shape
carat
color
clarity

My purchases from ACS.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I was tres weak. I bought an andalusite, a moonstone, an aquamarine ring and a peruvian opal necklace.

kiz-purchase1.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, those are very good buys. I''d been thinking about that cab aqua way before the sale but held back. I''ve got enough rings as it is.
11.gif
The moonstone looks fab, as the opal necklace and andalusite.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowzers, I was just eyeing that aqua. hehehe Congrats
35.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

GOOD GIRL! I was eyeing that aqua too--but you beat me to it!
2.gif
Someone bought that 2.02 hot pink (trianglular cut) sapphire I had been dreaming about, too.
8.gif
Oh well.... I did manage to get those 18K persian turquoise earrings tho.......

cheers--Sharon

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Heh, I had been pondering the aqua for a while too. But I figured now was the time to buy it.

Chrono, I didn''t think it was possible to have too many pieces of jewelry.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Canuk-gal,
That hot pink sapphire is really something isn't it? I was sorely tempted to get it but my wallet cried much louder.
39.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/1/2007 3:12:06 PM
Author: Chrono
Canuk-gal,
That hot pink sapphire is really something isn''t it? I was sorely tempted to get it but my wallet cried much louder.
39.gif
HI:

Chrono it certainly was. Hope another comes along soon.......

cheers--Sharon

twodoor2

Shiny_Rock
Really beautiful, I''m so attracted to those turquoise blue colors. They have a very calming effect on my senses. I really want a nice moonstone, I should check them out!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh great buys Kismet! I especially like the aqua ring and the opal necklace! Booteefull!

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Great purchases Kismet. I love the moonstone. The ring, necklace and andalusite are gorgeous as well. Can''t wait to see hand and neck photos of the jewelry pieces.

And did someone mention the hot pink sapphire triangle cushion cut with slightly purplish medium dark pink color?!?! I hadn''t noticed it. LOL!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE that aqua ring. It is gorgeous. What a beautiful color!!!!!

Linda

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What wonderful purchases you have made! A whole new collection.

What will you do with the two stones? They both look very interesting.

Congrats! on your purchases.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do have to say the people on this site have very good taste!
18.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
These are very pretty purchases, i especially love the aquamarine ring..

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great purchases, Kismet! I love the aqua ring and the opal...and both of your other finds!!! Hope you post hand pics/neck shots, etc. so we can further drool!
18.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all for you kind words. I will definitely post shots once I get them in my hot little hands (although this is going to take longer than normal because it appears Barbara is swamped... go figure :) )

As for what I''m going to do with them... I''m *thinking* that the moonstone will be a pendant, hanging north/south with 3 or 4 small round sapphires (or other blue stones) across the top. For the andalusite I''m thinking a ring, but I''m not really sure what style of ring. I''ve never set a triangular ring stone before.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s an idea:
wr-2.jpg

You can also do chevrons for the pointy corners instead of prongs.
I''ve also bezel set my mom''s trilliant peridot.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s a fab ring. Simplicity at its finest.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Because I truely believed I''d end up owning that triangular cut pink sapphire, I had imagined some designs involving a split shank. Perhaps micropave diamonds. I am no good with photoshop, so I''ll try and find a pciture and post what I cannot convey with words.

cheers--Sharon

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooooooo, I''m not usually a fan of trillions but that ring is FAB! Kismet your andalusite would look great set in a ring like that!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d love to see the trilliant split shank design too, Canuk-gal. I have a trillion to set and have being trying to get more options.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 11:25:47 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Because I truely believed I''d end up owning that triangular cut pink sapphire, I had imagined some designs involving a split shank. Perhaps micropave diamonds. I am no good with photoshop, so I''ll try and find a pciture and post what I cannot convey with words.

cheers--Sharon

Ooh, yes please Sharon. I''d love to see some trillion w/ split shank pics.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Well, it has been a challenge to find good pictures to show! Leon Mage has pave styles that likely could be modified to accomodate a trillion, but I didn't see anything exactly like what I have in my head. However, on David Keeling's site, there are three rings I think "could" work...that said, I really don't know if I can drop those individual pcitures into this thread......

