new hobby !!!! I think that would be so cool to learn !!!

You have taken really nice pictures of your stone in various lighting,
that's REALLY hard to do with purple, in MY experience !!!
I think the color of the stone and also the setting are very pretty !
Your cat is very pretty too :sun:
wow thanks ooo shiney! I wasn't sure how these pictures would come out on PS.
I'm excited to start, I will most likely be learning one day a week on the weekend sor something, It'll be beneficial in the long term so I can set my own stones! maybe i'll even get good enough to design for others? i'll see!

and my kitty's name is Lady Bogart- she's almost one and I kept her from a litter of kittens and a momma I rescued last summer, shes a sweet heart is super curious and "talks" constantly LOL

Candice

Shiny_Rock
thanks talamasca, love your profile pic, is that your lab?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results