ETA: no I cannot drop them in here; so if you get a chance check his site out and tell me what you think. There is one ring with a retangular green stone set recessed between two diamond sides......then there is a trillion cut diamod ER set that might work, perhaps set lower.......and finally there is another trillion set on top of a tricolored band, bezel set if memory serves......

cheers--Sharon

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/3/2007 8:42:26 AM
Author: Kismet
Thanks all for you kind words. I will definitely post shots once I get them in my hot little hands (although this is going to take longer than normal because it appears Barbara is swamped... go figure :) )

As for what I''m going to do with them... I''m *thinking* that the moonstone will be a pendant, hanging north/south with 3 or 4 small round sapphires (or other blue stones) across the top. For the andalusite I''m thinking a ring, but I''m not really sure what style of ring. I''ve never set a triangular ring stone before.
Oh I REALLY like this idea. It will be stunning.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2007 1:30:40 PM
HI:

Well, it has been a challenge to find good pictures to show! Leon Mage has pave styles that likely could be modified to accomodate a trillion, but I didn''t see anything exactly like what I have in my head. However, on David Keeling''s site, there are three rings I think ''could'' work...that said, I really don''t know if I can drop those individual pcitures into this thread......

ETA: no I cannot drop them in here; so if you get a chance check his site out and tell me what you think. There is one ring with a retangular green stone set recessed between two diamond sides......then there is a trillion cut diamod ER set that might work, perhaps set lower.......and finally there is another trillion set on top of a tricolored band, bezel set if memory serves......

cheers--Sharon

I''m guessing you meant rectangular stone set between two diamond sides
trillion cut ER
trillion on tricolored band

I like the first one but the other two are a bit chunky for my taste. How would you set a trillion into the first one though? With a flat side against one of the diamond bands and a point notched into the other diamond band? I can''t imagine that two points notched into the diamond bands and the 3rd point hanging free would work.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/7/2007 10:52:26 AM
Author: Kismet

Date: 8/5/2007 1:30:40 PM
ETA: no I cannot drop them in here; so if you get a chance check his site out and tell me what you think. There is one ring with a retangular green stone set recessed between two diamond sides......then there is a trillion cut diamod ER set that might work, perhaps set lower.......and finally there is another trillion set on top of a tricolored band, bezel set if memory serves...... cheers--Sharon

I'm guessing you meant rectangular stone set between two diamond sides
trillion cut ER
trillion on tricolored band

I like the first one but the other two are a bit chunky for my taste. How would you set a trillion into the first one though? With a flat side against one of the diamond bands and a point notched into the other diamond band? I can't imagine that two points notched into the diamond bands and the 3rd point hanging free would work.
HI:

Yup Kismet--this is what I meant. Thin shanks as far as it would be possible. Also Vera Wang has the most wonderful "twisted" stone rings in her modern vintage collection; just large stones and yellow gold. She shows squarish stones, but I think a trillion would work. As an aside, I am thinking of having my raspberry tourmaline reset into a design of this nature.

Incidentally, I have a trillion cut ceylon sapphire set into a ring--I'll post a few pictures if I get a chance. It was handmade and is a modern design......

cheers--Sharon

oneswede

Rough_Rock
I have to have that aquamarine ring!!! ME LOVES IT! where on earth did you get that??

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2007 2:27:48 PM
Author: oneswede
I have to have that aquamarine ring!!! ME LOVES IT! where on earth did you get that??

I purchased it from Artistic Colored Stones but where Barbara got it from, I couldn''t say. You can try emailing her and asking though.

oneswede

Rough_Rock
I just found her website on another thread. http://www.acstones.com/ she has some amazing things. If you ever tire of that spectacular ring...
2.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I saw this ring at Cronin Jewelers and thought it was a nice design for a trillion stone. They do have some neat stuff on their website.

cronin-sapphire.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results